From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Archive 1 (discussions from January 4 – November 26, 2008) - Old Welcome talk
- Archive 2 (discussions from November 26 – December 4, 2008) - The vote to new Welcome
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Welcome!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- To upload images, please use the Bulbagarden Archives. To activate your account at the Archives, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia. This may also be used to activate an account at Bulbanews.
- If you wish to make a page for a character you made up, please do so at User:Welcome/Name.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! ---- MAGNEDETH
23:07, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
due to an overwhelming vote of 3 - 27 - 5 - 5, Kogoro's Welcome template has been decided as the new official welcome template. and now i presume some of you will complain a bit, and by all means, go right ahead. just be aware that at least 27 people won't agree with you. -- MAGNEDETH 23:09, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Now that this template is taken into use, I think we should think the problem arising from the fact that somebody may like to hide the box. How do we ensure that this can easily be done by that user, or are we going to force him/her to display this green splash on the top of his/her talk page? UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 23:13, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- One could add
class="expandable" to the table to minimize it. — Laoris (Blah) 23:47, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- That's true. However, we should make that very easy so I think the template could have some kind of instructions to do that for the new users. Or then they can just ask. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 00:10, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- The only problem in that is that it makes it easy for a newbie to just click and hide it, then ignore it completely. Having it right out there constantly should definitely get them to notice it, and hopefully they will bother to check it out. - Kogoro | Talk to me -
- exactly. besides, is it really hurting anything? -- MAGNEDETH 00:30, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, it seems to be a more efficient way to display ways new users can help out. Nice style choices, as well. Bulbapedian - Talk 00:38, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Resetting indentI still like the format of the old welcome better (we really don't need a big box), but this one improves the actual content so I can live with it. Congrts, Kogoro! LordArceus 00:40, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'll congratulate Kogoro on the effort put in. Still looks all RAWR INDIMIDATING LINKS WITH NO EXPLANATION for me though. Glinn Mgraw 07:08, 5 December 2008 (UTC)