From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Yancy (Japanese: ルリ Ruri), otherwise known under the screen name Nancy (Japanese: ルッコ Rukko), is a character that appears in Black 2 and White 2 if the player's gender is male. She is the female counterpart to Curtis.
In the games
Yancy is first encountered after Nate picks up the Dropped Item (Xtransceiver) in Nimbasa City. Upon obtaining the item, Yancy calls it and identifies herself as the owner of the lost Xtransceiver. However she is busy at work and is unable to retrieve it at the time, so she asks Nate to hold onto it until she is free from work.
Yancy will call her Xtransceiver when Nate is in specific locations around Unova. Yancy will slowly learn about the player through her initial nine calls. What she learns about Nate is based on what the player answered in the Passerby Analytics HQ surveys in Castelia City. At the tenth call, Yancy would inform the player that she is finally free from work and would like to retrieve her Xtransceiver back in Nimbasa City. It is here that Yancy meets Nate for the first time as her initial calls were audio only so neither knew what each other looked like. She gratefully takes her Xtransceiver back and exchanges numbers with Nate as she wishes to talk to him more.
After returning her Xtransceiver Nate can call Yancy occasionally as long as they are anywhere in the 15 areas that she calls Nate initially and as long as she is available. Nate can even call multiple times while in the same area. Her eleventh through nineteenth calls, Yancy tells Nate more about herself. Calls twenty through twenty-nine, Yancy will ask Nate for advice or opinions about things. After the thirtieth call, Yancy will ask the player to ride at the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel with her. After the fiftieth call, the player can review Yancy's occupation and trade Pokémon with her. Pokémon traded from her have Hidden Abilities, are at level 50, and have no predetermined nature. It is possible to receive multiples of the same species.
Yancy, as Nancy, appears in various television shows as a celebrity idol.
Yancy will automatically call the player on any one of fifteen specific spots. They can only be triggered once.
- Nimbasa City (behind the Battle Institute)
- Driftveil City (on hill, below the Worker guarding the Clay Tunnel entrance)
- Lentimas Town (behind the house towards the hill with the Fire Stone)
- Mistralton City (on the southern half of the runway, in the middle)
- Undella Town (South west corner, up the stairs and between the two boulders.)
- Lacunosa Town (Under the bridge in the center of town.)
- Route 5 (on the other side of the southern fence, towards the Hyper Potion)
- Route 6 (just above the two shortcut ledges on the south end of the route, east side of the stream)
- Route 7 (between the breeder and the southern house, on the pathway)
- Route 9 (At the left of the Commercial Center, near the L-like bush.)
- Route 11 (In front of the truck.)
- Route 12 (On the highest hill, down-left most square.)
- Route 13 (On the south-east, to the far right of the running Ace Trainer.)
- Route 14 (On the patch of land to the left at the top of a waterfall.)
- Route 16 (west side of the route, south of the Depot Agent and north of the male Cyclist)
Traded to the player
Yancy will trade Nate a different Pokémon each day following by these order.
- "Um… hello?
- "Yes. That's right. I'm the owner of that Xtransceiver. I'm using an old Xtransceiver right now, so it's audio only. Sorry."
- "Thank you for finding it. Truth is, I want to come pick it up right away, but… Right now I'm very busy with work, and I'm not in a place where I can stop and come get it. If you don't mind, could you hang on to it for a little bit?"
- "Really? You don't mind? Thank you so much. My name's Na… Er… sorry… Yancy. And you are?"
- "<Player>? OK. When work calms down, I'll come pick it up, so please take care of it for me! Also… I'm sure you'll want to keep in touch until I can pick up my Xtransceiver. So I'll call your Xtransceiver often. Bye, then. Thanks again."
- "Hi… Is this <player>? Wow, so you're a boy, <player>? It's a little annoying that we can't see each other, right? Just so you know… I'm a girl. Tee hee. Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi… Is this <player>? <selected hobby> is your hobby, <player>? I see. That sounds kind of fun. Maybe I should take it up, too. Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Really? So you like <selected type> Pokémon? Many of them are cute aren't they? Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Really? So you listen to music often, <player>? <Selected music>, did you say? I like music, too. It makes me smile just listening to it. Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Really? <selected Pokémon kind> Pokémon are your favorite, <player>? <Selected Pokémon Kind> Pokémon are quite popular among many of my friends, too! Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Really? <Selected activity> is your way of spending the holiday? I wouldn't have guessed that, <player>. Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Really? <Selected choice>? Do you do those often? Can we do that when we have a chance to? <Selected choice>? Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Really? <Selected choice>is what you want to become, <player>? I think it's wonderful for anyone to have a dream. I must work hard, too. Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? Great, <player>! You have <number of current badges>, you are a tough trainer, aren't you? Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye."
- "Hi... Is this <player>? I am off today, so I was thinking I could pick up my Xtransceiver. The one you've been keeping for me... Are you busy, <player>? Really? You aren't? Good. Can we meet at the Ferris wheel in Nimbasa City? I'm looking forward to seeing you there, <player>. Good-bye."
- "No! I'm not who you think!"
- "What? You're <player>? I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone else. Well, uh...It's nice to meet you. I'm Yancy! You were different than I imagined, so I was a little surprised. Ah ha ha..."
- "I suppose so! We can just talk normally! Hee hee! <Xtransceiver returned to her>. Thank you, <player>. I'm sorry I couldn't find the time to pick it up earlier. But I really enjoyed talking with you, so maybe I was a little lucky! Ah ha ha..."
- "Um... If you don't mind can I still call you sometime? Phew. I was really scared you might say no. <Yancy's Reregistered in Xtranceiver>. Can I ask you one more thing? I called you on the Xtranceiver too often, and Ma... I mean one of my coworkers... Got really mad at me... So, <player>, could you call me?"
- "What? Really? Thanks... <Player>, you're really nice. Hee hee..."
- "I'm usually at work, and sometimes I have trouble picking up a signal... But I'd like it if you check your Xtranceiver often and give me a call... Ah ha ha! Well, I'll be heading home! Good-bye, <player>!"
Whenever Nate calls her
- "Ah, <player>! Yeah I can talk right now. You know..."
- "Thank you for the other day! I was surprised you were my age! I was guessing you would be older by than me from your voice. It made me a little nervous on the Xtransceiver, you know? I'm kind of relieved that I can relax from now on when we talk. I should get back to work now. Talk to you later, <player>. Bye!"
- "My hobby is cooking. When I hear about good food, I go and check it out for myself."
- "Lately the Casteliacones in Castelia City are getting quite popular, so I’ve been wanting to try one..."
- "But there is a long line every time I go there, so I haven’t tried it yet."
- "Think I should get back to work now. Talk to you later, <player>. Bye!"
- "Time flies when I talk to you, <player. I must really be having a really good time! Ahaha!
- "Calls from you are always welcome, you know."
- "Think I should get back to work now. Talk to you later, <player>. Bye!"
- "Er...Umm...I am off today, so can we meet somewhere? You’ve been helping me a lot recently, so I’d love to thank you face-to-face!"
- "Really? You can? Great! Can we meet each other at the Ferris wheel? "
- "I’m...so looking forward to it, <player>! See you later.”"
- After the thirtieth call, Yancy will begin to blush when talking on the Xtranceiver.
|| ルリ Ruri
| Possibly 琉璃 ruri, lapis lazuli|
Similar to her real name. May also be from ルッコラ rucola, rocket plant.
| Rhymes with fancy.