| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
- 1 Bred moves
- 2 Paper Crane
- 3 Porygon and Team Rocket
- 4 Intro of the movies
- 5 Platinum
- 6 4 Signature Moves!?
- 7 Porygon fits body style 5 better then 7
- 8 LEGO
- 9 Number 1337
- 10 "Wild" Porygon in the Trophy Garden
- 11 Anyone notice
- 12 Edit request
- 13 Old picture.
- 14 #137
- 15 Not first man-made Pokémon?
- 16 Irony
is it just me or does Porygon look like a paper crane
Well...sort of, in the sense they're both 'squarey'. If Pokemon in My Pokemon Ranch look like origami, does that mean Porygon will look normal? Bttsstewart 13:54, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Porygon and Team Rocket
Doesn't it strike all of you as suspicious that initially, Porygon is ONLY obtainable through a Team Rocket-run establishment? Not to mention, Porygon was developed in Pokémon Lab, which presumably has some connection to the Pokémon Mansion, where Mewtwo was supposedly created in the games? And as we all know, anime-wise anyway, Team Rocket was responsible for Mewtwo. AND, the only in-game trainers that use Porygon are in league with Team Rocket! So, is it possible that Porygon was, in fact, created by Team Rocket scientists? I'm Missingno. Master, and I approve this message. 13:43, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm. This is a kind of cross-canon analysis. Maybe note this? Just don't get too into "OMGZ PORYGON IZ TR'S!!" TTEchidna 16:52, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
Intro of the movies
The trivia section states that Porygon's been in the intro of one movie - however, I think several movie sections state that "like the other movie, Porygon is shown in the intro yada yada".. I think I've seen this mentioned in at least four movies, but to be honest, I've never paid attention to whether or not Porygon is in a movie, so could someone please clarify this? Sipulichu 18:22, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- The trivia links to Pokémon Heroes. The movie's trivia section states that the intro for this movie was the same as the ones before it. I do remember seeing a Porygon in at least one movie, it was peering from behind a fence. I think that was the fifth movie, but I don't remember the intro of the first four. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 18:50, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- The "Pokémon World" opening was only used for the fourth and fifth movies. In the appearances section of the article it stated it was used for "the first five movies" and the trivia section stated it was used for only "one of the movies". I changed both statements XD Moltres93 12:06, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Any truth to the rumors that you can get one pre-national dex on pokemon platinum? That's what it says here (you have to scroll a bit down). It'd be stunning news if it were true... But I havn't seen anyone talk about it, even to say it's fake. Noname
Yes you get it in Veilstone City from a guy in the house just above the PokeCenter. 25th level given free. And of course as an event based pokemon save and reset until you get what you like. ( Mine has IVs of 30HP-25ATT-29DEF-23SA-15SD-29SP give or take one on each stat ) - unsigned comment from Chromehawk (talk • contribs)
4 Signature Moves!?
I thought there were only 3: Sharpen, Conversion, and Conversion 2. If there is a 4th one (and I doubt there is), what is it? I really don't think there is one, though, because the trivia says that Porygon is tied with Vespiquen for having the most signature moves, and she only has 3: Attack Order, Defend Order, and Heal Order. - unsigned comment from SharKing (talk • contribs)
- In the case for the first Generation, I believe that said Signature Move would be Tri-Attack. Though it has changed in later generations, it did not change the fact that only a handful of Pokemon can learn this move. HechEff 03:02, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- True... But Tri-Attack was still pretty 'rare' in terms of who can learn it back then, no? HechEff 14:34, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- It was a TM. IIMarckus 00:27, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- Zap Cannon, Sharpen, Conversion, and Conversion 2. Tri attack was naturally learned by Magneton, Dodrio, and Dugtrio anyway. Zap Cannon expanded after Gen I. --- Aura-Knight 00:31, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Porygon fits body style 5 better then 7
I changed the body style to 5 because it fits Porygon better. I did the same with Porygon2 (which had nothing on the talk page) and changed Porygon-Z to body type 9. Yami 19:23, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
I was on LEGO.com one day and I noticed that one of the creations was a Porygon! From your friendly neighborhood Charizard--User:Ultamatecharizard
Did anyone notice that Porygon's Kanto/National number (#137) is very close to "1337" which is Internet Speak for "leet"? It references the fact that it is a Pokémon made entirely out of coding. Even if it were an unlikely coincidence, it still is pretty cool! -- Zedd 20:10, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
- If it's a coincidence, that's a very good one. Thanks for pointing it out! HechEff 23:41, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- While it wasn't before the creation of 1337, I'd doubt that the (at the time) underground American Hacker culture was relevant to the dex number to Japanese makers. --- Aura-Knight 00:38, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
"Wild" Porygon in the Trophy Garden
While technically true, isn't it because they were 'released' into the garden by Urayama/Mr.Backlot? HechEff 23:40, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Indeed, that is why. Well, it's because they were placed by his SERVANT, actually, but, close enough. The Dark Fiddler - Nos hablamos? 23:45, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Which got me curious; considering the fact that Porygon has both states of being either data (energy?) and material (as a Pokémon) at a given time. Though they will be considered "wild" when released, it is certainly not in the same sense as wild Pidgey or even "naturally occured" Legendary Pokemon... HechEff 02:55, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Everyone is talking about how it wasn't Porygon who caused the seizures but yet Porygon is banned. Well, I think I have a good reason why, but i need some aproval. Does anyone think that Porygon could be banned because of itself being both blue nad red. It should only be put in trivia because it is pure speculation. -- Landfish7 01:19, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- What? Its banned because of the colors it is? WRONGDCM((Mock MeEdits)) 01:23, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- |heartgolddex=It is a manmade Pokémon. Since it doesn't breathe, people are eager to try it in any environment.
♥02:46, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
Why is Porygon-Z in the "Curse" section of the Trivia?--Makupe 22:05, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
Why does the picture of Porygon come from Pokemon Red and Green? Can someone tell me if I've done something wrong with this (i'm relatively new). 20:55, 1 September 2010. Pikabuddy II 08:55, 1 September 2010 (UTC) User: Pikabuddy II
- TTE's introduced some coding that makes it show the older art on the anniversaries of release of certain games. Today's the anniversary of RB, so the Gen I Pokémon get their Gen I art. Note that the Main Page is also red and blue for the same reason. Werdnae (talk) 09:21, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
Zedd already brought up the possible reference to 1337, but I think the more likely alternative is that is was based on the Fine-Structure Constant since it is a scientific Pokémon. Frankjohnson123 21:22, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
Not first man-made Pokémon?
According to Golurks Pokédex entry: "It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them." Does that mean that Golurk were actually the first Pokémon that were man-made? Pikiwyn talk 16:09, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm, I don't know... May be the first in the overall timeline, but Porygon was released first. Questioner 21:15, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
- Do you care to explain your reasoning? I don't see how this is ironic at all. Do you mean because it's electronic and therefore can't taste? Because I'd say (a) that's really more coincidental than ironic, and (b) it's also completely trivial and isn't worth adding to the article. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:44, 29 December 2012 (UTC)