Talk:Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions
So what's the change in the decision? Did Evkl change his mind? I think these combined pages are going to be crowded when listing differences. And it makes other pages like Green, Yellow, and Emerald stick out.
The differences can be listed in separate articles, if they are going to be at all. A summary can be given on this main article, like Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver have different sets of wild Pokémon obtainable. But, I think such a list can be presented compactly like this:
|Also in Crystal|
Of course, you could vastly simplify it since we aren't discussing Pokémon Crystal. Here's the logic to decide which Pokémon goes where: If a Pokémon is in:
- all 3: don't list.
- none of the 3: don't list.
- in Gold and Silver only: list with a b c
- in Gold only: list with d e f
- in Silver only: list with g h i
- in Gold and Crystal only: list with k l m
- in Silver and Crystal only: list with n o p
I think we shouldn't compare with the third of the series in these paired articles though, that can be done in the article for the third game itself.
I can't really think of any other major differences that would require such a detailed explanation though.
I removed this sentence, since evolutionary stones and trade evolutions were quite obviously already introduced in Generation I. -Pat 06:13, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- That's not what it said. It said that GSC introduced new evo methods other than leveling, stones, or trading. It did not say that it introduced stones and trading as new evo methods other than leveling. IIMarckus 06:17, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
isn't it a bit strange that its Diamond/Gem Pearl/Gem Platinum/Metal? now lets Look at this
Gold/Metal Silver/Metal? The name hints it!!
OR they could be pulling a Crystal on Us? Dakclaw 07:46, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
- What are you saying? That Plantinum is the GS remake? I'd doubt it, why would Johto have a Spear Pillar? Posted by the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links07:51 17 May 2008
- What i'm Saying is that in Crystal at the end of the game you can travel to Kanto maybe in Platinum ::you can travel to Johto at the end of the game Dakclaw 07:53, 17 May 2008 (UTC)