Talk:Tower Tycoon Palmer
Brother or Father
Is he your rival's brother or father?--DSDark 16:25, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
His father. He refers to your rival as his son.--Angerman 03:31, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Do you think Volkner is related to them somehow?
Oh yea, they do look a lot alike. Ryguy 10:34, 19 August 2007 (EST)
- There's nothing canon, though. In fact, there is just as valid speculation that he is the father of the player's character. --FabuVinny T-C-S 14:45, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- They are obviously related. Look at both of their pictures:
Look at how similar they look! --Shiny Noctowl 14:50, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Fanon speculation, not article-worthy.
BTW, where exactly in the game does he refer to Rival as his son? Jonah 17:15, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
In the time right before you fight him as the 21st trainer at the Battle Tower, or your first match with him. He says you played with <rival's name> while you guys were children and then he makes a reference to the rival being his son. Maybe you just mashed B when you first fought him? Angerman 04:37, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- No, he says it DURING the battle, not before the battle. About that whole Volkner-Palmer thing, it's a pure fanwank. It's not worthy to be in article. There are many characters that look alike in Pokémon. --Maxim 08:32, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- I'd say it's a possibility, but nothing more. --juunannio 19:47, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- He does say Pearl (Tyson, in my case) is his son, quite clearly. I can't quote it word for word, but it's before the 21st battle. I'd know, being right in that battle now. >_>--The Last Sheikah 08:11, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
Do you want his dialouge? Wait....
Hi! My name's Palmer. I remember you from when you were in Twinleaf, <player>. You were always playing with my son <rival>, right? You've grown up since then, and most impressively, too! So, I'd like you to show me. Show me the bond you've built with your Pokémon. Show me the skill you've acquired as a Trainer! Angerman 01:39, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
I think there's a strong possibility that its Abilily cannot be Solid Rock. That's all I'm going to say on this so far, as it is of little consequence. --juunannio 19:53, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's ability IS solid rock, seeing as I just fought it and my Gardevior has Trace as it's ability and said Gardevior traced Solid Rock. Unless this is like the changing genders issue that some other people had with Palmer's pokemon, I'm pretty sure it has Solid Rock. T65D --T65D 23:58, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- another thing i noticed is rhyperior's gender. when i fought palmer, it was female. -- scyphozoa7 21:07, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
after reading the above comment, and the fact that about 5 mins ago, i battled him, ive come to the conclusion that Palmer's pokemon change genders, sounds weird, i know, but, the kid above says Rhyperior was female, mine was male. the article says Milotic is male, mine was female. MAGNEDETH 00:51, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
Palmer cheats during the second fight against him...He's using Legendaries, but you're stuck with regular Pokémon.... Diachronos 17:53, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Palmer does not cheat. His second-fight team is Heatran, Regigigas, and Cresselia. None of them are banned from usage in the Battle Tower.
- If Palmer were to be cheating, his team would have to be Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, or some other combination of three banned legendaries...--Shiningpikablu252 18:03, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, I thought that those ones were on the list of Banned Pokémon for the Battle Tower. My mistake. Diachronos 16:52, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Does Palmer appear if you do double battles, or does he only appear in single battles? Also, to make him appear after 21 wins, do you have to just get a 7 trainer winning streak 3 times (3 battles) or do you have to get a 7 trainer streak 21 times? Zapdos 01:54, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- I assume it'd mean 3 passes through. TTEchidnaGSDS! 02:02, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
Any evidence he is married with rivals mother?
? MathijsP 11:52, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Because why not? I think it's more far likely they're married than just "having a son". It's Pokémon World, where everything is perfect, including love. --Maxim 17:43, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Having a son != Being married. With the way pearl goes running around making passing mention of his father in the game, I know I originally thought it was a parental abandonment thing. Lnodiv 05:45, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Is the recoil part of the trivia (If Palmer's last Pokemon is defeated by a recoil move or an item that causes recoil and the recoil makes the player's Pokemon faint, the game will treat it as though the player is the one who lost the battle.) really significant? This happens any time there is a draw in the Battle Frontier, not just against Palmer. - unsigned comment from JacobCrystal (talk • contribs)
- And, indeed, in a battle anywhere else. I shall remove this. —darklordtrom 05:25, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- It was changed to BrightPowder in Platinum. --The Great Butler 00:33, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Just wondering, but where is it confirmed that Palmer has Dragonite in the anime? --Mr.lol 17:43, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- Checkout (watch) DP141 and you will get your answer. --♫♪Adyniz♪♫ 05:09, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
Palmer's Rhyperior Page
Am I the only person who thinks that Palmer's Rhyperior deserves it's own page? I mean, all the Generation III Frontier Brains have a page for one of their Pokémon (except Tucker) and it had a pretty major role in DP141 compared to some of the others so I really think Rhyperior deserves an article to itself. Does anyone agree? Watchermark 18:08, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with you. There should be an articles for Palmer's Rhyperior as Watchermark said. --♫♪Adyniz♪♫ 01:32, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
What roster does Palmer use in HG/SS? Chomper4 16:35, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
What does he say in heartgold/soulsilver?
He Obviously does not say what he does in platinum... --Foper 08:26, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- I would really like to know this too. --DSDark 20:54, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
Err, shouldn't this be expalined more clearly? I don't even know when you get to battle him, coz it's not explained. E.g What does it mean by "[insert number here]th consecutive battle etc? Silver Eevee talk? contribs! 09:59, 29 November 2009 (UTC), yeah, I'm a noob.
- It means that you need to battle 20 trainers, and he is the 21st challenger. I fail to see what's hard to understand.--User:DCM 14:21, 29 November 2009 (UTC)