Before leaving a message:
- Start a new section by clicking this link.
- Keep the conversation in one page. If I sent a message on your page, don't reply here.
- If I reverted your edit, read the edit summary. If I didn't write an edit summary, the reason for reverting your edits should be obvious.
- Use English or Finnish.
- I'm a Senior Administrator. Check here what I can and cannot do.
- I don't make edits, upload files, or have any powers on Bulbagarden Archives.
- Give me a little time to reply unless you are a staff member who can answer the question better than I.
Lady Ariel is showing herself determined to undo my fixes for the roundy bits of the table in the Items in each Hidden Grotto section on the Hidden Grotto page. (I also forgot that other tables on that page need the same fixes, but I'd expect to encounter the same resistance if I try to fix those right now.) Without the changes I made, the roundy templates (Template:roundytl, etc.) end up having no effect whatsoever on the table; you can take out those templates/styles and the table looks exactly the same. In order for them to work, the row cannot have a background color style, and the cells must each have it instead. If you look carefully at the tables in the before and after revisions, you can see that the corners are actually round in the before version with my edits.
Can you impress on Lady Ariel that she has no call to undo those fixes of mine? ...Or am I somehow not as right as I think? Tiddlywinks (talk) 17:20, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Looks like you're right there. Your version is visually the correct one, and it's not like the extra ~250 bytes cause some issues. So I think you can add it back. If Ariel still disagrees, she should take part in the discussion.--電禅Den Zen 17:39, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- The corners are identical in both versions (using Safari and Chrome). It is possible to have the background color set for the entire row and have rounded corners for individual cells. In addition I changed the color scheme of the tables. The actual edit I just did is here, which makes the table borders less blocky (similar background and border colors in the old versions) and removes unnecessary coding. Also the way I re-coded those few cells is how a majority of tables are coded on Bulbapedia. Should I take pictures of the corners of the cells and provide them or should it be reverted to my recent edit? Lady Ariel 19:26, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Looking at your revision in Chromium, I now see why you've been undoing my changes. The problem is, in Firefox, my changes actually do change the way the tables display.
- As I mentioned when I reverted it, you're entirely welcome to redo any of the changes that don't affect the roundy fixes (as above: each cell in a roundy row has to have its own background color, and the row cannot have a background color); I just didn't have the patience to sort out your new changes from the roundy stuff myself, or redo the roundy stuff. Tiddlywinks (talk) 19:38, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- It is like to the colspan issue with tables, which is caused when a table has a number set for colspan that is greater than the number of columns some browsers display a gap and others don't. I will go ahead and change the tables then (leaving the roundy now that we know it is a browser issue). However, finding the countless number of tables that use the coding I used on the Hidden Grotto page won't be easy. Lady Ariel 19:55, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- If you mean finding those "countless numbers of tables" to fix the roundy stuff, I don't expect to or even intend to try. I just fix whatever I happen to notice (and manage to care about that moment). Tiddlywinks (talk) 20:10, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Having a "countless*" number of things to fix isn't supposed to be a deterrent from completing a task that need to be finished. It is more a reason to change something you see is wrong when you see it, because otherwise, it may not be found again for a long while. MaverickNate 21:06, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
Page without category
Since a user has created a page about roller-shake tricks, will you either add a category or delete the page? Cinday123 (Talk) 02:05, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Can I get permission to move this sub page of an user into the mainspace or you do it for it? --Cinday123 (Talk) 09:13, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
- It's not just up to me. It should be discussed here first.--電禅Den Zen 12:42, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
Silcoon and Cascoon
Both of them having the same base stats, type, learnset and Ability all seem rather obvious with them being counterparts in the same evolutionary family. Metapod and Kakuna also have the same base stat total, learnset and Ability (and share at least one type, since Kakuna is dual Bug/Poison). Seems to me, the trivia should be combined, but with the shared species trivia being uniform throughout all the species' pages, I'm not sure if it should be merged, a separate trivia point, or a subsequent trivia point. What say you? Glik (talk) 15:06, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
- It's not that obvious considering that Beautifly and Dustox don't have any of those similarities. The species name should stay separate since Silcoon and Cascoon have more in common with each other than with Metapod or Kakuna.--電禅Den Zen 17:02, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
Umm...Do you also think that this does not fit here as it was undone by user Glik, I personally think that this trivia is ABSOLutely correct. - unsigned comment from Viv (talk • contribs)
- Almost every Pokémon with Super Luck can do the same thing. It's correct, but not notable.--電禅Den Zen 15:46, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, got it!.--Viv (talk) 12:26, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
I was wondering if the amount of time on the ban increases with each consecutive ban?
