- Gaa, the etymology they gave makes no sense at all. That said, the two major words for river, 川 and 河, do not have kun as a possible reading:
- ka (name-reading)
- ko (name-reading)
- sawa (name-reading)
- kaQ (name-reading)
- ko (name-reading)
- kō (name-reading)
- That said... there may be rarer readings not in the dictionary, and less common words for river. I note a very similar looking character is in fact read kun, 訓 -- instruction. - 振霖T 08:19, 26 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Why is this at "Suicune (Pokémon)"? Isn't it established that this is a Pokemon? WhisperToMe 19:46, 14 January 2006 (CST)
- Have you, perchance, not seen Bulbasaur (Pokémon) or Ivysaur (Pokémon) and so-on? This is the way things are done here. Get used to it. - 振霖T 22:01, 14 January 2006 (CST)
Shouldn't this be listed in the Legendary Pokémon template as a Version mascot, as well as a member of a Legendary trio? I realize it may seem odd to have it listed twice in the table, but it seems just as odd not to be consistent and list it under Version mascots, since it is one, after all. Dansiman 10:54, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
I don't understand the trivia... it says shiny has a blue head piece in crystal? but I see it's brownish purple. maybe it is the normal coloration, not the shiny. - unsigned comment from Hfc2x (talk • contribs)
- No, it says that it has a purple headpeice in Gold and Silver. It was CHANGED in Crystal. --Theryguy512 21:05, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
My brother has been playing LeafGreen for a while and he saved the game just BEFORE handling the sapphire to Celio (so Suicune's Nature and IVs can be random). He has caught Suicune many times now and it has different natures BUT its IVs are always 0, and they're always the same. Anyone can explain why does this happen? Or Suicune's IVs will always be 0? hfc2X 17:47, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure why you're asking us if your brother tested it and it's always been 0. If you don't believe it's always 0, you should have kept at it until it turned up otherwise. That's how information is found out, people are constantly doing things over and over to make sure they know everything about the situation. --Lustre 07:29, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
Is there a reason for using the ranger artwork? I don't have a problem with it but I just think that the pictures for the pokédex entrys should all be by Ken Sugimori, save for arceus for obvious reasons.Rucario64 00:39, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- Somehow it was decided (I think?) that Bulbapedia should use the most recent artwork for monsters. Eh. See Talk:Celebi (Pokémon). IIMarckus 02:15, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- |heartgolddex=Said to be the reincarnation of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water.
♥17:49, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
Finding Suicune in HGSS
Thought this should be included somewhere, since it took me a while to track down suicune in it's different locations: After it runs from Burnt Tower, it's found next to a house at the north of Cianwood (when Eusine battles you). It can then be found near the middle entrance to Mt Mortar. Then it's on the pathway (dock) leading to the SS Aqua in Viridian, and finally on route 14, before it appears on route 25 (next to Bill's house) where it can be battled and caught. --Oatzy 13:00, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yes... This list should be incorperated. SpecialK Leiks Lucario and the Celebi Glitch 10:37, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
Also, it can be found in the Burnt Tower AFTER defeating the Elite Four (according to serebii.net I dont know if this is true so it would be great if someone would confirm) --Moretacos 06:11, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- That is confirmed IIRC, but only if you kill the Suicune at Route 25. —darklordtrom 07:23, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
Someone just drastically edited the Origin section to say that its primary inspiration is the Qilin. Unless Game Freak said something official on the subject, there's no way something like this should go through without discussion. Some of the points the user raises are valid, but I'm not sure if the way they implemented them into the text of the article are appropriate. Any thoughts? --AndyPKMN 20:29, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
Shiny in movie picture wrong?
"A shiny Suicune appeared alongside Celebi and the other members of its trio in the thirteenth Pokémon movie, Zoroark: Master of Illusions."
Doesn't the shiny have a blue mane?
So, that's wrong, right? Or am I missing something? Miscs 11:37, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- That's not the Shiny one. It's Zoroark in disguise >_> Ataro 12:32, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- Oh right, shouldn't someone put up a picture of the shiny one? Miscs 20:02, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
I don't know why someone would add this statement without discussing it but Suicune does NOT have molar teeth.Bennell 13:39, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- 1. A Qilin has the head of a Chinese Dragon and they always have sharp teeth.
If you think about it, when it comes to a Leopard, Suicune may particularly be based loosely on a Black Panther. If you compare it with Liepard it would make sense.Bennell 13:22, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- Black panthers don't have spots and Suicune isn't black or even dark. Also, the origin section already mentions its much closer relation to a leopard.--電禅Den Zen 13:35, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
That has been edited there with without discussion. Black Panthers do have spots, they just can't be seen well.Bennell 14:11, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- Suicune doesn't have to be black or even dark to be a Black Panther.
- 1. Their background fur color can be also blue, gray, purple, or brown.
- 2. In cartoons, panthers have been portrayed having lighter colors than black which were mentioned above.
- I also said loosely.
I don't know why someone removed it from the origin section but Suicune is also based on a Gray Wolf due to it's doglike anatomy (including a longer face than the other Legendary Beasts') and it's association with the North Wind.Bennell 14:36, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
What's with all this blunt teeth nonsense?! It's teeth were never shown and it wouldn't make sense if they're blunt. They would be sharp, just like Entei's and Raikou's are.- unsigned comment from Robbie (talk • contribs)