From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Temporal Tower
| Starting level:
| Team members:
Temporal Tower (Japanese: じげんのとう Dimension Tower) is a dungeon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It is the home of Dialga and has, in total, 24 floors (13 being of Temporal Tower, ten of Temporal Spire, and the Temporal Pinnacle). In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, the Temporal Tower can be revisited in the special episode In the Future of Darkness starring Grovyle. In the special episode, Temporal Tower is shown to have collapsed in the future.
The only way to access it is by taking the transportation from the Hidden Land. Additionally, the only Pokémon allowed to enter are the main player and his or her partner, and Pokémon are not recruitable. Lapras will bring the player to Hidden Land, a dungeon that must be completed before entering Temporal Tower.
Temporal Tower has a relay point after 13F. In the first visit the player will have to defeat Primal Dialga. After that, the player can recruit a regular Dialga.
Collapsed Temporal Tower
Collapsed Temporal Spire
In the anime
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - Beyond Time & Darkness, Team Poképals and Grovyle were going to the top of the tower to stop Primal Dialga. Dusknoir tries to stop them, however, but fails. After a talk with Piplup, Grovyle takes Dusknoir back to the future with him. Team Poképals were last seen taking the Rainbow Stoneship to Temporal Tower in the episode.
- Like in the previous game, a tower is the final dungeon of the story mode. However, friend Pokémon cannot be taken to Temporal Tower, unlike Sky Tower.
- The only recruitable Pokémon in Temporal Tower is Dialga. It is impossible to recruit any other Pokémon.
- At the relay point, Temporal Spire, and when at Temporal Pinnacle, one can hear a clock faintly ticking in the background: this and the location's name are likely due to the fact that Temporal Tower is the structure of time.
- The Temporal Pinnacle, where Dialga is found, bears a striking resemblance to Spear Pillar (where Dialga is also found).
- The 24 floors of this dungeon may be a reference to the 24 hours of the day.
- Only the player and partner can ever come to Temporal Tower. Ironically, that means that if Dialga is recruited by the player, the only way it can return to Temporal Tower is if it is released.
- Despite being the last dungeon in the storyline, its layouts are simpler than those of the previous dungeon, Hidden Land.