Also on the ban notice it tells me to write on your page to discuss the ban with you, but isn't that redundent since I can't edit/talk on your page while I'm banned? I had to wait till the ban was over, but I just joined today so I'm probably just missing something! I look forward to hearing back from you.
Nicodeamus (talk) 19:34, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, I can't believe I overlooked the Gen used in the Learnsets. I appreciate your timely response and I'm correcting my errors now.
Nicodeamus (talk) 20:09, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
I saw Diancie's stats in here (on the lowermost part of the page). Can I write them on Diancie's page? --Blinx9999guizar (talk) 23:26, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
- Serebii (or other fansites) should never be used as a source. If you can get a Diancie yourself and determine its base stats reliably, then they can be added.--電禅Den Zen 23:30, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
- Then OK, I guess... --Blinx9999guizar (talk) 23:41, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
Fur Coat and Psyshock
As we know, Furfrou's signature Ability, Fur Coat, halves the damage taken from Physical moves. But there seems to be a little confusion at the page does this affect the damage taken from Special moves that inflict Physical damage, such as Psyshock and Secret Sword. I don't know the answer myself, nor am I able to research it effectively, so I decided to ask someone else, and since I trust you as a fellow Bulbapedia user and Finn, I decided to try and ask you if you know the answer. If not, that's fine. I'll just have to ask someone else in that case. Whichever way it goes, thank you in advance. :) --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 15:10, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
Wonder Guard blocks OHKOs??
I'm rather skeptical that the Wonder Guard Ability actually blocks OHKOs just like Sturdy does. I'm under the impression that the only reason OHKOs don't work on Shedinja is because Shedinja simply isn't weak to any of Normal, Ground, or Ice. To test this, it might be necessary to either hack or do some fancy stuff with Trace/Reflect Type/blah to get, say, an Electric-type with Wonder Guard, and see if it's still immune to Fissure. If Fissure can hit an Electric-type with Wonder Guard, then Wonder Guard does not inherently block OHKOs; it's simply blocking them since they aren't normally super effective. As far as I know, there is no easy way to pull off such a test, save hacking. Blueapple128 (talk) 02:55, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
I know to preview my page first before saving it. But the glitch I kept encountering on the page in question would only appear after I saved it. I would preview the page, everything looked okay, and then saved it only to find that odd garbled code at the end.
-- unsigned comment from TBustah (talk • contribs)
What should I do?
If opinions aren't allowed, I'm trying to make mainspace edits, but I don't have any important factual information, so I'm not sure what to do. -- unsigned comment from YoshiDino90 (talk • contribs)
- There are thousands of stubs and articles needing more information, hundreds of articles needing improvement and lots of pages with typos or formatting mistakes. I'm pretty sure you'll find something.--電禅Den Zen 00:02, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Well I'm doing what I can, but most of the stuff is on Generation VI, which I'm not particularly fond of mainly because I only have the games up to Generation IV. -- unsigned comment from YoshiDino90 (talk • contribs)
Incorrect edit on your part (AG093)
I'm sorry to tell you that the edit of mine that you undid is actually correct. Your edit summary: "AG043 was the first completely accurate one" is completely irrelevant to what I actually posted. I posted that AG093 is the first episode to use the new and more accurate Pokémon Trainer's Choice. This is correct and backed up by the actual Trainer's Choice page which states:
In Pokémon: Advanced Battle, the creation of questions for Trainer's Choice was credited to Lawrence Neves and the accuracy rate greatly improved. During this season, the variety in the types of questions being asked expanded beyond simply type match-ups and evolutionary lines, as well as featuring more difficult questions.
