From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This user has a pet plant.
|| This user's favorite color is silver.
|| This user likes it when it rains.
|| This user likes it when it snows.
- An unused Pokémon with Cacophony would exist.
- The move relearner would teach moves from previous evolutions, being as awesome as Gulpin Link Shop.
- Aurora Beam would be renamed, or there would be a Light type in which would be Aurora Beam.
- Pokémon academies would be better.
- Nintendo guidebooks would be at least completely accurate.
- Types would be more balanced, and maybe there wouldn't be any 4× weaknesses or resistances.
- Evolution-inducing held items would be unnecessary and not exist, excluding the Dubious Disc. The Dawn and Dusk Stone would merge into the Sunset Stone. The Thunderstone would merge into the Shiny Stone.
- The Item Finder would automatically notify (possibly by replacing the bottom screen with the Unova Dowsing MCHN) the player when it detects an item, hidden or not.
- Species names wouldn't exist.
- Cut, Strength, Flash, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Smash, Defog, and Rock Climb would not be field moves or HMs. Their respective obstacles (excluding waterfalls) would be removed. Cut and Strength would cease to be moves, and Body Slam would become a TM. Teleport would have the same effect outside of battle as Fly. The remaining HM moves would become TMs, and Surf would be the only unforgettable one. Surfing would allow the player to cross waterfalls.
- Flutes would have effects.
- Status moves would have the type effectiveness (effective or not effective) of normal, damaging moves. For instance, Leech Seed would affect all Pokémon that didn't have Sap Sipper. Typeless moves and Hidden Power would be ???-type. Moves with variable type would have their type change accordingly in-battle.
- EV training would be easier.
- The player would always be running, so Running Shoes would be removed from the game.
- The Pokédex would identify a Pokémon's type and Ability in and outside of battle. It would also show evolution method.
- The Global Terminal would have a default option to filter out ridiculous requests. It would also not ban Pokémon like Froslass when they are capitalized as either Froslass or FROSLASS.
- The Name Rater would be able to restore a traded Pokémon to its original name.
- In Generation V, people's eyes would not disappear, Pokémon's back sprites would be less pixelated, and entering buildings would take less time.
- Event Pokémon (such as level 100 Arceus from the Pokémon Global Link) would be unavailable for delivery until the player had enough Badges.
- In general, all Pokémon would be equally viable at all levels (excluding Smeargle, legendary Pokémon, and evolutionary stone/trade/friendship evolvers).
Generation I Pokémon
Generation II and III Pokémon
Generation IV Pokémon
- Staraptor would be Flying/Fighting. *
- Luxray would be part Dark. *
- Male Combee would have a future.
- Chatot would not be banned from the Global Battle Union; Chatter would temporarily have the default sound when battling with or against other players.
- The Pokédex would describe Porygon-Z's quirkiness more specifically. It would also state Porygon-Z's improvements over Porygon2.
- Regigigas would have better moves (recovery, Dynamic Punch, Protect, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Rest, Skill Swap, Entrainment, Role Play, etc.)
- The Pokédex would describe Giratina's violence more specifically.
- Arceus's alternate Formes would be more discrete.
Generation V Pokémon
Pokémon Dream World items