Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Category talk:Multi-strike moves
All of the examples here say the move ends immediately when breaking a Substitute, but Pokémon XD features a battle CD where a substitute breaks when a Swipe-Move is uses and continues to hit. In Generation IV, this behaviour is the same. This leaves to question, if this behaviour is the same in all generation III games, or just Pokémon XD. Gywall 16:23, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- It seems Generation IV at least has the hit beyond substitute behaviour. I just tested not long ago.
- Get Mr. Mime with Substitute and Rhyperior with Rock Blast.
- Use Pokéradar until a Ditto appears.
- Send out Mr. Mime to be transformed into by ditto.
- Send out Rhyperior and stall with Helping Hand until it forms a sub.
- Use Rock Blast on substitute.
- Result was a two-hit kill. First shot hit the substitute and broke it, second KO'd with a critical hit. Gywall(Talk) 20:01, 8 June 2008 (UTC)