As you should know by now, AG093 was the first episode of the Advanced Battle season and as a corollary, the first to contain the new Trainer's Choice by Lawrence Neves. I ask that you revert your edit to my post.
Yaminichi (talk) 02:38, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Shiny Pokémon edit: Smogon user says FS has increased shiny rate
Edit war-y stuff is supposed to be brought to staff, so I'd ask you* to once more revert/readd the point about increased shiny rate in the Friend Safari, as the back-and-forth reversions are on the brink of making an edit war. The Smogon user analyzed a very large set of data, so it should be something we can rely upon. (I might even suggest it be added as a reference note.) Tiddlywinks (talk) 12:40, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Reverted for obvious reasons.--電禅Den Zen 13:22, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Dennou Zenshi, I have a question, is Smogon a official website or a fan website? --Cinday123 (Talk) 04:45, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Of course it's a fansite. However, that doesn't mean its forums posts are never reliable.--電禅Den Zen 05:01, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- So the forums posts are reliable, right Dennou Zenshi? --Cinday123 (Talk) 05:04, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- As I said above, some can be reliable, but not all are.--電禅Den Zen 05:09, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I know Dennou Zenshi, I'll have to be careful next time about my edits. --Cinday123 (Talk) 05:18, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Have you watched this episode XY021? I think this is not just my speculation, but I am sure there are some other people would agree. - unsigned comment from Zhixun (talk • contribs)
Your comments make sense. I will stop editing that page then. Zhixun 11:25, 4 April 2014 (UTC).
I originally added AZ's Floette's gender as female because of her being an all-female species. I removed it as I found out in one of the revisions that an admin removed it and I wanted to play it safe to avoid getting yelled at. I do agree with you though about Floette being an all-female species, not like the legendary Pokémon in the anime (and possibly Pokémon Adventures) having genders even though their status is normally genderless. PattyMan 01:27, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I know why did you remove it. I guess Ataro just didn't remember Floette's gender ratio back in October or he removed it by mistake while removing the wrong image (as he's only talking about that in the summary).--電禅Den Zen 05:47, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
Version mascot (sprites and artwork)
I saw a user turning all generational sprites into artwork on the version mascot page, do you prefer generational sprites or artwork? --Cinday123 (Talk) 10:36, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- Since we don't have Gen VI sprites for Xerneas and Yveltal, I think it's better to use artwork to keep things consistent. As a completely unrelated note, you have pretty nice predictions, but Mega Pokémon cannot use Magician, Water Absorb Mega Azumarill is just weaker than Huge Power Azumarill, and Insomnia Mega Slaking is too broken.--電禅Den Zen 10:52, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
Type/stat superlative trivia
If the type pages aren't the place for it, is there anything we can do to cut down on the massive waste of space these trivia comprise? Perhaps mainspacing User:Pumpkinking0192/Pokémon with the highest base stats of their type would be an acceptable substitute for having the trivia sprawled across 120+ separate pages? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 23:20, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- (For the record, in addition to my concern about the space-wasting nature of these trivia, there's also the fact that 120+ pages is simply impossible to manage with any reasonable amount of fact-checking or new-generation upkeep. For instance, just among the three types I got through, Hawlucha hadn't had the trivium added to its page yet, and Pirouette Meloetta still had out-of-date Gen V trivia even though it was unseated by Mega Mewtwo X. It's just not feasible to have these trivia spread across so many pages.) Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 23:29, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- That's pretty good point, though your page isn't that much easier to keep up to date. Anyways, I think it's a good idea to mainspace the page whether we remove the trivia from the individual articles. Though I wonder why Megas that are beaten only by legendaries are omitted, for example Mega Abomasnow has the highest Attack and Special Attack of all non-legendary Ice types but isn't listed. Also, there should't be highest stat trivia that excludes both Megas and legendaries on individual pages, like Hawlucha having the highest Speed.--電禅Den Zen 00:20, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- It's in one place instead of 120+, which makes it 120+ times easier to keep up-to-date as long as someone remembers to do it. As for the page's content, are Megas-surpassed-by-legends the only group I should add to the table, or should I also add legends-surpassed-by-Megas? And should I remove normals-surpassed-by-legends/Megas altogether, or is that worth keeping in the table but not individual trivia sections? