From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Emerald was the only game where an Elite Four member used the same type as a Gym Leader, other than the Johto-based games which had 21 Gym Leaders and Elite Four combined.
- Only in Generations II and III does the Champion have a specialist type.
- Conversely, Blue, as the leader of the Viridian Gym in the Johto-based games, is the only Gym Leader without a specialist type.
- Not counting remakes, Poison has not been seen for the longest time; it has only appeared in Kanto and Johto-based games, whereas all other types have appeared at least twice since.
- Ground was the only type not represented in the Johto-based games, as the Ground-type gym was taken over by Blue.