User talk:Politoed666/Archive 4
| Message of the Day/Week/Whatever|
Well, the "Requests for Work" thing didn't go so well, so I got rid of it. And right now, I'm a little less active because I'm working behind the scenes on some other stuff, but I'm online for awhile everyday... I'm just not visibly editing much. I'll try to update again ASAP.
i put this picture on AG 171
- I'd say go for it, provided you start signing your comments and using better grammar/punctuation. --ニョロトノ666 23:20, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
CAN I PUT THIS PICTURE ON
- It's definetly sharp--RexRacer -talk 23:36, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
i put this picture on an alternate dimension
- Srsly. Are you reading what I put up there? png, not jpg. Yeah, you're not reading nor you are interested. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 23:48, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
01010011 01101111 00101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101110 01110100 01110010 01101111 01101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000010 01110101 01101100 01100010 01100001 01000010 01101111 01110100 00111111 GuyNamedSean 21:21, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Oh... No, I don't control it, persay, but it's my good friend. I felt the need to stand up for it. --ニョロトノ666 21:25, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
01001001 01100110 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101111 01100100 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101001 01100101 01101110 01100100 00101100 00100000 01110111 01101000 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 00100010 01000010 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 01100100 01000010 01101111 01110100 00100010 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110111 01100001 01111001 00100000 01101001 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100110 01101111 01110010 01100101 00111111♥Chocolate (Merry Christmas!) 21:27 12/22/2008
Disambiguated Pokémon Special characters
"Also, only link to an article once within a given portion of text; if you say "Ash" more than once in a paragraph, only link it the first time." – From the MoS. ♥Chocolate (Merry Christmas!) 23:46 12/22/2008
- That's ridiculous. I'll talk to TTE about that. --ニョロトノ666 23:50, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- What's so ridiculous about that? Usually the people read the thing from the beginning to the end, and they get the link since it's there once. It also makes the page smaller in size and easier to read since not every second word is blue and every other black. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 23:54, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- That's ridiculous. I'll talk to TTE about that. --ニョロトノ666 23:50, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
I find the fact that you see the entire "atheism" page funny very offensive. All I have to say. Kiryu 23:57, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Dunno what the hell you're talking about. Are you from Conservapedia? --ニョロトノ666 23:58, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- No, I'm an atheist. Kiryu 23:59, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize at first that it was conservapedia... I really need to start reading things through. Kiryu 00:05, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm thankful it's Mav and no longer Moldy... MaverickNate 03:09, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
Heya, Politoed666. Thanks for the complement on Swift Empoleon. I'll work on the article, I only did it quickly at the start. It will making it as good a Queendom, maybe even better. lol n00bs -- Clarky13 01:05, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
How is 5 a sheer number of uncategorized pages on Conservapedia? Yeah, I'm a Christian, but I don't really care about websites like that. Still, that isn't much. I just don't see how it's funny. R.A. Hunter B. 18:19, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- Feel free to edit it, either of you, if you feel it's not quite what you're looking for. That goes for all users, btw, if anyone is reading this and is interested. — THE TROM — 04:23, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
About the rename...
Can the main characters be moved-protected to sysop? I think it is within reason to do this so that some vandal doesn't come along and move them. Main characters, as well various other things need proper move protection. I can think of the following to be move-protected as well: Items, Poké balls, Pokémon disambiguation pages, and the game articles. --Bulbapedian - Talk 23:12, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
I am new to bulbapedia so sorry for going past the limit. :( --Landfish7 23:43, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
I know how that can feel. I used to be on wikipedia, (By the way im now inactive on wikipedia and i was anfish then) and people who ignore warnings get temporary or permanent ban. ;) --Landfish7 23:48, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
In order to keep our Administrator list currently up-to-date, this is a generic "are you there" message.
You've been assumed as currently active and are already marked as such, but if you disagree with this, either edit the List of administrators to reflect your status (Active, Hiatus, Inactive), or reply here when you get the chance. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 16:11, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- He sent it to everyone just to make sure everyone was described however they wanted. MaverickNate 03:04, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I am an administrator of Pokemon Global, and one of my wiki editors, Jacobe, informs me that he has been banned from bulbapedia by you. He quotes the reason given for the ban as: "Because we just don't like you: Evidence of clear info transfer between our wiki and his. No can do.."
He claims that he does not transfer information from bulbapedia to his articles, and furthermore, under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 license under which all content in bulbapedia is governed, all content may be freely modified and redistributed under a similar license, of which our wiki is under. If you are indeed banning people for something which your license not only allows but encourages, this deeply concerns me. I would like some clarification over the reason for this ban, and I look forward to resolving this matter in a timely manner. --Fshy94 20:49, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hey there. Yes, I did ban Jacobe. And if he says he's not transferring information, he's a bit of a liar, as can be evidenced by what it says here. Additionally, yeah, you are free to take Bulbapedia content provided you attribute it to Bulbapedia. See the bold section here. Read the whole thing while you're at it. So, in essence, if you wanna take our content you oughta have a good size banner that says "HEY GUYS WE ESSENTIALLY RIPPED THIS FROM BULBAPEDIA" so you actually are abiding by the ANCSA 2.5 license. And I don't see the word "Bulbapedia" anywhere on your wiki. And just for good measure, what license exactly is your wiki under?
