From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| The subject of this article has no official name.|
The name currently in use is a fan designator; see below for more information.
Bianca's father, or Bianca's dad, (Japanese: ベルパパ Bel's papa) is a non-player character that appears in Black and White.
In the games
Bianca's father is first seen in his home at the beginning of Black and White. There he forbids his daughter from going on a journey because it would be too dangerous. Bianca left on her journey with the player and Cheren anyway but she was confronted by her dad once she reached Nimbasa City. He goes there in order to force her to go back home with him. Elesa soon came to her defense telling her father that he needs to have more faith in his daughter. Hearing her words, he had a change of heart and let her continue her journey. His sprite is that of a male Pokéfan.
He returns in Black 2 and White 2, this time staying in his own home in Nuvema Town. Should the player interact with him, he comments that the player's family must be worried about them, and tells them to make sure they are keeping in contact with their parents.
At Nuvema Town
- "No, no, a thousand times no!"
- "What nonsense is this? How could my daughter, who knows nothing about the world, be going on a journey with Pokémon?"
- After returning from Nimbasa City
- "Well, then. I look forward to the stories Bianca will have for us next time she comes home."
- "Even if there are many things you want to do, you're only one person. It's frustrating, isn't it?"
At Nimbasa City
- "I've come to take you back home, of course! Your mother told me that you'd made it all the way out here. Haven't you gone far enough?"
- "Absolutely not! Others do things their way, and we do things ours!"
- "Hey! Who do you think you are? This is a family matter!"
- "Of course! That's exactly right! It's because I'm worried about that..."
- "Hmm... I guess. If wanting to continue your journey is selfishness on your part, wanting to stop you is selfishness on mine. I'm surprised to find I'm the one being childish--at my age! This Gym Leader's comments helped me wake up. Bianca, I'm sure it's better that you take the path you want to take now. I hope that your journey will be fun. Bon voyage! <player>, please... Take care of my little girl, OK?"
At Nuvema Town
- "I see! So you're on a Pokémon journey, too! I'm quite impressed with you. And with your parents, too. After always being together as a family, and now not having you around... I'll bet--no, I'm sure--they're worried about you out on your own. Be sure to tell them all about what happens in your travels."
In the anime
Bianca's father ready for a battle in the anime
Bianca mentioned her father in Minccino-Neat and Tidy!, claiming that he did not allow her to start her journey at the age of ten, which was why she was just a beginning Trainer at a later age.
He debuted in the flesh in Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! where he was waiting for Bianca inside the Nimbasa Gym. Like in the games, he wanted Bianca to return home with him but he did compromise to let his daughter battle Elesa first. If she were to lose, she would have to come home. The battle had resulted in a loss and he was set on having her come home with him. He later battled Ash, where he made him promise that if he lost, he would also have to return to his home town of Pallet.
Before the battle began, Bianca's father changed into his battle clothes and said he was referred to as the Red Meteor (Japanese: 赤い流星 Red Meteor) here in his days as a young Trainer. Bianca's father was able to defeat him in battle but he had a change of heart soon afterwards. He decided to let Bianca travel and told Ash that he would not have to return to Pallet Town. He later had to chase his daughter down after she left her bag inside the Battle Club.
Much like Bianca, his style of battling consists of focusing in a Pokémon power and endurance of the opponent's attacks.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Bianca's father in Adventures
Bianca's father made a brief appearance in Pokémon Adventures, literally trying to stop his daughter from leaving on a journey. He and his wife were shown to be very protective and strict, as shown when they did not allow Bianca to have practice battles with Black when they were young. Later, in a flashback of Black's past, Bianca's father discovered Bianca, Cheren, and Black using his Pokémon to practice battling.
Infuriated, he tried to make sure Bianca would stay away from her two friends until Black managed to convince the man to let him use their books to study about Pokémon without actually using them.
| Stoutland is the first of Bianca's father's Pokémon seen. It was borrowed by Bianca, Cheren, and Black to practice Pokémon battling.
None of Stoutland's moves are known.
|| A Nickname for Tepig
|| Unfezant ♂
| Unfezant is the second of Bianca's father's Pokémon seen. He was borrowed by Bianca, Cheren, and Black to practice Pokémon battling.
None of Unfezant's moves are known.
|| A Nickname for Tepig