From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova and Beyond, known as Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova prior to Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!, is the sixteenth season of the dubbed version of the Pokémon anime, following the conclusion of the fifteenth season. It is the third and final dubbed season of the Best Wishes series, following Ash as he continues his journey, venturing in the Unova region with his friends Iris and Cilan.
It began on February 2, 2013 with the dub premiere Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!, and concluded on December 7, 2013 with The Dream Continues!. It originally aired in the United States as part of the 2013 Cartoon Network Saturday morning line-up.
It is preceded by Pokémon BW: Rival Destinies and is succeeded by Pokémon the Series: XY, the first season of the dub of the XY series, which is based on the Generation VI games.
Ash and his friends Iris and Cilan have foiled Team Rocket’s latest evil plan, but a new danger lurks on the horizon! But first, with eight Gym badges in hand, Ash is ready to take on the region’s ultimate challenge: the Unova League, where he’ll face familiar rivals and new opponents in his ongoing quest to become a Pokémon Master! Meanwhile, Iris has been having some trouble connecting with her powerful and stubborn Dragonite—can a visit home to the Village of Dragons help sort things out for the aspiring Dragon Master? And what exciting new adventures await our heroes beyond the Unova League? The answers to come, as the journey continues!
- Ash learns that the Unova League will be held in Vertress City. (BW098)
- Iris returns to the Village of Dragons. (BW100)
- Iris has a rematch with Drayden and loses again. (BW101)
- The Vertress Conference takes place. (BW103 - BW108)
- The tournament begins with 128 competitors. (BW103)
- Stephan advances to the second round after defeating Radley. (BW103)
- Ash, Virgil, Bianca and Cameron battle and defeat Trip, Ultimo, Mikael and Kendrick, thus advancing to the next round. (BW104)
- Ash and Trip end their rivalry and become friends. (BW104)
- Cameron defeats Bianca, eliminating the latter from the tournament. (BW104)
- Ash, Stephan, and Virgil are revealed to have made it through the second round. (BW105)
- Ash, Stephan, Cameron, and Virgil make it through the third round. (BW105)
- Ash defeats Stephan, eliminating the latter from the tournament. (BW106)
- Cameron and Virgil advance to the next round, after beating Kenton and Flora respectively. (BW106)
- Cameron defeats Ash, eliminating the latter from the tournament. (BW106, BW107, BW108)
- Virgil wins the Vertress Conference. (BW108)
- Ash and his friends return to Nuvema Town after the conclusion of the Vertress Conference. (BW109)
- Ash and his friends meet N. (BW110)
- Ash and friends meet Cheren, the Aspertia City Gym Leader. (BW111)
- Ash meets Looker again and Cilan and Iris meet him for the first time. (BW112)
- Ash, Iris and Cilan encounter the villainous Team Plasma, as well as the Plasma Scientist Colress, for the first time. (BW112)
- Ash and his friends meet N again, who decides to travel with them. (BW114)
- Ash reunites with his Charizard, and puts it in his active rotation. (BW116)
- Ash and his friends meet Anthea and Concordia for the first time. (BW117)
- Ash and his friends find out that N used to be a member of Team Plasma. (BW118)
- Ash, Iris and Cilan are escorted to the White Ruins by Cedric Juniper's assistant, who later is revealed to be Looker undercover. (BW120)
- N surrenders the Light Stone to Team Plasma in exchange for Colress freeing Ash's Pikachu from his control. (BW121)
- Ghetsis arrives and starts the ritual of awakening Reshiram. (BW121)
- Looker arrests Ghetsis, Colress and the other Team Plasma members, thereby bringing down the team. (BW122)
- Ash, Iris and Cilan leave Unova for Kanto, via the Decolore Islands. (BW123)
- Iris and Cilan meet Professor Oak in person for the first time. (BW128)
- Ash, Iris and Cilan meet Alexa, a reporter from the Kalos region, for the first time. (BW134)
- Alexa joins Ash, Iris, and Cilan during their travels to Kanto. (BW134)
- Ash encounters Clair again. (BW136)
- Iris, Cilan, and Alexa meet Clair. (BW136)
- Alexa is revealed to own a Noivern. (BW137)
- Ash, Iris, Cilan and Alexa arrive in Kanto. (BW141)
- Iris and Cilan decide to head to Johto and separate from Ash and Alexa, who continue on to Pallet Town. (BW141)
- Ash and Alexa leave Kanto for the Kalos region. (BW142)
The following Pokémon are obtained:
The following Pokémon are left at Professor Oak's Laboratory:
The following Pokémon are left at Team Rocket HQ:
The following Pokémon are left at Pewter Gym:
The following Pokémon return to their Trainer:
Home video releases
North American DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Adventures in Unova and Beyond home video releases (Region 1)
- Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova (and Beyond) Set 1 (BW098-BW122)
- Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova (and Beyond) Set 2 (BW123-BW142)
Australian DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Adventures in Unova and Beyond home video releases (Region 4)
- This is the only dub season in which Ash does not obtain any Gym Badges or Frontier Symbols. He only participates in the Pokémon League Conference.
- This is the only season to have more than one official title.
In other languages