From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| ☆ This user's favorite character is Dawn. ☆
|| ☆ This user's favorite character is Rosa. ☆
|| This user's favorite color is silver.
|| This user identifies as female.
|| This user tends to be invisible.
|| This user is shy.
I joined Bulbapedia after skimming through some articles and realizing that they had some mistakes, ranging from subtle ones such as grammatical errors to significant ones such as factual errors or lack of key information. Thus, I decided to start contributing to the site, in hopes of improving articles and later on creating new ones, as well as ensuring that Bulbapedia provides accurate enough information for visitors to refer to.
As a member of Project Shipping, I contribute significantly more to shipping-related articles. My lack of contribution to other articles are due to the fact that my knowledge of the games and anime is not as great as my knowledge of shipping (haha. That doesn't mean I'm smart or egoistical, I'm just more sensitive to hints). However, I will gradually begin to expand my areas of contribution to other parts of Pokémon. Although I have a very hectic schedule and will not be able to edit articles daily, I will do my best to cover as much as I can.
(Note: bold denotes preference over others)
- ContestShipping = OTP <3 - Drew & May - I like how Drew's use of reverse psychology and constant teasing has gradually motivated May to train harder and become the talented Coordinator she is today. No doubt, Brianna's accusation got May thinking about how she really felt about Drew, though it's not canon since the anime has to continue. (I don't think it'd be a good example to set for kid viewers if ten-year-old protagonists were dating, anyway.) In addition, don't red roses symbolize love or at least strong feelings? And Drew gives May red roses, doesn't he? Need I say more?
- PokéShipping - Ash & Misty - I don't ship this just because, like many say, "Misty was there from the beginning". It's not a matter of time. It's how it stands out. Ash and Misty have shown their care, concern and worry for each other more than most other characters paired together have in the entire series. While it's already been established that this ship is a one-sided canon on Misty's side, that merely means Ash is too dense or oblivious to recognize her feelings, let alone reciprocate them. Never has Ash outright rejected Misty or refuted the PokéShippers' beliefs, so we can keep hoping, right?
- IkariShipping - Paul & Dawn - I guess I've involuntarily, inevitably and irrevocably been captivated by the highly appealing personality contrast. While I still strongly believe this is a crack ship, Dawn and Paul would still look cute together, and it is a fact that he opened up slightly to her. Maybe she could change him for the better if they got together.
- FlavescentShipping - Yet another crack ship that I have no idea how to explain ended up on my favorite list... Maybe there's just something about WishfulShipping and NegaiShipping that deters me. Besides, Trip was interested in Iris during BW031, for Arceus's sake. Other than that... I have no idea... but I'm working on the shipping page. I'll stretch it all out like GaiaShipping somehow.
- SommelierShipping - Cilan & Burgundy - You're probably starting to notice a trend in this list now. Yes, I love love-hate relationships. Happy?
- PearlShipping - Ash & Dawn - Not as big a fan as I was back in 2010, but I've got to give it credit for being the first ship I ever supported since my alarmingly late introduction to the shipping universe.
- KitchenMaidShipping - Brock & Autumn - Well, it's cute. It's the first time Brock hasn't fawned over a cute girl (and one in a maid's outfit at that). I actually prefer this to LuckShipping, which is saying something.
- QuestShipping - Jimmy & Marina - Preferred over BackShipping.
- RocketShipping - James & Jessie - I'm not a hardcore fan, but they're practically soulmates.
- ShootsdownShipping - Kenny & Zoey - It may not have many hints, but I have a tendency to pair up whoever's left, and that includes rivals.
- FerrisWheelShipping - N & Hilda - Let's face it, N wanted Hilda to be his ultimate opponent. And ferris wheels... aren't they so romantic? At any rate, I prefer this to ChessShipping. How would a relationship between two player characters work? I mean, unless there are two players that are dating, but still...
- FortuneShipping - Lucas & Dawn - This is a cute pairing, in my opinion more so than TwinleafShipping. Otherwise, there isn't much of a basis.
- SequelShipping - Hugh & Rosa - Hugh's spiky hair fascinates me. Besides my opinion that they would make an adorable couple, I guess I tend to be attracted to pairings in which the guy has a somewhat dark past.
- LiveCasterShipping - Curtis & Rosa - Well, Curtis has been so sweet to my player character that I decided to go ahead and like this ship.
- VoidCubeShipping - N & Rosa - Rosa reminds N of Hilda, doesn't she? Just like how Nate reminds him of Hilbert, but let's not go into that at the moment.
- NewRivalShipping - Wally & May - Preferred over HoennShipping and LoveRivalShipping.
- SpecialShipping - Red & Yellow - It's not the cuteness of the couple this time, or the fact that it's a one-sided canon. It's the fact that Yellow cares so much for Red, that the entire Yellow chapter is largely centered around SpecialShipping, though others would protest in favor of FeelingShipping or LuckyShipping. Red has also shown many signs of caring for Yellow, though he has yet to prove that he remembers that Yellow is the girl he saved in the Viridian Forest.
