Category talk:Episodes in which a main character obtains a new Pokémon
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
I think this should be split into:
- Category:Episodes in which Ash obtains a new Pokémon
- Category:Episodes in which Misty obtains a new Pokémon
- Category:Episodes in which Brock obtains a new Pokémon
- Category:Episodes in which May obtains a new Pokémon
And the Sinnoh ones. (I have little knowledge on these.)
What do you guys think? TheBlazikenMaster 18:29, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- What about miscellaneous characters who get new Pokémon? I mean, Tracey counts as a main character, but he only got one new Pokémon ever, which is not enough for a Category:Episodes in which Tracey obtains a new Pokémon category... Also, don't forget Team Rocket. Should we divide them up and have Jessie and James have their own "obtains new Pokémon" categories, or just lump them together as Team Rocket? --DarkfireTaimatsu 18:33, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I would say main characters would be classified as Ash Ketchum, Misty, Brock, Tracey Sketchit, May, Dawn, Jessie and James. I think the idea of splitting the categories is a good idea, but DarkfireTaimatsu has a point by stating that Tracey only caught one Pokémon during his time on the series. That wouldn't really look good to have a category with just one occupant (so to speak). For characters like Ash, Brock, May, Dawn and Team Rocket, it makes sense, but if we're going to count them, we would have to count Tracey as one. I'm split on the idea myself (no pun intended).
- As for Team Rocket, I think they should be classified as Jessie and James. After all, they each have had a good amount of Pokémon. --PAK Man Talk 18:44, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Well, Tracy was just a main character for one small season, so he should only be in the main category. Anyway, instead of naming the category for team rocket: Category:Episodes in which Team Rocket obtains a new Pokémon, let's name them [Category:Episodes in which Jessie and James obtains a new Pokémon, because otherwise people might add episodes in the category where minor Team Rocket member (which makes few or none other appearances in the anime) catches a pokémon, we don't want that, trust me. TheBlazikenMaster 20:01, 19 August 2007 (UTC)