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 04:30, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- IMO we shouldn't give Megas any special treatment and just treat them as non-legendaries (or legendaries in case of Mewtwo and Latis when they're available). Some may argue that they're treated differently because of their high stats, but for example Slaking and pseudo-legendaries have higher bst than many Megas. So I think legends-surpassed-by-Megas and "normals"-surpassed-by-legends/Megas are not needed. But it's just my opinion and some users, including staff members, may disagree.--電禅Den Zen 09:54, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- I've updated my userspace article to match your request. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 17:58, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
Plainly speaking, what's notable and what's not? I present to you the Trivia section of Emboar's article, which thinks it's notable to say that Emboar has the highest HP but lowest Defense and Special Defense of all starters, is the heaviest and has the lowest BST of all final-evo Fire-type starters (a group with 6 members), and is the only final-evo Unova starter with a second type (a group with 3 members). Surely a line needs to be drawn. The only thing User:Force Fire/Trivia Policy/Species rules on is that Emboar's tie with Sceptile for lowest Defense isn't notable. —TheVeryBest 05:57, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
- I think trivia about fully evolved starters is notable only if it's not only about starters of certain region or primary type. And despite that page, at least ties in highest stats/BSTs are currently considered notable.--電禅Den Zen 06:54, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
There's an issue with the Twitch page. I can't add the ten most recent captures without there being a "template overload" or some sort, which messes up the bag contents. The bag contents can only be displayed without listing those ten captures.
Philosophical-Psychological Informist Togekiss (talk) 21:11, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
- I have moved the Platinum section to a subpage. Future TPP runs such as SoulSilver should be created as a subpage to avoid the same problem.--電禅Den Zen 21:29, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
- Just wan't to let you know I did send Pokemaster97 a message on AIM about this. He was going to discuss this with some more staff later. Also wouldn't it make the most sense to just have the Pokemon and items on a separate page and have the gameplay changes on the main page (for easy viewing)? And wouldn't it be better to have the current game on the main TPP article and have the older games on sub-pages (similar to how some of the old party templates for characters such as Blue are on sub-pages)? Lady Ariel 21:40, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, on another thought it makes more sense to have the current game info on main article since most people come to see information about that game. I really should've thought about that. I'll undo my edits and let's see what the other staff members think about this.--電禅Den Zen 21:52, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
- Given that the underlying problem is the bane of my existence (I've had too many run-ins with that category), this might be the most logical solution. Or, just have general information on the main page and have all games, even the current one, in subpages. Schiffy (瀬藤健二) (Talk Contribs) 21:59, 5/12/2014 (UTC)
Impossible Name Icon
What does that weird Gold Poké Ball on your name mean? Tag365 (talk) 12:27, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
- It's not impossible or weird, it means I'm a senior admin. You can see all icons and their meaning on the right side of recent changes.--電禅Den Zen 12:40, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
Writing Myths as a Section
As many hardcore Pokémon fans know, myths make up a huge part of the fandom. Myths about Pokémon, people, the past, the Great Pokémon War- plenty of myths for each and every one of those topics, Lavender Town being the largest myth generator of them all. Does adding myths as their own section make sense? Perhaps with or after the Trivia? Myths may be exactly what they are - myths, but are a huge part of the Pokémon universe, sometimes eclipsing the thing it's about. I'm a newbie, and, at the time of writing, I've only joined yesterday. Please answer my question. ---TongueTwisted (talk) 21:38, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
- Fan-created myths and stories don't really belong to this wiki, we focus on canon information. There would just be edits wars over which myths are "right" and what myths can/cannot be added. Notable expections are Lavender Town and Vermilion truck, which have brief mentions on the trivia sections about their influence on fan myths.--電禅Den Zen 21:58, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
Please help me figure this out?
Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the values Rare Soda, Ultra Rare Soda and Colurful Shakes add to a Pokémon's friendship.
As you know, I am not good with math as stated multiple times, and I remember you said you were a Math Major.
I used various lv 1 Eevee in the experiment, but that shouldn't hold any real baring on the results.
37 rare candies = evolution at lv 38
colorful shake (2,200) + 29 rare candies = Evolution at lv 30
colorful shake (2,200) + blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Cheri Berry) + 21 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 22
colorful shake (2,200) + blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Chilan Berry) + 18 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 19
colorful shake (2,200) + blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Roseli Berry) + 18 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 19
colorful shake (2,200) + blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Ganlon Berry) + 18 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 19
blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Cheri Berry) + 28 rare candies = Evolution at lv 29
blended colorful shake (Cheri Berry + Chilan Berry) + 31 rare candies = Evolution at lv 32
blended colorful shake (Chesto Berry + Chople Berry) + 31 rare candies = Evolution at lv 32
blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Chilan Berry) + 25 rare candies = Evolution at lv 26
blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Roseli Berry) + 25 rare candies = Evolution at lv 26
blended colorful shake (Starf Berry + Ganlon Berry) + 25 rare candies = Evolution at lv 26
colorful shake (3,000) + 27 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 28
colorful shake (3,000) + Rare Soda (3 lvs) + 25 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 29
colorful shake (3,000) + Ultra Rare Soda (5 lvs) + 25 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 31
colorful shake (3,400) + 25 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 26
Rare Sode (3 lvs) + 35 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 39
Ultra Rare Sode (5 lvs) + 35 Rare Candies = Evolution at lv 41
Ultra Rare Soda (5 lvs) + Rare Soda (3 lvs) + 34 rare candies = Evolution at lv 43
Ultra Rare Soda (5 lvs) + Rare Soda (3 lvs) + 24 rare candies given at place met/hatched = Evolution at lv 33
I know Eevee has a base friendship value of 70 and evolves with max friendship, but every time I try to do the math, I over shoot the limit friendship stops growing. So given this small amount of data, can you please help me figure out the (rough) values of Rare Soda, Ultra Rare Soda and Colurful Shake? Yamitora1 (talk) 19:43, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- Wow, that'd require lots of work and honestly, I'm pretty lazy. Even though it requires lots of Flying, wouldn't it be easier by checking how many drinks you need to get the "It's a little bit friendly to you… Something like that." (100+) rating from the friendship rater.--電禅Den Zen 20:13, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- I think we're on two different pages here?
- This shouldn't require any flying at all, just math which I am not good with.
- I know that Rare candies gives a Pokémon +5 until it reaches 100 value of friendship. they also gain +5 for each level they go up until their friendship value is 100 as well. Between values 100-199 it only increases +3 for every vitamin and lv up, then +2 when the friendship value hits 200 up until the max value at 255.
- A Eevee starts with its friendship at 70, and 37 rare candies max out friendship and induce the evolution to Espeon or Umbreon depending on time of day.
- If I am correct, 1 rare candy alone should raise Eevee's friendship from 70 to 80. 2 rare candies will get you to 90. Then when it's at a value of 99 it only increases by 3 instead of 5.
- If you give the Eevee a Colorful Shake that cost 2.200 Pokédollars, instead of 37 rare candies by themselves, you only need 29 rare candies to get Eevee to try and evolve. That means the Colorful shake is about the same value as 8 rare candies/lv ups. That is something like 35-36 value or something like that.
