o_O Why on Earth does Struggle have a Contest description? --Ketsuban
1) There's one template that encompasses both move and contest info. 2) Maybe Struggle just happens to have those statistics in-built anyway? - Ferret 19:00, 23 Apr 2005 (UTC)
That's what was in Meowth's database anyway. I had some discussion with him on how to prove it, and he suggested Sketching it - but in light of recent data, that wouldn't work. - 振霖T 00:37, 24 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Oops, I meant that if you have, say, a Smeargle with only one move, Sketch, and use it, and after using it in the contest, it wouldn't have any PP, so Struggle would be forced next. But since contests don't use PP, it wouldn't work to do. --Meowth346 03:36, 24 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Should we mention somewhere that Struggle, despite being Normal, seems to have no problem affecting Ghost Pokémon? Elsa
Struggle may have contest data for the same reason that Arceus has a ??? sprite; so the game wont crash if someone uses a cheating device to force Struggle to be used in a contest. 3190 11:43, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
Struggle taks off one quarter of the users HP, regardless of the damage it does. It always has when I have used it. Definately not 50% of the damage it does. File:Ani137MS.gifTESHFile:Ani233MS.gifTALKFile:Ani474MS.gif 20:53, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- In the game data. Same as for the contest stats. TTEchidna 07:24, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- That's a good question. I'd imagine not, since Rock Head and a host of other things don't. They likely didn't make it ???-type just because of the fact that ??? moves do barely anything. TTEchidna 20:14, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- That's because it's not 25% of the damage caused (if it was, Blissey would probably take less than 3 damage per use). It's 25% of the user's maximum HP. Diachronos 16:16, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- No, Struggle can't be learnt by Smeargle because it cant accually by "learnt" by any Pokémon. It just a replacement for when you've run out of options in a battle. The move will just fail. -- Clarky13 10:47, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
When used on Kecleon?
Mewtwo Strikes Back
In the final battle at the end, is this what the Pokemon are using? It seems that they are hurting themselves by attacking and Mewtwo notes that he is supressing their abilities (which could be understood to mean attacks, as 'Abilities' hadn't been introduced by that point). If so should this be noted on the page?