Pokémon in the United States
|Launched||July 17, 2006|
|Owned By|| Turner Broadcasting System (50%)|
VIZ Media (50%)
Toonami Jetstream was a streaming video service run by Cartoon Network and VIZ Media to provide anime and action cartoons 24 hours a day. The service launched on July 17, 2006. The service remained online even after its parent programming block, Toonami, ended on September 20, 2008. On January 20, 2009, Toonami Jetstream switched all available offerings with "top 10" lists from most of their at-the-time current shows. Toonami Jetstream shut down on January 30, 2009.
Cartoon Network Video, Toonami Jetstream's former sister service, became Cartoon Network's lone streaming video service at the time Jetstream shut down. The Pokémon anime didn't initially migrate over to Cartoon Network Video, but would do so a few months after Jetstream's shutdown.
The service was only available in the United States. Other regions have their own version of Jetstream, though not with Pokémon included in the lineup.
Pokémon anime on Toonami Jetstream
The third season of the Pokémon anime debuted on the service on October 9, 2006 under the Johto Journeys banner. The first episode offered on the service was The Pokémon Water War. The last episode under this classification, The Fortune Hunters, debuted on Jetstream on October 1, 2007.
Pokémon Chronicles also debuted on Toonami Jetstream on October 9, 2006. The first episode of the side series offered on the service was part 1 of The Legend of Thunder!. The final episode, Pikachu's Winter Vacation: Christmas Night/Kanga Games, debuted on the service on March 5, 2007.
The fourth season debuted on Toonami Jetstream on May 29, 2007 under the Johto League Champions banner. A Goldenrod Opportunity was the first episode offered under that classification. The last episode under this classification, Machoke, Machoke Man!, debuted on Jetstream on May 27, 2008.
The first season debuted on Toonami Jetstream on January 14, 2008 under the Pokémon banner as part of a special offering involving Pokémon Snap. Pokémon Paparazzi was the first episode offered under that classification. This classification never saw a regular progression.
The fifth season debuted on Toonami Jetstream on June 16, 2008 under the Master Quest banner. Around the Whirlpool was the first episode offered under that classification. The last episode under this classification, Some Like It Hot, debuted on Jetstream on January 13, 2009. This classification was the only one featured in the Top 10 format prior to the service's shutdown.
The ninth season debuted on Toonami Jetstream on November 17, 2008 under the Battle Frontier banner. Fear Factor Phony was the first episode offered under that classification. The last episode under this classification, Reversing the Charges, debuted on Jetstream on January 13, 2009.
Toonami Jetstream released episodes new to the service every Monday, unless a particular Monday is a United States holiday, in most cases the debut was on a different day (such as the following Tuesday or the preceding Friday). Like other shows on Toonami Jetstream, new Pokémon episodes in currently-running seasons debuted every week and remained available on Toonami Jetstream for six weeks after they debuted on the service.
To celebrate the release of Pokémon Snap on the Virtual Console, Pokémon.com have announced that episodes featuring Todd Snap will be offered for one week later in December. That method was scrapped in favor of traditional weekly progression; his three Johto appearances appeared as part of the normal Johto League Champions progression, with his Kanto appearances appearing on January 14, 2008, January 22, 2008, and January 28, 2008.
Episodes available on Toonami Jetstream
- Classifications in italics were active on Jetstream as of the final regular upload.
- Season 3: The Pokémon Water War-The Fortune Hunters
- Chronicles: The Legend of Thunder! (Part 1)-Pikachu's Winter Vacation: Christmas Night/Kanga Games
- Season 4: A Goldenrod Opportunity-Machoke, Machoke Man!
- Season 1: Pokémon Paparazzi-The Breeding Center Secret
- Season 5: Around the Whirlpool-Some Like It Hot
- Season 91: Fear Factor Phony!-Reversing the Charges
- 1: Not featured in the Top 10 format.
- Toonami Jetstream used the opening based on Pokérap GS for all Pokémon Chronicles episodes. That was only done on the televised airings with part 1 of The Legend of Thunder!; all other Pokémon Chronicles episodes used the Pokémon Chronicles theme for their televised airings.
- The first five episodes of Johto League Champions used the Johto Journeys opening on Jetstream, similar to the original Kids' WB! airings of the episodes.
- The Todd version of Todd Snap's Kanto episodes are the ones used on Toonami Jetstream. This appears to go with the retcon of making Snap his surname when Pokémon Snap was announced for the Virtual Console.
- The Master Quest logo used different colors on the Jetstream banner than in the show itself.
- Pokémon Paparazzi was mislabeled as being episode 10. The actual episode 10 in Indigo League is Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village. Subsequent Indigo League episodes also had wrong numbers attached. This running error may have been a result of Cartoon Network's recent tendency to air the first season's episodes in the order Kids WB showed them instead of their proper order.
- Control Freak!, listed as episode 39 of Johto League Champions, was mistakenly given the title and description of the listed episode 39 in the previous arc. The scene selection showed images from the correct episode, and the correct episode played.
- The above error was later repeated with Throwing in the Noctowl, the listed episode 14 of Master Quest. It was mistakenly given the title and description of the listed episode 14 of Pokémon Chronicles, but showed images from and played the correct episode. The episode was also given an initial expiry time of only nine days instead of the usual six weeks; it was later reuploaded with the correct expiry time, but still with the wrong title and description.
- Mantine Overboard! initially did not list the episode number in the Master Quest classification (it was supposed to be 5); this error was later fixed.
- The above error was later repeated with Fear Factor Phony! not listing its episode number in the Battle Frontier classification (it was supposed to be 1); unlike the above error, however, this one was never fixed.
- The listed episode 6 of the Master Quest classification, Octillery The Outcast!, was initially listed with a title of "Copy Needed"; this error was later fixed and did not reoccur when featured in the Top 10 format.
- When viewing the Battle Frontier banner under the "Shows" tab, Dawn is depicted on the right side of the banner, despite not debuting until the first episode of the following season.
- Toonami Jetstream on Wikipedia