In the official Japanese D/P stickerbook, which includes Gym Leader stickers, all names are spelt in Romaji. メリッサ is romanised Melissa (we already use this romanisation), マキシ is romanised Maxi (again, we already use that). However, there are three romanisation which we did not use. There are: デンジ as Denzi (instead of Denji) and トウガン as Tougan (instead of Tōgan) and ヒョウタ as Hyouta (instead of Hyōta). Since they're from official stickerbook, they are trademarked romanisation and we must use them. --Maxim 17:14, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
Should we have the new Gym Leaders in the anime category this early? I mean, we all know what happened with Wallace. --FabuVinny 09:24, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
- I think that once they appear, they certainly should. But not if the episode hasn't appeared yet. --TTEchidna 20:26, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
Volkner's Ambipom knows Shock Wave, but I don't know which move is wrong right now. It only used Shock Wave and Baton Pass against me. -Wild Eep
Apparently, if it's true, Volkner will not be Sunyshore's Gym Leader. If so can this be added to the trivia of being the second final Gym Leader of a region to not be part of the main plot?
- He is also the second final Gym Leader of a region to be replaced, after Wallace.
That is PURE speculation! I'm going to undo that edit and I think this page should be protected.--Quick Man 14:38, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Who come with this speculation? The third game wasn't even revealed yet. So, how can you guess that Volkner will be replaced by someone else in that game? That's a piece of rubbish. Please don't come with such stupid theories. --Maxim 14:57, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Blue skY blog can't be quite believed. It used to spread fake information (the infamous Zak and three fake New Pokemon names). So, please don't be so excited about this. --Maxim 15:07, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- I think everyone's taking this with an appropriately large pinch of salt, so you don't need to worry about that. - Cassius335 17:02, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Seriously guys. Just wait until we know for definite. Don't go adding things that haven't been 100% confirmed yet :\ It was just leaked info, and normally "leaked info" turns out too be fake or a misconception Takoto タコト 17:17, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
This was probably made up just to match Wallace. But don't cancel it out just yet. We should leave the page for the while. David
There are 3 reasons why this rumour has come about:
- Volkner said in DP that he was going to challenge the Elite Four after challenging the player, so he went and left the Gym
- The 2nd, is that people though along the lines of Wallace he was and 8th Gyn Leader and was then replaced (this could link in with the first as Volkner went to face the Elite Four and could have won) and became Champion.
- 3rd not many people like Volkner, god he's dull and boring. Whatever 17:40, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- wtf? I think Volkner is by far the most interesting gym leader in DP. The fact that he actually had a backstory of sorts was awesome. Not saying the others didn't (Roark, Byron, Wake, and fantina also had backstories), but his was interesting and memorable in my opinion. Don't use your own opinion as evidence >_> ~RR~ 01:24, 13 May 2008 (UTC)