ウィー・ユー Wii U
The Deluxe Wii U console
First officially announced during the Electronic Entertainment Expo or E3 of 2011, the Wii U (previously referred to as Project Café) is the successor of the Wii and is backwards-compatible to all Wii games and controllers. Being somewhat a combination of the Wii and the Nintendo DS systems, the console features a 6.2-inch touch screen-capable controller equipped with a camera, called the Wii U Game Pad. In addition, the console is capable of playing games at 1080p with a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio. Its handheld counterpart is the Nintendo 3DS.
- Size: 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep, 6.8 inches long.
- Weight: Approximately 3.41 pounds (1.5 kg).
- CPU: IBM PowerⓇ-based multi-core processor.
- GPU: AMD Radeon™-based HD GPU.
- Storage: Internal flash memory.
- External Storage: SD memory cards, USB storage.
- Game Storage: Wii U and Wii optical discs.
- Networking: Wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection, USB 2.0 connectors ×4.
- Backwards Compatibility: Most Wii accessories and games are compatible with the Wii U.
- Audio: Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.
- Video: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI (3D stereoscopy supported), Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
- MiiVerse: allows communication with a community of Wii U owners
- Nintendo Network
- TV Remote: The Wii U GamePad can be used as a regular TV remote
- Near Field Communication (NFC): Can communicate wirelessly with objects above it.
- Nintendo eShop: "The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores." ~ Nintendo. eShop was also used in 3DS.
- Video Entertainment: Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube
- Video Chat: Uses front-facing camera of GamePad to have video chats with other Wii U owners.
- Internet Browsing
All releases listed are the year in which the Japanese version was released.
Nintendo eShop games
|Pokémon Scramble U||Action RPG||2013||TBA|
Via backwards compatibility
The Wii U can be used to play games playable in the Wii.
|Pokémon Battle Revolution||Battle simulation||2006|
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl||Versus fighting||2008|
|PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure||Action-adventure||2009|
|PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond||Action-adventure||2011|
|Game systems with Pokémon games|
|GB (Pocket • GBL • SGB • SGB2) • GBC • mini • GBA (SP • GBm • GBP) • DS (Lite • DSi • DSi XL) • 3DS (XL • 2DS • New 3DS • New 3DS XL)|
|SNES (BS-X • SGB • NP • SGB2) • N64 (DD) • GCN (GBP) • Wii • Wii U|
|Pico • Beena|