From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Trick Room (Japanese: トリックルーム Trick Room) is a non-damaging Template:Type2 move introduced in Generation IV.
Trick Room causes Pokémon with a lower Speed stat to attack first, whilst those with higher Speed stat will attack last. Trick Room only reverses the move order within each priority bracket; therefore, first strike moves will still go before any other moves. This effect lasts for 5 turns.
Pokémon with Full Incense, Lagging Tail, and Stall ignore the effects of Trick Room, and go last in their priority bracket regardless of their Speed stat. Pokémon activating Quick Claw also ignore Trick Room.
Using Trick Room while it is already in effect will remove the effects of Trick Room.
Trick Room itself is a decreased priority move, and will always go last in a turn.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
The user will ether randomly reduce or increase the speed of all Pokémon on the floor.
In the anime
| The users eyes glow red and it creates a transparent screen over the battlefield. The opponent now has to use the previous move 5 times.
|| First Used In
|| Dusknoir's eye glows red and it creates a transparent blue screen over the battlefield. It disappears and the opponent has to stick with their previous used move 5 times.
| Conway's Dusknoir
- Trick Room has a special animation effect in Pokémon Battle Revolution. During this effect, a sphere of blinking and fading purple squares surround the battle area. Will's room in HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions also has a similar animation.
- In HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Platinum Versions, a roulette choice in the Battle Arcade may result in giving a battle the Trick Room effect.
- Porygon-Z is the only Pokémon able to learn Trick Room without the aid of TM92, apart from Bronzor caught on Winner's Path.
- Trick Room has the lowest priority of all moves.
- In the games, it lets slower Pokémon attack first, but in the anime, it works similar to Encore, in which it forces the opponent to stick with previously used moves.
In other languages
- Chinese: 欺骗空间
- French: Distorsion
- Spanish: Espacio Raro
- Italian: Distortozona
- German: Bizzaroraum
Template:Project MoveDex notice