Does transferring to Gen4 this way count as a trade? Meaning, if you send a Machoke over, will it evolve?
No, it counts as a capture. Essentially you're releasing the Pokemon into the wilds of the Pal Park for it to be captured by another character. --Zeta 04:29, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
Here's a minor question - does Flash count as an HM move? Because it's an HM in GIII and a TM in GIV. So would it have to be removed to transfer? --Zeta 20:21, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. Any move that is an HM move in any Generation III or IV game counts as an HM move. --Shiny NoctowlTalk|Trivia quizFile:224MS.gif 23:26, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
I've been told that you can only access Pal Park after defeating the Elite Four-is this true? If so, this information needs to be put in the article. --Lime 19:16, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Well, yeah, but you need to beat the Elite Four to get the National Dex...--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 08:44, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Umm, False :-P, you have to also defeat the elite four. So before you go "False" people, rudely I might add, check your facts. Uses Wikipedia Alot 17:55, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- Err, My couz has gotten the National Dex before he beat the elite four...he saw all the Pokémon then got beaten up by Cynthia's Lucario...Optimus35 07:22, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
Ok, when I start my game, nothing affects the menu. It doesn't say Migrate from FireRed in my Diamond. I already have the National Dex, and I have beaten the E4. Now what? I also saved there and there is a FireRed game in the DS's GBA slot.Trainer Siblings Takumi and Mari 13:14, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Are you using a regular DS or DS lite? The regular DS holds the game in much better, so be sure that the cartridge is all the way in before you turn on the DS. You also might have to save at a Pokémon Center in FR, but I'm not sure, because I always do anyway. TTEchidna 20:25, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Have you visited the pal park at least once already? maybe the optione needs to be triggered there as well. Kendai
Pal Park areas?
Should the Pokémon that can be found in the different Pal Park areas be on this page or on a separate one? Also, should that be listed in the infobox for the Pokémon species? TTEchidna 23:26, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- The best place in the species articles would probably be the locations section.
- The list by areas may be best on a seperate page just because of how many there are. --FabuVinny T-C-S 12:40, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
Transfer from Johto ???
I've just noticed that there is a possibility of getting a Pokémon from Johto.... I admit, I used a hacking method, Pokesav precisely. I wonder what does it mean? Maybe a GSC remake ...? Piotr mil 18:27, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- The hackers did note that interesting piece of data a while ago. It doesn't affect this article, though, since a GS remake would be for DS, not GBA. --FabuVinny T-C-S 20:06, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
Should the girl that hands the Color Changer and Kitchen Timer apps over be noted in this article?Josh 00:46, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
I don't think so. They could just check the Poketch article ~Mr.lol
I plan on transferring my Mudkip from my Emerald version to my Diamond version, but it knows some HM moves...is there any way I can replace them? ~ Shippinator Mandy 07:18, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, re-teach them after the transfer.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 07:30, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- You'd have to delete them at the move deleter's house before the transfer, dump the Mudkip into Pal Park, and finally, reteach the moves (except Dive, sorry) in DP. TTEchidna 09:20, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
According to a quick look-over of a chart on the back of a tear-out map from the "ultimate national pokédex" it seems two pokemon outside of legendary and starter pokémon, Tangela and Tropius, MUST be imported through pal park before any more can be obtained by breeding. Interesting to note that they are both grass type and have english names starting with the letter T. Kendai