- The work has been done, its just the math that is being tricky, at least for me. Yamitora1 (talk) 20:46, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
Ok, I went to the friendship rater and did some test with an lv 1 Eevee of the GTS
Base Friendship of 70 + 6 rare candies = 100~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + 23 rare candies = 150~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Colorful Shake (3,000) = 100~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Colorful Shake (3,000) + 17 Rare Candies = 150~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Rare Soda (3lvs boost) = 70-89
Base Friendship of 70 + Rare Soda (3lvs boost) + 5 Rare Candies = 100~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Rare Soda (3lvs boost) + 21 Rare Candies = 150~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Rare Soda (3lvs boost) + 38 Rare Candies = 200~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Ultra Rare Soda (3lvs boost) = 70-89
Base Friendship of 70 + Ultra Rare Soda (3lvs boost) + 6 Rare Candies = 100~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Rare Soda (3lvs boost) + 22 Rare Candies = 150~ Friendship
Base Friendship of 70 + Rare Soda (3lvs boost) + 38 Rare Candies = 200~ Friendship
So it would seem that the Colorful Shake that costs 3,000 pokedollars is likely 30 points of friendship.
Rare Soda seems to be worth the same a 1 rare candy it seem. However it looks like judging from all the data...the Ultra Rare Soda takes away friendship or doesn't give as much friendship as Rare soda? Yamitora1 (talk) 00:48, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
Eevee Evolution Box Template issue
On the Eevee Article, the Evolution box lists ♥♥+Fairy-type instead of ♥♥ + Fairy type move or the TM Icon of Fairy type moves. Yamitora1 (talk) 02:58, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
I want to mention how you got rid of my triva for Electric type
Hi it's me Pokemonfansuper i thought it was important we mention that so players of the game who do monotype it's actually something that people do not sure if you know about it so i'll explain it you a player has team full of pokemon who share a common type mega evolutions can change type but charziard x can't be on monotype dragon team because it is a Fire Flying type. i thought it could be useful to them especially with magnezone. - unsigned comment from Pokemonfansuper (talk • contribs)
I have an idea would a section for how some logic for the weaknesses and strengths fit in be useful.
--Pokemonfansuper (talk) 18:23, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
i know i'm editting but how is it notable on ground but not on electric.
--Pokemonfansuper (talk) 18:25, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
- As a wiki we shouldn't really have metagame trivia like that in mainspace. Our readers should develop strategies by themselves by reading pure facts from articles. Also, please improve your grammar, especially punctuation and capitalization, your posts are pretty painful to read.--電禅Den Zen 18:58, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
You said that the Pidgey trivia needs more research, but exactly what kind of "research" do you mean? Personally, in the several times I've reset one of my games (and a little bit of SR'ing), I always encountered Pidgey at (as I recall) the 2nd step north into the grass and (I believe) it was always the same gender and level. Are you looking for some kind of "proof", or further information like I just mentioned...or what? Tiddlywinks (talk) 17:24, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I specifically wanted more information than just "it's always a Pidgey". What about its Nature and IVs? I think you can unhide the trivia if you reword it so that it lists all things about the encounter that are constant.--電禅Den Zen 17:45, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- For the record, it does not have a set nature or gender. IVs, iirc, has at least one 30, I believe. Kai * the Arc Toraph 18:06, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Need some help
Could you talk to LatS and the edits he is making on the Mega Sableye section on the Mega Evolution talk page because of they way he is doing it is improper. -Tyler53841 (talk) 21:24, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
- Some of these problems were from not signing his post, overwriting my edit when I used an unsigned tag and not making a separate section for later additions to that talk page. -Tyler53841 (talk) 21:30, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
- If (s)he keeps doing that, I'll notify him/her about it.--電禅Den Zen 21:46, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
Alternative Finnish names for certain terms
I found my old Crystal version manual just a moment ago and it uses Finnish translations that aren't found on this site. These are "salivalmentaja" for Gym Leader and "arvomerkki" for Badge. They should be mentioned but I'm not sure if they are used in the manual of Red, Blue, and Yellow versions. Likewise, in the Gen III manuals the term "rintamerkki" (a direct translation of badge) can also be found. Later manuals (when listing such things) usually use the terms "salijohtaja" and "salimerkki". Արիանո 08:12, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- I don't have any manuals older than the LG one, so I don't know what translations Gen I manuals use. But I think you can already add the Crystal translations regardless of that.--電禅Den Zen 08:31, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Okey-dokey.Արիանո 08:38, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
