From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!
Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!!
|| September 19, 2013
| United States
|| November 30, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 武上純希 Junki Takegami
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| 中島彩佳 Ayaka Nakajima
| Assistant director
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! (Japanese: ベストウイッシュ！また会う日まで！！ Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!!) is the 141st episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 798th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on September 19, 2013 and in the United States on November 30, 2013.
As our heroes and Alexa wrap up their shipboard tour of the Decolore Islands, they spot several Pokémon native to the Kanto region. Porter says that’s a sure sign that their final stop, Vermilion City, is close by! They all have plans for Kanto: Ash can’t wait to get home, Iris and Cilan really want to see some Pokémon that are new to them, and Alexa has plans to interview Professor Oak.
Of course, Team Rocket is close behind, and the villains have plans of their own—to finally capture Pikachu! From their Basculin submarine, they try to stop the cruise ship by entangling its propellers, and when that doesn’t work, they succeed in floating the ship up into the sky with giant balloons! The passengers panic, and in the confusion, Team Rocket manages to net Pikachu, Axew, and an impressive haul of Poké Balls from our heroes and the other passengers!
Trapped in the cargo hold, Ash, Iris, and Cilan make several attempts to escape before they’re successful, and then come at Team Rocket with a vengeance! It isn’t long before the hapless trio is overpowered, and all the Pokémon are safely returned, as the ship glides down to a safe and gentle splashdown. Alexa has been working in her cabin with headphones on the whole time, so she has no idea of what’s been happening—but when she finds out, she wants to write an article about it!
The Decolore Queen finally docks in Vermilion City, and Iris and Cilan can’t contain their excitement—they want to set out on the next leg of their journey right away! Iris wants to go to Blackthorn City to train with Gym Leader Clair, and Cilan plans to attend a fishing competition in the Hoenn region. Ash and Alexa go to the train station to see them off, and as they say goodbye, it’s a bittersweet moment as Ash thinks back on all the adventures they’ve had together.
But after a long journey, he’s nearly home, and it’s time for Ash and Alexa to set off for Pallet Town!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
While in sight of Vermilion City, Jessie, James and Meowth use a huge balloon to make the Decolore cruise ship float in the air with the passengers aboard. Team Rocket are not the only ones getting in the way of Ash, Iris and Cilan, but apparently, Porter is against them as well. Will our heroes arrive on Vermilion City before Team Rocket steal their Pokémon?
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Gyarados (US and international) Lapras (Japan)
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Panpour
- This episode was followed by a trailer for the XY series instead of the normal Live Caster.
- Cilan and Iris plan to travel to Johto using the Magnet Train, which was still under construction in A Goldenrod Opportunity.
- It should be also noted that in the aforementioned episode it was said that it would take a year before the train would be finished, indicating that at least a year has passed from that moment.
- The background music used for Team Rocket's motto is the original Unova motto music that previously played from BW002 to BW006, instead of the usual Sinnoh motto music re-arrangement that has played from BW035 onwards.
- This episode features the following flashbacks of Ash, Iris, and Cilan:
- From a technical point of view, the design of the train Iris and Cilan boarded is incorrect. Given the fact that there's only one maglev train (the Magnet Train), and the modern, aerodynamic design of the end of the train, it can be assumed that the train runs on electricity. However, no electric third rail exists, and neither do any overhead wires. (And batteries are not used to power motors on mainline railroads)
- When Jessie stands on the rope ladder reciting the motto as herself, she is seen wearing her short shirt, while half of it should be identical to James's longer shirt.
- In the dub, James can be heard laughing along Jessie and Meowth after the balloons lift up the cruise ship. However, James was not actually with the other two at the time. In the original version, Jessie was trying to laugh with a gender-neutral voice so she could sound like herself and imitate James at the same time.
- Similarly to What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!, Team Rocket's original Unova motto BGM is removed, but instead of being replaced with the Sinnoh motto music, it is replaced with dub-exclusive music.
In other languages
|| 祝福妳們（Best wishes），直至再會那一天
|| Best Wish！直到再見面的那一天！！
|| Veel geluk en tot ziens!
|| Στο Καλό και Καλή Αντάμωση!
|| Alla prossima cari amici!
|| 베스트위시! 다시 만날 날까지!
|| Powodzenia i do zobaczenia!
| European Spanish
|| ¡¡Mucha suerte hasta que volvamos a vernos!!
|| Lycka till, tills vi möts igen!