From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Naui is a regular user on Bulbapedia.
So my real first name is Alika and I am a Hawai'i born and raised boy. I was born in 1993 and is born and raised on the island of Kauai. I am Part Hawaiian and can speak the language. Please don't butcher the language or the culture. My alias is usually Naui or Nauibotic which is from my robotics team. I apparently look Okinawan so that turned into naui.
My journey into Pokemon began at the tender age of 7 in 2000 with my first Kiwi colored Gameboy and a copy of Pokemon Yellow. From there on out I've began a life of Pokémon Addiction. However I was a regular viewer of the original Pokémon dub before becoming a Pokémon gamer.
I've been on Bulbapedia since early 2011 around the time when Best Wishes began to pick up. I've usually done misc. trivia and so far have made four initial Episode Summaries (which are usual cleaned up afterwards). If you want to check it out it's BW049, BW050, BW053, and BW061.
From Gen I to Gen II I used my real name. From Ruby till Diamond/Pearl I used the default character names. Soulsilver onwards I used my nickname. I generally play with the stereotypical party of Grass, Water, Fire, and Flying and throw in whatever I feel with be great to use or I thought looked cool. Though in the end I use any and all Pokémon, even ones like Unown and such in the post-game.
The teams bellow are the ones I used to beat the game.
Gen I, Gen II, Gen V had no nicknames form my Pokémon. Gen III was all of their final form names reversed. Gen IV DP, their nicknames were Hawaiian Words (Translations bellow), while HGSS were their japanese names.
- Kokeahi= Koke (monkey) Ahi (Flame)-Lit. Flaming Monkey
- Lokepookii=Loke (Rose) Po'oki'i(Mask)-Lit. Mask of Roses
- Paloloia=Palolo (Mud) ia (Fish)-Lit. Muddy Fish
- Hoku'io=Hoku (Star) 'io (Hawk)-Lit. Hawk of the Stars.
- Lapa'awa-Lapa (Flash) Niho 'awa (fang)-Lit. Flash Fang
- Manoaina=Mano (Shark) Aina (Shark)-Lit. Shark of the Land
- Alikakila= Kila (Steel) ʻĀlika (Arctic)-Lit. Arctic Steel
- Molehuhau-Mōlehu (dusk) Hau (Ice/Frozen)=Lit. Frozen Dusk
My top 10 (in no particular order) of each generation's Pokemon. I refuse to put legendaries because they get too much focus for their power/stats.
- 1.Charizard-Despite the fact that I'm upset it's still not a Dragon Pokémon I still think it's one the best of the original 150.
- 2.Nidoking-This thing will mess you up. Look at it!
- 3.Pikachu-Who hates this cute electric mouse? Not me!
- 4.Gengar-This thing creeped me out as a little kid. But I loved using him in Yellow (or her as I found out when I traded her to Gold)
- 5.Gyarados-Proving that even the most worthless child can become great with time and patience.
- 6.Eevee-Cute and lots of options, what's not to love?
- 7.Kabutops-Remains my favorite Fossil Pokemon. Love the scythes!
- 8. Scyther-Come on! The mantis has freakin' swords for hands!
- 9. Snorlax-Lazy, slow, and a big eater, maybe i'm not fat like Snorlax but my personality is like it.
- 10. Dragonite-The only dragon of the region, may take a while to train but It's a powerful yet friendly looking Pokémon
- 1. Dewott-Not sure how this otter turns into the weird Seal/walrus thing, but I like a nice Japanese samurai pokemon.
- 7.Tirtouga- Based off my favorite turtle the leatherback
- 8. Haxorus-Freakin' axe-tusked dragon. Killer Concept
- 9. Bisharp-Probably because of my Power Ranger/Kikaida/Kamen Rider obsession. Totally awesome and and epic shiny form too!
- 10.Hydreigon-Putting my two favorite types together and making it one awesome Hydra. Thank You Game Freak!