I was wondering if I have done enough mainspace edits and went long enough with my block yet. I have made about 100 edits since the ban and was hoping that was enough to get it removed.Chy-i (talk) 01:56, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
- Even though it's more like 50 edits, I guess that's enough. Just remember to not break the userspace policy anymore or your next userspace block will be much longer. Also, your signature should resemble your username in some way.--電禅Den Zen 07:41, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
why cant we talk about powerhouse or just how powerful the pokemon we seen int he show
ash snivy having high level moves and able to endure super effective moves well she shown to be very powerful
ash skeptial is major powerhouse or massive powerhouse able to defeat many foes for ash as shown on anime also defeated darkrai, snorlax major powerhouse able to take two pokemon of ash foes down before loosing. ash charizard is the massive powerhouse. --Terryberry94 (talk) 01:34, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- Because it's kind of redundant; there are so many powerful Pokémon in the anime that we don't have to mention it, and the articles already list the battles and moves that Pokémon have had. Also, as other users have mentioned, you really should improve your grammar so that your edits and messages are easier to read for other users and our readers. You can preview your edits by pressing the 'show preview' button. If you find any mistakes in your edit, you can fix them and then press the 'save page' button.--電禅Den Zen 07:13, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
Adding when a location is mention to the location's article
Hey, Dennou Zenshi. I have a question from another user on if it would be acceptable to add when a location is mentioned to that location's "In the anime" section. Here is the discussion that I have had with them. --Super goku (talk) 18:40, 16 August 2014 (UTC)
- IMO all mentions about a location can be added to the anime section as long as they also provide new information about the location, such as the location having the next Gym/Contest or being a character's hometown.--電禅Den Zen 19:44, 16 August 2014 (UTC)
How can I add to my own userpage? I clicked in it and I saw that I cannot add anything to any pages that start with User. I know this is for safety reasons and to prevent multi-accounting, but could you please do something for that? --PokémonXXXPlayer (talk) 12:35, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- You have to become autoconfirmed first. Just make more mainspace edits and you'll eventually be able to edit your userpage. But remember to not make pointless or stupid edits just to become autoconfirmed.--電禅Den Zen 12:57, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
I suggest to add a parameter or something that when a language parameter is inserted to an article using this template, the article automatically is categorised to: Category:List of episodes in <language>; e. g. if parameter gr is inserted to the article using this template, the article is automatically listed to Category:List of episodes in Greek. Thank you for your time. --PokémonXXXPlayer (talk) 13:51, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
Category:Pokémon page revert
I am confused by the revert that you made to the page. The link I got was to user talk and does not really seem to explain it.
While I know that the Megas should be in the subcategory with the others, when I try to exit the page that section does not come up nor do I see any other way to edit it. I thought that having the Megas linked there would make sense given they are a specific, separate category of pokémon. Please let me know why this is not the case or, if they should be there, how to edit the page so I can place them in properly.
Thank you for your time.- unsigned comment from Indagare (talk • contribs)
- I have added "Category:Pokémon with Mega Evolutions" to the "Category:Pokémon". As you can see, you must do it by adding the link of the supercategory to the subcategory page, not vice versa.--電禅Den Zen 16:05, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
On November 3, 2013, you protected this page with the reason "Speculation crackdown: this should be semi-protected until we create pages for those three".
This makes sense then. And the page is now created. While it didn't stop me editing it now, that protection's still there. I speculate that it's safe to remove that protection at this point, but wanted to raise this and also find out if there's a reason it's still needed. CycloneGU (talk) 08:29, 5 January 2015 (UTC)
Hi. I noticed you reverted my edit the hard way. Yeah, I didn't think that through, though. But there is an easier way to undo the edit, though the edit does need to be the latest edit on the page. At the end of the edit description, there's an "Undo" button. All you need to do is to click that link, type in your reason, then click "Save Page"! That's as simple as it gets!
