Welcome to Bulbapedia, Werdnae!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Werdnae/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! ----PAK Man Talk 05:45, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi. I couldn't hep but notice that you seem to have reverted my edits on Aron because I was using the plural tense when a group of that Pokémon was mentioned. Um, when referring to a group of things, you use plurals. I did that because the article didn't.
May I ask why you reverted? - unsigned comment from Noname4you (talk • contribs)
- It's because, there's no plural form for Pokémon species. ►Ҝəυzø8 10:37, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
*Apologies. I failed to notice your message at the top* ASecondOpinion1501 19:26, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, no worries. That is mainly just referring to when I post a comment on another user's talk page. Sometimes you see one user's comments under a section header on the other's talk page, and the other user posts all their comments on the first user's talk page, so there is only half of the conversation on each page, making it harder to follow. When referring to talk pages for mainspace pages it doesn't matter so much (in my opinion), as the conversation at least tends to stay in chunks.
- In response to your question, I'm not sure, but for the wiki you replace the page with "#redirect [[page name]]" (without quotes) Werdnae (talk) 21:02, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
I really appreciate your help compiling the list of responses! One thing, though - could you double-check Rotom? It seems we have it in the 'Tough, Footprints' category, while Rotom doesn't have footprints, which seems a little strange. Just wanted to check if was a mistake or an oddity of the game. Thanks again! Bikini Miltank 12:02, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- Oops, sorry, I made a mistake. Rotom definitely has no footprints. Having a quick look through the list and it seems that is the only mistake. I think it was the way I recorded them before editing your page all in one go. I recorded them as Pokémon: Category, F/NF, so I must have missed the N when I put Rotom in. Werdnae (talk) 00:33, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
Oh, I see; thank you for that help. I was trying to use HTML tags to get the words italicized. Dark Boye 21:44, 31 October 2009 (UTC)