- And the "We just don't like you" reason is a common reason for blocking. We have "funny reasons" to choose from if we don't feel like putting "Other" but the offense doesn't fall into any real categories. So, the reason for the ban is that he even admitted to transferring content between wikis. He didn't even give credit, and we just don't like that. And, if I'm not mistaken, our license has nothing at all to say about whether I can or cannot ban people for any reason at all. Thanks. --ニョロトノ666 03:13, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for responding in a timely manner. He says that he misspoke when he wrote that, but at any rate, this feels like a rather trivial event. As for abiding to the ANCSA license, looking around, our entire wiki team has failed to reference any sources properly, which is something that they may wish to...well, do (they're a bit green with wiki's). As for banners, that's not specified in the license, so I presume a simple reference would suffice, or an "External links" section, which seems to be the current policy in wikipedia. I agree that the license does not stipulate whether you can ban anyone for any reason you please, but that's a rather odd way of looking at it, no? Oh, and btw, we're also under ANCSA(3.0 with us). I understand that some of the reason for the hostility may be due to a feeling that our wiki competes with yours; but that's not quite the case, we merely wish to have a reference of information related to our game, as some of that information clearly isn't relevant to bulbapedia's purpose. At any rate, while your banning or unbanning Jacobe matters little, I think it'd be a gesture of good faith, as I highly doubt Jacobe intentionally or maliciously broke your policy. --Fshy94 06:30, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Alright. I understand. I apologize for being harsh earlier, and I appreciate your diplomacy through the ordeal. I will unblock Jacobe as a gesture of good faith provided you agree to cite Bulbapedia as a reference when creating the article. As opposed to simply linking to us in your external links section, it would be appreciated if you would create an additional section titled "references" and link to us there. Thank you. --ニョロトノ666 03:09, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Many thanks. I will inform the wiki team to do just that, and I appreciate your diplomacy as well. I'll walk my wiki team through proper referencing technique as well, and I look forward to working with you guys in the future. --Fshy94 23:06, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Has been taken care of, via Nate. Thanks anyway Poli. — THE TROM — 00:09, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
It's 5-2, the majority can see it, even you can see it. I think you should go with what consensus says instead of just using your powers to spite people. Come on Poli, you seem kinda down today, like on Aim, you just seemed kinda upset about something.
It's clear what the puddles are, the creators put thought into them, that's fact, and many can see that's what they are. It's not speculation, it's common sense. You can see it with your eyes. Super-Max 22:20, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'll start a forum poll. If your side wins, we MIGHT keep it. If TTE says no, we absolutely do NOT keep it. Aaaaaand... no, I'm not upset about anything. Not anything except this bull, though. It annoys me. But I'm not especially angry with any of you. --ニョロトノ666 22:22, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
No one uses the forum polls, I already sent an offline IM to TTE asking what he thinks, can't we just say, let him decide? oh and come back on aim, I wanted a regular chat. Super-Max 22:25, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- Don't wanna come on AIM right now. I'll be back on in a little bit. And oh yes, people use the forum polls. --ニョロトノ666 22:35, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Left a response on my talk page.
- Checking all the time isn't exactly contributing anything. You have to actually do something. I usually find little things to do. Rules are is that you have to be a frequent editor. --ケンジのガール 03:29, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Now it's mostly just little things though, that's the thing. Be it really minor additions or fixes to otherwise comprehensive articles, placement of a new tag I've never seen on an existing template, all I see in the recent changes lately are tweaks and small things. There is one big article I had been working on that's incomplete, and I still want to keep going along at it, but otherwise I just don't see anything except if it's big breaking news, and half the time others have done it already. ~Toastypk - Loom. 03:45, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
I would like to be the leader of this project. I came to know that you were among the persons to go to in this regard from this page. What do I have to do in this regard to become a project leader of this project?--Sher-e-Bengal- 13:16, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- I would like a quick response from you about this. I have a few plans about the improvement of this project and I would like to act fast.--Sher-e-Bengal- 10:02, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Thank u Poli, if u mean it. And regarding the administratorship nominee usertag, well, if u haven't noticed, I haven't had much time to update that page. And I do know one thing: that tag ain't goin on my page at least until you current administrators move onto better things--KukiTalk 16:29, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
"There are legitimate reasons for creating new accounts when you already have one, for example, if you wish to be dissociated from your past. In these cases, there is no need to obtain permission, however, you must stop using your old account as soon as possible."
- Directly quoted from Bulbapedia:Blocking policy.
- Approved by both Zhen Lin and evkl, who both top you in power. MaverickNate 04:18, 28 February 2009 (UTC)