From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about an object in the Pokémon games. You may be looking for a Pokémon Trading Card Game collection, the Vending Machine cards.
A vending machine is an object in the Pokémon games used to sell drinks. Vending machines are found:
- On 6F at the Celadon Department Store (Generation I, Generation II, FireRed and LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver)
- On 6F at the Goldenrod Department Store (Generation II, HeartGold and SoulSilver)
- On 6F at the Lilycove Department Store (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald)
- In a corner in The Under (Pokémon Colosseum)
- Outside ONBS (Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)
- On 5F of the Veilstone Department Store (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum)
- In Castelia City, Route 4, Nimbasa City, Battle Subway, Cold Storage, Twist Mountain, Route 9, Shopping Mall Nine, Opelucid City, Route 15, Lacunosa Town, and Village Bridge (Generation V)
At the Pokéathlon Dome, drinks can be bought from the vending machine with Athlete points as well as .
- Although vending machines are listed as dropping a can of the drink in question regardless of game and generation, the item minisprites depict only Lemonade coming in a can. Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Moomoo Milk are depicted as bottles in their item minisprites, even if bought through a vending machine which says it drops a can.
- In the Generation III, IV, and V games, when purchasing a drink, there is a slight chance that the player may also receive an extra drink for free. When this happens, the message "Score! An extra can of [item] dropped down!" or "Bonus! Another can of [item] dropped down." is displayed, depending on generation.
- Out of the items sold in the Department Store vending machines, Fresh Water is the best deal from a /HP comparison, at 4/HP. Soda Pop is the worst deal, at 5/HP, and Lemonade is in the middle, at 4.375/HP.