Welcome to Bulbapedia, Gywall!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Gywall/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!--Shiningpikablu252 15:30, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Those instructions, such as holding shift made me laugh. I also have access to é through a non-alt keystroke. (En-UK layout). :P Gywall 15:41, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- Some people just don't get that Pokémon is not spelled pokemon. TTEchidna 10:29, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- True. I instinctively type it Pokémon even to someone who sees any é as an I. Or into some searches which show no results as it's listed without the accent. Gywall(Talk) 10:36, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
well done on your results, although my IP is blocked I can still see what you post through Proxys. So i saw everything, WELL DONE, cept the one you failed, but oh well, like u said it was voluntary! SO well done, you should be proud. --Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 12:28, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- It proves, you do not need to do any revision or studying to pass an exam. Gywall(Talk) 14:00, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
DONT USE TALK PAGES! TALK TO ME ON
THE TALE OF 2 FAVOURS
1) please talk to me on Aim, unignore me, if I do start to get annoying during a convo then just tell me and Ill stop. please Gywall I really miss talking to you, please.
2) can you tell me the name of the flash cart you use and whether or not it is on Amazon,
- 1. I unignore as I please.
- 1.1 I also leave it like that longer if you ask
- 2. EzFlash. I dunno if it's on Amazon. Gywall(Talk) 20:16, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
please dont ignore me. I dont know how much longer Im even gonna be. I did nothiing to you and youve put me on ignore and runaway from me whenever, I havent had a chance to talk to you about anything. Forget IPGL, I just want to chat and be friends, for however little time is left. --Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 10:14, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
Um actually I have made my own tier list.
If this site wanted to use it, I'd be more than happy.
But if we have to stick with theirs, looks like we have to try get that changed instead.