Talk:Pokémon Emerald Version
New areas including the Safari Zone Huh? The Safari Zone was already there--or do you mean new areas *in* the Safari Zone?
I think whoever made this meant in the Safari zone. I'll edit it..LedianX 23:07, 11 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- 1 Release Date
- 2 Question
- 3 Stub classification
- 4 Shinies
- 5 Broken PRNG
- 6 Was this mentioned
- 7 Gameplay changes
- 8 um...
- 9 Missing Pokémon?
- 10 Missing Sprites
- 11 Can't read my game
- 12 What's the fastest repeatable way to earn Pokedollars here?
- 13 "Final main series game of generation 3"?
- 14 Are Surskit and Masquerain missing Pokémon?
- 15 Built on FR&LG?
- 16 Missing Pokémon
The Article says Emerald was released elsewhere on April 23rd yet the US release date is listed as May 1st, that needs fixing. - MTC 14:00, 5 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Probably the wrong place to ask, but if I get my Pokémon above level 50 before getting the badge that lets you control level 70 Pokémon, will it still obey me?--ObsessedMinunFan 19:51, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
Why is this article a stub? It's true that this game doesn't have information on it's plot or anything but most of it is repeated from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. I noticed the same thing in regards to Yellow and Crystal too. What can be done to remove these articles of their stub-status without repeating almost all of the information from their respective prequels (i.e. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire to Emerald)? Kochdude388 00:19, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- That's a good question, really. I think that what the goal should be for all of them is to elevate them to the same length and quality as that of the article on Diamond and Pearl. I think the most basic thing to de-stub-ize those articles would be to make sure that the length of the text is greater than that of the editbox. TTEchidna 01:10, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Umm... This is probably a stupid question, but, are there any shinies in Emerald. Glalie ex
...seriously, are there actual shiny animated sprites in Emerald's code or something? Because like.. I dunno, it's just weird that all of the sources I go to have 'Missing' or nothing in the shiny Emerald sprite section. :S Tina δ♫ 19:04, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I have seen some, such as the infamous shiny Rayquaza. I believe that these people are just like you, Tin, they believe that animated sprites are a pain in the neck to look at and they think "Who would want to use such asshole images anyway?" Optimatum♏Talk|♊12:22 5 Apr 2008
I had a shiny Bellosom and Manectric, saw Shiny Aipom, but I migrated the former 2 into Diamond, but my dad literally broke it, so they don't exist anymore, along with all of my miragated and special Pokemon--Kuki 12:33, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- Not the place to be worrying about split milk. Cry, cry and cry again. Optimatum♏Talk|♊12:41 5 Apr 2008
Look at TTE's page, he cried over losing Hot Psycho and Sharking Shiny Scizor that ruined the game!--Kuki 12:43, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
Is this statement actually true? Is there any kind of proof that can approve this theory? Pokemon lover 15:24, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes, it is true. Did you not see the link I included? Basically what it means is that if you restart the game (power off/on, not restart save) and move the same, you will encounter the same pokemon. If you really need more proof, I can get tsanth in here, and he can tell you so much about it that you'll wonder why you ever thought you knew Pokémon at all. Really though, just read the article- it says all you need to understand it. NonaSuomi 19:37, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
OK. Thanks for clearing me up. Just another question though: is this some sort of bug or glitch or is it a decision that the developers came to to make things this way? Pokemon lover 10:30, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
Well it's impossibly to know either way unless somebody asks, but given that every other game to date (including Diamond and Pearl) use proper seeding methods, I'd say it's safe to assume that they screwed up on it. NonaSuomi 13:22, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
Was this mentioned
In the mixing records room the panel are the same color as the first generation games did anyone mentioned that?--Pokéboy93 01:11, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Unlike in Ruby and Sapphire one cannot trade non-native species into the game until the Pokédex is upgraded. At least in my experience. the game refuses to let me trade a totodile and Pidgy into the game in oldale town. I was able to do this in Ruby but not Emerald. -- D558 05:22, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
