Talk:Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen beta
Does anybody have the locations of these islands?
- Yeah, that'd be nice. Rip png screenshots of their map locations if you can. —darklordtrom 06:15, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
Unincluded Sevii Isles
- Would "Beta Sevii Isles" or "Inaccessible Sevii Isles" make a better title? —darklordtrom 09:51, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
It seems obvious to me that "Sevii Isle 6," "Sevii Isle 7," &c. are unused routes in the Sevii Islands route system. Just look at the index numbers: if Kindle Road is route 1, then our mysterious locations correspond to routes 6–9 and 22–24. (This also gives us a definitive ordering and numbering for the Sevii Islands routes.) But why does all the discussion treat them like they're additional islands? —Typhlosion 02:30, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Because the names ingame are 'Sevii Isle 8' and 'Sevii Isle 9'. They are unused islands, not routes. Kindle Road is clearly not an island, while these are. --SnorlaxMonster 08:40, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- It actually makes sense to me that they are beta names for the routes. At some point the developers must have decided that they wanted to give them names rather than potentially confuse people with two Route 1s in the same game. —darklordtrom 23:38, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- So at some point there going to be 24 Sevii Islands? If these are "clearly islands," that's exactly what it means. But they aren't clearly islands: the map data for 'Sevii Isle 8' and 'Sevii Isle 9' are prototypical water routes, not new islands. Furthermore, the location index numbers plop these right in the middle of the Sevii Island routes; the cities all come earlier. I don't believe these location indices are evidence that there were going to be more Sevii Islands, but that the existing islands were going to be larger, incorporating more routes until the Sevii Islands were scaled back at some point in production. —Typhlosion 19:14, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- They are clearly routes as they are programmed as such, given AdvanceMap's output of their map data. I updated the article accordingly as well as the respective information on the article about the development of FireRed/LeafGreen. SatoMew 23:07, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
Is there a reason this is listed under glitches? It doesn't seem like a glitch to me. It's Funktastic~! 02:36, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- Nope. Sevii Isles 8 and 9 appear on the Town Map. Here are screenshots from Japanese FireRed/LeafGreen proving it:
- Sevii Isle 8:
- Sevii Isle 9: .