From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Zinzolin (Japanese: ヴィオ Vio) is one of the Seven Sages of Team Plasma.
In the games
In Pokémon Black and White, Zinzolin first appears in the Cold Storage with other Team Plasma Grunts, who were planning something. During that time, he had complained about the cold and when the player and Cheren appeared, he ordered the grunts to drive them away. When they failed, Clay and several Workers arrived and arrested him and the Grunts. Later, in Driftveil City, Ghetsis came and forced Clay to release them. At N's Castle, he and the other sages (except Ghetsis) appeared to block the player's way to N. However, he and the other sages were confronted by the Gym Leaders of the Unova League (except Cilan, Chili and Cress), who held up the sages to allow the player to pass.
After defeating Ghetsis, Zinzolin can be found at the Cold Storage. He remarks on how odd the player is and tells the player about his thoughts, then gives the player TM01 (Hone Claws). When Looker arrives to arrest him, he goes willingly.
Zinzolin reappears as a major antagonist in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. He has joined the new Team Plasma formed by Ghetsis and now acts as one of the group's public leaders, along with Colress. Though he appears several times, usually when the player has major confrontations with Team Plasma, Zinzolin is not fought until the player reaches Lacunosa Town. He confronts the player after Team Plasma uses the Plasma Frigate and Kyurem to freeze Opelucid City. He is also seen in the Giant Chasm leading Ghetsis's forces against Rood and several members of the original Team Plasma opposing them.
After the player enters the Hall of Fame and defeats Hugh in Undella Town, Zinzolin appears there, dressed in new set of robes. He expresses remorse for his actions and gives the player books of Ghetsis's research that allow translation of the messages in the Abyssal Ruins. He will give the player a Big Pearl upon returning from the end of the Abyssal Ruins, and depart.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing Challenge Mode levels and Pokémon (if they differ).
Pokémon Black and White
At the Cold Storage
- "All of you--huddle around me! I can't take this cold..."
- "Pokémon are our king's friends. While we're taking care of them, we can't let any harm come to them here. Everyone, drive these intruders away!"
At Driftveil City
- "Ghetsis... Thank you very much..."
At N's Castle
- "There are not two suns in the sky, nor two sovereigns over the people."
- "It is the way of the universe to take from excess and fill emptiness. Taking Pokémon from people is restoring balance to nature!"
At the Cold Storage
- "So, you returned? You're an odd Trainer. All right. I've got time enough to satisfy your curiosity."
- "...Breathing. Having a heart that beats. That is simple existence and nothing more for a living being. That may be the definition of living, but I don't think that defines life."
- "The experiences of joy and suffering are a vital part of being alive. Ghetsis gave me the sensation of being truly alive... What did he mean to accomplish? That isn't what's important."
- "Right now, I'm shivering. I'm suffering, but I'm alive."
- "Pokémon and people live by being together and relying on one another. That might be how you feel. If that's so, is it necessary to separate people and Pokémon? By talking to you, I've discovered that there's much I need to think about... I wish I had more to give you in thanks... Here, take this."
- "My lord N said that he wanted to make Pokémon perfect... But, even if the relationship between Pokémon and people stayed as it now is, Pokémon can aspire to perfection..."
- "It's too cold and I'm already tired of shivering in here. If you'll give me some time to think, I'll tell you what I know. So...take me with you."
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
- "What is going on?"
- "YOU! Once again, we will use the legendary Dragon-type Pokémon and we will rule the Unova region! Curious Trainers, we shall not let you run around as you please!"
- "Shadow Triad! Get them out of here!"
- "I know! But kick them out of here now!"
- "Oh, for crying out loud… This is troublesome indeed, my curious Trainers. Perhaps I should satiate your curiosity somewhat. The reason I am still part of Team Plasma is this: I want to know how the world will change. Listen. Pokémon are nature. Poké Balls are civilization. Humans who are used to civilization don't relinquish it easily. Of course, both nature and civilization are important. But what will happen to a world taken over by Team Plasma? People will be forced to throw out Poké Balls--a product of civilization. I want to know what that looks like! And I want to enjoy it!"
- "That pressure I felt from you just now… What was that?!"
- "These Trainers remind me of that one from two years ago. More important, we must continue our search. Like that scientist said, it might be in Opelucid City! We'll play with you again later!"
- "I don't think that's going to work."
- "It's bitter cold. I'm shivering. I'm suffering, but I'm alive! It's what the essence of life feels like! It's proof of my existence! But that's enough of philosophy. Here are the facts for your admiration: This ice was specially created by Team Plasma's technology. As long as we have our secret weapon, you'll never be able to melt or break this ice! Let me explain our purpose here. Drayden, hand over the DNA Splicers! Opelucid City is a city where the past and the future are entwined. Could there be a more perfect place for the splicers that connect the separated Pokémon?"
- "Humph. That's what I thought you'd say. At this point, I'd like to threaten you with another volley of ice, but we can't use it for a moment… Sigh. It won't be enjoyable in this cold, but I guess we'll just search for them."
- "Oh, for crying out loud… I didn't expect to have to fight hampered by cold like this. Well, no matter! The fact that I'm shivering means I'm truly alive!"
- "Have you gotten even stronger than you were in Lacunosa Town? How, in such a brief amount of time…"
- "You're a strong Trainer. You definitely are adept at handling Pokémon. I believe I'll take my leave, simply because I can't stand this cold. But…imagine this… A Unova region…completely…covered…in…ice. To achieve that splendor, we'll do whatever it takes to obtain the DNA Splicers."
Plasma Frigate – Route 21
- "You're an impressive Trainer to have made it this far. Since you went to such trouble to come here, I'll show you something. This is… The legendary Pokémon of ice! Its name is Kyurem!"
- "The ice missiles we fired into Opelucid City were created with Kyurem's power and Team Plasma's technology! Well… You could become a threat to Team Plasma, so we will eliminate you here!"
- "Hmph! We'll simply eliminate both of you!"
- "The longer you live, the more opportunities for failure."
- "Hmph. You're a smarter Trainer than I expected. If you've got that much sense, why did you do something as dangerous as sneaking into our base?"
- "If it's just a Purrloin, someone probably stole it and is using it. Why can't you understand? There are other Purrloin. Why are you so fixated on this one?"
- "An individual's feelings… To you, that's probably a matter of great importance. But from the perspective of other people, it is a trifling matter indeed. Compare those feelings against the majesty of this ship! This ship itself is a device that uses the Pokémon Kyurem's power! With this ship, this time we will conquer Unova! It looks like Kyurem has fully recovered. We'll put the DNA Splicers to good use. I'll let you take care of them, Shadow Triad!"
- "The device is indestructible! You will never be able to release Kyurem! You don't have the sense to know when to quit, it seems. It's an act of mercy on my part to bring this to an end now!"
- "It is the same for anyone… As long as you are dreaming, the dream will never reveal itself to you."
- "Beaten again?! No matter! Team Plasma will get the last laugh!"
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Zinzolin first appeared in Letting Go along with the other sages. He later appeared in the Cold Storage with other Team Plasma Grunts and the Poké Balls they had stolen.
||French for "reddish purple".
||Possibly from "lilac".
||From viola. Italian for "violet".
||From menekşe. Turkish for "violet".
||Same as Japanese name.