From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Wizards Pokémon TCG Chat
sessions were discussions held by Wizards of the Coast
about the Pokémon Trading Card Game
and are similar to Bulbacast
project. They began January 20, 2000, and were, for the most part, held weekly thereafter. In these chats, non Wizards operators had to follow protocol when asking questions, which were typically about release dates, promotions, and rulings. The chats lasted until the final months of 2002, which is about the time Wizards lost the license and rights to the card game.
List of chats
|| Notes of discussion
|| January 20, 2000
- Base Set 2 is to be released in late February.
- Team Rocket should release in March.
- Base Set and Jungle will be in print until Base Set 2 is released, at which point they will be retired.
- The gym sets (Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge) are on schedule for release some time late this year (2000), but this is too far away to give any specifics.
- There are no deals worked out with Nintendo yet to release the Neo era cards.
|| January 27, 2000
|| February 3, 2000
- The reason for having both Rares and Rare Holos is because people wanted the ability to have rare cards that they could feel comfortable using, without worrying about damaging their expensive foil cards.
- Team Rocket and Base Set 2 are still on schedule: in addition, Team Rocket will have 1st edition cards while Base Set 2 will not.
|| February 10, 2000
- The gym sets and Neo cards still have the same status as before.
- Wizards Promo 7 will be released with the Pokémon: The First Movie Soundtrack.
- There are no plans to release exclusively English cards.
|| February 17, 2000
- Wizards Promo 6 is Arcanine.
- Base Set 2 will be the same as Base Set and Jungle, and will cause Base Set to be discontinued.
- Rocket and Gym sets to be out within the year-no work has been done to any Neo sets.
- Gym sets will be divided into two expansions.