The Official Pokémon Advanced Handbook 4
- The title of this article is incorrect because of technical limitations. The correct title is The Official Pokémon Advanced Handbook #4.
|The Official Pokémon Advanced Handbook #4|
|Author:||Maria S. Barbo|
|Preceded By:||The Official Pokémon Handbook 3|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon Kanto Handbook|
The Official Pokémon Advanced Handbook #4 by Maria S. Barbo (ISBN 0439559898) is a handbook that was published in 2003, and is the sequel to The Official Pokémon Handbook #3. It served as a paper form of the Hoenn Pokédex. It contained an entry for all the Generation III Pokémon, excluding Jirachi and Deoxys. This handbook is considerably shorter than the older handbooks.
The entries list the following stats:
- Height (in inches and feet)
- Weight (in pounds)
- Attacks (the basic and most commonly used moves of that Pokémon)
Attacks are not listed with the levels at which they are learned, and not all the moves the Pokémon can learn appear.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family. Pokémon that do not evolve do not have an evolution chain.
The book also includes a map and brief summary of the Hoenn region. There are also Hoenn, Johto, and Indigo League comparisons that compare Badges, etc. The Pokémon types are also explained, as well as some features new to Generation III.
- There are several minor spelling errors, such as Morning Sun being listed as Mornin on Beautifly's page, and Water Gun being Water Fun on Milotic's.
- In some entries, two moves' names are combined. On Surskit's and Masquerain's pages, Bubble and Quick Attack are joined as Bubble Quick, and on Swablu's and Altaria's pages, Peck and Growl are joined as Peck Growl.
- Huntail's page states that it evolves into Gorebyss.
- Linoone's page states that it is able to learn the move Rushing, but this is its species name.
- Medicham is listed as Medicharm.
- Metang is listed as Matang.
- Ninjask's page states that it evolves into Shedinja.
- Ralts's page states that it cannot evolve, whereas it can evolve into Kirlia.
- On Torchic's page, Tentacool's moveset is listed instead of Torchic's.
- Trapinch's page states that it cannot evolve, whereas it can evolve into Vibrava.
- Information on Ash incorrectly implies that Mudkip is one of his Pokémon.
- Wurmple's page states that it evolves into either Cascoon or Silcoon depending on the time of day.
- Quick Attack is sometimes wrongly shortened to just Quick.
- Faint Attack is also sometimes shortened to just Faint.
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|