April Fools' Day 2007
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
(Redirected from April Fool's Day 2007)
April 1, 2007 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Sunday.
- Sunain announced her departure from #pocketmonsters and the community in general on March 26, then returned on April 1 itself.
- #pocketmonsters also released a fake episode of School Rumble falsely labeled as a subtitled DP024.
- Pokecharms.com was taken down impending action over the Copyright Infringements taking place on domain: Pokecharms.com under a claim by Plaintiff: Nintendo United Kingdom; relating to the franchise: Pokémon.
- Pokemopolis announced and effected a merger with Serebii.net.
- Legendary Pokémon announced and effected a merger with Serebii.net.
- Pokémon.Marriland.com claimed to have unearthed information about the third game in the Generation IV series, which they called Pokémon Zircon. Before the real Pokémon Platinum boxart was revealed, many people thought that this "Zircon" boxart was that of Platinum. Ironically, much of the "information" Marriland provided turned out to be true.
- Serebii.net revealed a number of English names for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl towns, attacks, Abilities and items, which many incorrectly believed to be a hoax.
- Bulbagarden forums became Bananagarden, which was followed by a mock civil war, "Operation Desert Salmon", between the League of Neutral Posters led by Evil Figment (Damian Silverblade), and the rest of the staff and members led by Pie.
- SPPf removed all avatars and custom user titles due to "server errors". Some forums were also deleted.
- Dogasu's Backpack was changed to Satoshi's Orenospace (a play on MySpace) page. Pages for Takeshi and Harley were also created.
- This date marked the tenth anniversary of the Pokémon anime.
|April Fools' Day|
|2005 ・ 2006 ・ 2007 ・ 2008 ・ 2009 ・ 2010 ・ 2011 ・ 2012 ・ 2013 ・ 2014 ・ 2015|
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|