From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| The Complete Pokémon Pocket Guide
|| October 14, 2008
The Complete Pokémon Pocket Guide (ISBN 1421523256 and ISBN 1421523264) is a guide published by VIZ Media. It contains information on all 491 Pokémon revealed to date (excluding Shaymin and Arceus as they had not yet been officially revealed by Nintendo), which, however, are included as a poster in re-print. Each Pokémon's page has an illustration, a description, a list of some of the moves it may possess, special abilities, and any evolutions that it may have. It is split into two volumes: volume one covers the first 245 Pokémon (Bulbasaur to Suicune) and the rest are in volume two (Larvitar to Darkrai). Volume 1 is 248 pages in length, and Volume 2 is 251 pages in length.
The complete guide to all 491 Pokémon, including the new Diamond and Pearl generation! Fully illustrated and totally comprehensive, this two-volume set features one Pokémon per page, providing full-color pictures, descriptions and stats, including Abilities, Moves and Evolution. Portable, practical and bursting with information, this pocket guide is all you need to catch 'em all!
- There is information in this book not seen in other sources, such as saying Infernape's flames cannot be extinguished as long as it is alive.
- Remoraid's page features artwork of Mantine as one of the pictures for Remoraid.
- The cover of both books read From Abra to Zubat, however, Abomasnow comes before Abra alphabetically.
- On Wigglytuff's description, the move DoubleSlap is misspelled as 'Doubleslap'.
- On Voltorb's description, Poké Ball is misspelled as 'Pokéball'.
- On Mr. Mime's description, the move DoubleSlap is misspelled as 'Doubleslap'.
- On Scyther's description, Scyther is mispluralized as 'Scythers'.
- On Pinsir's "Special Moves" section, no actual moves are listed; instead only its name, Pinsir, is displayed.
- On Xatu's description, it mistakenly refers to Xatu as Natu, its pre-evolution's name, in the first sentence.
- On Azumarill's description, it can be presumed that when 'i's' is written, the term 'it's' was meant.
- Swampert's weight is listed in the book as 14.3 pounds, but Swampert's weight is actually 180.6 pounds.
- On Aggron's description, it mistakenly refers to Aggron as Aron, its pre-evolution's name, in the second sentence.
- Groudon's weight is listed as Drought, its Ability.
- One of the pictures of Marshtomp shows its back as being purple.
! colspan="1" style="padding: 5px 5px 1px 5px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px;" |
|- style="font-size: 90%;"
| style="vertical-align:middle; padding: 0px 5px 1px 5px;" colspan="1" |