- ChoosenShipping - Silver & Green - As they say, childhood friends always end up together, or at least fall for each other. Silver and Green have shown many signs of caring for each other ever since their debuts, and implications of romantic feelings date back to even before the manga's first chapter. Overall, I think this would be more likely to happen than its rivals, LuckyShipping and OldrivalShipping.
- MangaQuestShipping - Gold & Crystal - Ah, the personality contrast strikes again. I think Crystal is one of the few people that can actually keep Gold in line, at least for a few seconds.
- FranticShipping - Ruby & Sapphire - Shockingly, as canon as this ship is, this isn't among my Adventures OTPs. It's cute and the love-hate relationship is prominent in the entire Ruby & Sapphire chapter, and I must admit that I have reread their confession scenes countless times, but sometimes it bothers me when ships get too popular or too canon. (Of course, this doesn't apply to ContestShipping. That can never get too canon.)
- CommonerShipping - Diamond & Platinum - Now, this is one pairing I'd like to see canon. Diamond already has an obvious crush on Platinum, but so far she has shown no sign of returning or even realizing his feelings. Only time will tell. Again, I likely support this because it's the manga counterpart of FortuneShipping.
- AgencyShipping - Black & White - I don't like ChessShipping, but there doesn't seem to be much of an option in the Black and White chapter...
- LithiumShipping - Silver & Sapphire
- ViridianShipping - Silver & Yellow - Poor Silver, getting paired up so much! I see him as a rather shippable character.
- HyalineShipping - N & White - A surprisingly unpopular alternate to AgencyShipping. Personally, I don't think this ship has much of a chance of becoming canon, but I ship it for the sake of FerrisWheelShipping.
- BelleShipping - Drew & Dawn
- NovelShipping - Paul & Misty
- CheekyShipping - Max & Mira
- TiramisuShipping - Barry & Lyra - Seemingly the only ship I can see Barry in and not flinch, besides TwinleafShipping. I see HyperShipping as a form of twincest.
- ShatteredShipping - Paul & Lyra - Yet another crack ship that I find similar to IkariShipping.
- LeafGreenShipping - Gary & Leaf - The cross-canon counterpart to OldrivalShipping. I think I like this ship a lot more than the latter.
Shōnen Ai / Yaoi
- ComaShipping - Ash & Paul - Though I have a feeling Paul would put Ash in a coma upon discovering this ship, it's still fairly adorable, how much of an effect Ash has had on Paul.
- KodakShipping - Ash & Trip - Who knows, maybe Ash is generally kind toward Trip because he reminds him of Paul.
- CafeMochaShipping - Ash & Cilan
- ThirdWheelShipping - Brock & Tracey - They are both third wheels to Ash and Misty...
- IsshuShipping - Hilbert & N - Same reason as FerrisWheelShipping.
Pokémon Adventures / Special
- PreciousMetalShipping - Gold & Silver - I don't know why, but Silver's line to Gold toward the end of the Gold, Silver & Crystal chapter got me thinking. I don't have anything against homosexuality and the like, so why not ship them? And so I did.
- OriginalShipping - Red & Blue - They are the original rivals, after all.
- AbsurdistShipping - Diamond & Pearl - Diamond willingly lets Pearl smack him and treat him like an underling, but finally couldn't take it anymore and expressed his desire to be independent. And the make-up scene was so touching...
Shōjo Ai / Yuri
- SapphirePearlShipping - May & Dawn - They instantly started acting like sisters upon their first meeting. Then again, so did Misty and May, as well as Dawn and Iris...
- ImageShipping - Misty & May - For the reason stated above.
- AppealShipping - Dawn & Zoey - Well, it would be cute? They seem to really care about each other's wellbeing.
I'm not fond of any yuri ships in particular...
Pokémon Adventures / Special
- JadeShipping - Green & Yellow
Least favorite shippings
- AdvanceShipping - Ash & May - To me this is so wrong on many levels, probably because I grew up believing that they were siblings or at least close friends that didn't like each other romantically. I can tolerate it (to an extent) though.
- WishfulShipping - Cilan & Iris
- NegaiShipping - Ash & Iris
- AdmirationShipping - Drew & Brianna
Pokémon Adventures / Special
- HaughtyShipping - Pearl & Platinum - This is one of the few love-hate relationships I dislike...
- YOLO2468 - My pseudonym on Bulbapedia. As you may have guessed, YOLO is an acronym for You Only Live Once, implying that one should enjoy life, even if that entails taking risks. I'm generally not a person that likes taking risks, though.
- anonymousretard2468 - My YouTube username, where I usually post sloppily-written Pokémon fan fiction in slideshow format. It's a lot easier than the conventional writing format one has to use on FanFiction. The name sounds like a five-year-old on a delirious Pokémon-catching high danced on the keyboard and the computer accurately autocorrected it, then refused to change it.
- TheNinjaPenguin - The username is derived from my fondness for the Pokémon Piplup. The ninja part was added because I envied a fellow user's name IceCreamNinja.
- I am slowly learning Japanese, but kanji is especially difficult for me to process as I'm used to the Chinese pronunciations.
- I have multiple conflicting personalities.
- The name for the theory of a romantic relationship between Gary and May is BrunettShipping, not BrunetteShipping.