This isn't meant to be harrasment of any kind, just a friendly reminder. ?????? 20:25, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
- I reverted your edit exactly that way, but I removed the "Undo revision ..." part so that the description wouldn't be too long. In case you didn't know, I am a senior admin and have been here for 4 and half years, so I know very well how to edit.--電禅Den Zen 20:49, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi Dennou Zenshi. I was wondering if you felt that User:Rahl/Clemont's Magneton and User:Relicant/Clemont's Heliolisk are able to be moved into the mainspace. Both of these Pokémon have met the notability requirements and I was hoping to get your approval. Thank you.Rahl 16:58, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Those pages look fine and as you said, they meet the notability requirements, so it should be okay to mainspace them.--電禅Den Zen 17:15, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
He wasn't exactly a fail vandal, he didn't spam "485348785fdshfshefhkj" etc all over the place...he could type words. All he wanted was Touhou. You should give him a second chance, I only want to block users who post gibberish like "584689dfsdfjsjd" into Bulbapedia's pages. Dancingbug11 (talk) 20:45, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- Posting gibberish is not the only form of vandalism. He was knowingly adding all kinds of blatantly false, fanfic-like information on articles and removing content, which are actually even worse forms of vandalism. If he had given a better first impression and had also made constructive edits, I wouldn't have blocked him indefinitely. Bulbapedia is a reliable Pokémon encyclopedia, not anyone's personal playground.--電禅Den Zen 21:06, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- How do you know what he added and removed? Maybe he shoulda used the sandbox to do it. How did he fail? I'm new to this wiki. The best (worst?) was N being a maid. Of course I try to make constructive edits, too. Maybe we should try to give him a second chance? Dancingbug11 (talk) 21:31, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- I think 'fail' in this context is more like internet slang than a literal fail. You can check edits of any user with special:Contributions tool. Here are his edits. You can see how he edited the page by clicking the 'diff' link. Anyway as I said, what he did deserves him permanent ban. Also, that happened in 2012. Even if I unblocked him he would most likely never notice.--電禅Den Zen 21:47, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- Nkun's actually on our Pokemon Black 2 Let's Play team, and he seems MUCH nicer now than he was in 2012. Dancingbug11 (talk) 22:26, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
This link goes to a page where a user has copied and pasted a page in my userspace. I wouldn't have minded that he used my style but he has added very little of his own work and even keeps a section where I talk about my own personal predictions. The entire page was copied over to his userspace and I don't feel that should be allowed. He has also made edits to my userspace Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 16:09, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
Hej där Dennou Zenshi jag undrar om du nu är från Finland och talar Svenska på nivå 2 så utgår jag ifrån att du har Finska/Soumi som modersmål :) så varför står inte det på din användarsida? Med vänliga välsningar Raltseye (talk) 00:47, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- Det finns inte en mall i Bulbapedia som säger så.--電禅Den Zen 06:24, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- Åhå, men du kan ju alltid skapa en :) eller? Det finns ju minst 11 användare här som är från Finland. Med vänliga hälsningar Raltseye (talk) 10:34, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
This page is good enough to go to the main space ?I had been talking with Kenji Girl when I started, but I could see lately she has been having little contact with the site. I have not had much time to contribute as before, but want to least to leave this page ready.--Hikaru Wazana 02:37- 14 August 2016
- I haven't been that active lately either and I'm not sure exactly how mainspacing currently works. Pokemaster97 is an editorial board member and the current head of anime and should know better. That said, as for my personal thoughts about the page, it looks good but I wouldn't include May and Rafe and I doubt Ash's rivals need a collective article in the first place.--電禅Den Zen 12:17, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
- Yes about May, I changed my mind after I started the page. However Rafe is an occasion rival like A.J, Shamus or Sho, in the seventh film the focus of Ash is to defeat Rafe. Unfortunately he did not appear again like Astrid (personally I think he is a better rival than Morrison). Do you think better to change these points? My point with this page is to gather these characters in a single article, as some are important for the development of the anime. And some follow the same behavior patterns. Well, thanks for your attention.--Hikaru Wazana 14:09- 14 August 2016