From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
April 1, 2005 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Friday.
- A new Pokémon, Korechū (Japanese: これュウ and これちゆぅ, sic) was revealed in a magazine page scan also depicting a DS port of Hey You, Pikachu!. PokéLord later admitted he had composed it as a joke. The Pokémon Shinx appears to look similar to this Pokémon.
- Chance (Japanese: チャーンス Chānsu), believed to be a pre-evolutionary form of Chansey, is revealed as a new TCG card. Its only attack is "April Fool". This Pokémon resembles Happiny, which evolves into Chansey.
- Pokemopolis posted a cease and desist letter from a law firm representing Nintendo that claimed the site had tarnished Nintendo's image.
- The PokéMasters forums faked a database error.
- Serebii.net forums had an elaborate custom avatar prank which angered many.
- Legendary Pokémon showed a fake magazine page scan (actually about The Legend of Zelda), revealing the shadow of a Pokémon named エイプリルフール — a katakana rendition of April Fool.
A magazine page scan depicting Korechū
A scan showing April Fool
- Bulbagarden forums forced all users to adopt a skin for a day, parodying the scheme of Serebii.net forums.
- Bulbapedia was taken over by a cabal, and various texts were changed to reflect this.
- Serebii.net used the classic Digimon-for-Pokémon substitution.
- Pokedex.jp also changed its appearance to focus on Digimon.
Real announcements misinterpreted as hoaxes included:
- Pokémon Casewraps - lets consumers customize consoles with Pokémon images, but as the information was released on April 1, there was confusion as to whether it was real.
- ↑ Filb.de
- ↑ Pokébeach 1
- ↑ Pokébeack 2
- ↑ Casewraps - not a joke