I know u ppl usually want this kinda questions on teh forums, but I have no idea how to use them so please forgive me for posting it here, but I've heard something about a Pokémon Emerald remake. And hints like the new Pokéball pattern on the Poké Center floor being light green and every hoenn legendary has been available in someway as of Generation IV with the exception of Latios and Latias and they would appear if a emerald remake were made. is this true?--Darknesslover5000 04:22, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- It hasn't been confirmed and I sincerely doubt it. I strongly encourage you to learn to use the forums. They aren't that hard, and they can be a lot of fun. —darklordtrom 04:49, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
ok, I'll see. thank you--Darknesslover5000 05:43, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
All of this is incorect i have encountered and caught all this pokemon in emerald without trading.So whats it about?--Solid! 12:06, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- I highly doubt that. They are the version exclusive Pokémon for Emerald, just renamed as "missing Pokémon" because instead of being exclusive to that game (they are found in Ruby and Sapphire), they are missing from the game. Only Surskit can be caught in Emerald, after records have been mixed with one of the other games. —darklordtrom 12:08, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
Kind of noticed lately, a lot of the Pokemon Emerald shiny sprites are missing. Not a problem, just kind of noticed. =C ShinyGlaceon 13:49, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
- We've noticed. They're kind of a pain to rip, it seems. And they're pretty hard to find. Bear with us here. ▫▪Ťïňắ ♫♥ 16:23, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
Can't read my game
Ok, I need help here. When I insert my Emerald into Slot 2 of my DS, one of four things happens: 1) my DS correctly interprets it as a GBA game but fails to interpret what game it is, 2) my DS can't read the game and says there is no GBA game, 3) my DS starts the game until the title screen, at which point it freezes, or 4) my DS interprets it as a DS Option Pak. I HAVE used a GameShark on it. Have I destroyed the game cart or something? Pokered4000 03:50, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
- Quite probably. You'd probably get a better response for this if you ask in the Bulbagarden forums. Click the link on the sidebar and navigate to the appropriate forum. —darklordtrom 07:26, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
- I would post on the forums, but the forums won't accept my login.
What's the fastest repeatable way to earn Pokedollars here?
On my VisualBoy Advance, I'd like to figure out how I can keep earning Pokedollars repeatedly? Since I have a speed-up button, the pace shouldn't be a problem.
Also, that money-making activity would be a nice tidbit to add to the article. Thanks. --Tanaka Shimoya 11:21, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Beat the elite 4 with an amulet coin? Using VBA, you may as well just go the whole hog and use an action replay code. Mattrules161 20:26, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
"Final main series game of generation 3"?
Did this come out before Pokemon XD? Tokeupdude 11:02, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
Are Surskit and Masquerain missing Pokémon?
Should be Surskit and Masquerain removed from the Missing Pokémon list? They both appear in Swarms, without trading from Ruby and Sapphire, so they are not technically Missing Pokémon. --JaVi 15:37, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, Surskit doesn't appear unless you mix records with either Ruby or Sapphire. - Blazios talk 15:49, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me. --JaVi 09:30, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
Built on FR&LG?
In the Trivia section, it is stated that Emerald was built on FireRed and LeafGreen. This is incorrect. I have looked extensively at the inner workings of R&S, FR&LG, and Emerald, and can confirm that Emerald's code is almost identical to that of R&S, with very few changes. The mechanics of FR&LG are completely different from the others by comparison. The "evidence" listed is simply a few small changes that were added to the R&S engine, and doesn't state anything about the game's code. Shall I update this section to correct this? Pacter 20:18, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- No, Pokemon Emerald was definitely not built off of FireRed and LeafGreen. FireRed and LeafGreen were built off of Ruby and Sapphire. However, Emerald is built off RUby and Sapphire, being a third version. Similar to Crystal, Blue (JP), Platinum , etc. User:JacobTheDoduo 10:34, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
It would be good to add second table with Pokemon cought only in FireRed/LeafGreen.
Jut like it's done in Crystal.
- We already have a missing Pokémon section that has the Pokémon that are available in R/S but not Emerald.
- Making a list of Pokémon available in FR/LG and not available in Emerald would be a bad idea since the list would be too long. TheBlazikenMaster (talk) 18:52, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
- Also, the reason why a list like that worked for Pokémon Crystal is because there are less than 20 Pokémon from RBY that aren't available in Crystal. But I believe there are over 50 Pokémon available in FR/LG that aren't available in emerald. Regardless it would be pretty pointless. TheBlazikenMaster (talk) 22:08, 20 March 2013 (UTC)