Once we figure out how Dosydon's new trait effects super effective damage, we ough to make a note with the correct variables. For now, all that's known is that "super effective damage is lessened" with it's "Hard Rock" trait. --ANinyMouse 01:29, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
I don't believe that Hard Rock lowers damage by half i think its only 33% --DSDark 02:00, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
Rhyperior in the anime
Obviously Rhyperior is a strong Pokémon, I guess it will have position in the anime. Perhaps being one of Ash/Brock/Paul's (probably Ash's) Pokémon.-Billy4b2004 02:48, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
- I doubt that Ash will get one. He rarely gets a fully evolved Pokémon unless it's one of the starters. And Brock never gets Pokémon. I say Paul is the most likely canidate. --File:Ani048MS.gifケンジFile:Ani183MS.gifガールFile:Ani123MS.gif 09:21, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
I think he would directly catch it as a Rhyperior like Noctowl.It would help him so much in the Sinnoh League battles like Snorlax, Sceptile and Charizard.And it will be Ash's first rock-type.It is better to train different types Pokémon in order to become a Pokémon master!-Billy4b2004 02:48, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think a Rhyperior is in Ash's future. For starters, the only time Ash ever caught a Pokémon that can reach a third stage as a third stage, it was on Ash's team for all of two minutes. Additionally, odds are pointing to Riolu as being Ash's sixth Pokémon and his main Fighting-type (yes, I do see Chimchar evolving, but it will be continued to be used mainly as a Fire-type), which means we'd have to rob him of one of his traditional mainstay types, most likely Turtwig, to get a Rhyhorn or Rhydon onto Ash's team.
- And if Ash were to get rid of Turtwig, odds are he'd replace it with another Grass-type such as Cherubi (which I'd see going to Dawn instead if she doesn't get a Chikorita), Tangela, or Snover. Budew's out of the picture since Nando has a Roselia, Carnivine is out of the picture since James has one, and I highly doubt Ash would catch a Grass-form Wormadam directly. --Shiningpikablu252 21:29, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
- Nope. --Shiningpikablu252 21:29, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
It's time for Ash to win a league, the Sinnoh League.He'd no longer need some small and cute Pokémon.It'd be the best for him to have Floatzel, Staraptor, Infernape, Torterra, Pikachu and Rhyperior or some strong Pokémon that fit in his team.The thing that is mentioned by Lucian in An Elite Meet and Greet! cannot be proved if Ash cannot win the Sinnoh League.-Billy4b2004 14:30, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, but Ash also talked with Drake and how to win. He still never fought the Hoenn Elite 4. The Elite 4 don't seem to be an actualy challenge in the anime, so much as just the people considered the 4 strongest.
- Forget Rhyperior for Ash's sixth Pokémon if he faces the Sinnoh Elite 4. He should get a Riolu that eventually eveolves into a Lucario. He's already done things with Aura and with a Lucario, so he should get one in Sinnoh. Diachronos 16:40, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Not Worth Noting
"Similar to Magmortar, Rhyperior can shoot things from its arms."
Rhyperior isn't the last rock type in the National Dex. Probopass is. Should that note in Trivia be deleted? GigaMetroid99 13:56, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Does it seem to anyone else that Rhyperior is based on a stereotypical miner? The ring of orange rocks around its waist resembles a miner's belt, and the rocks on its shoulders resemble suspender straps. And the horns on its head could represent the helmet light. Compare these two:
- --Celebi96 14:25, 28 March 2009 (UTC)