Talk:Main Page/Archive 6
- 1 Logo filename
- 2 Moves/Attacks?
- 3 Pokémon Template
- 4 Featured Article
- 5 Flavor text
- 6 TCG pages
- 7 Don't mean to impose, but...
- 8 Movesets
- 9 Did You Know?
- 10 Uploading...
- 11 "Bulbapedia"?
- 12 Loading Speed?
- 13 Uploading
- 14 pokedex
- 15 Loading speed kills my 45 minute edit
- 16 Brendan's hat
- 17 Links
- 18 Operation Move Out!!!
- 19 Dude, Archive these now B4 its TOO LATE!!!
- 20 Special Pages
- 21 ALAKAZAM A HACK? NO IT ISN'T!
- 22 ☆♪δ♥Femman☆☆
What is the file name of the Bulbapedia logo? I though it would be Wiki.png, as usual, but alas.. User:Jellochuu/s 21:15, 23 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Well, what's the logo's file name? KFan II 15:42, 11 October 2005 (CDT)
Anyone still care about this? It's "Bulbapedia_logo.png". --Marty 22:10, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
I've noticed that people have been saying both "moves" and "attacks" when refering to Pokémon attacks, what are we sticking with? I say attacks, I think that's the official name for them. Once we decide Bulbapedia:Manual_of_style should probably mention it. - Ferret 22:34, 27 Feb 2005 (UTC)
I think the actual name for moves is technique, but I referrenced move in one article, because that's how they are in the wiki... for example, I think there's a "Hydro Cannon (move)" article. -GreenGiant
I just checked my Silver and Sapphire English booklets (the ones that come with the game). They both use "Move" to refer to the attacks. To add to it, using "Move" keeps consistent with any place that may use the term "Moveset". --Meowth346 20:52, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
R/B manual calls them both abilities and techniques. Fr/Lg manual says moves. The G/S manual calls them MOVEs. Okay I give up, we'll call them moves.... - Ferret 05:14, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Gold ☆ for you.--LucarioProf
Is it ready yet? If not, why? What is missing, what needs tweaking? I want to start the Pokémon pages. - Ferret 11:11, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Hijacked it to "SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT" because I needed to address some things. I'll rever it next week, probably. If anyone modifies my announcement, except for spelling, expect a blocking. I'll remove it when it's ready to be removed. Evkl 21:53, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Whoever's putting "Flavor text" above the Pokédex data INSTEAD of the phrase "Pokédex data", please stop. I appreciate what you're doing by adding the Emerald Version data, but I can't go through and fix it all. Will the next person to edit these pages fix it back? Thanks much. --Doug teh H-Nut 7:37 PM EST, Jul 15 2005
If I'm not mistaken, I've just made the first TCG page on Bulbapedia. Spoink (EX Dragon 73). Could someone make that into a template for the rest of the TCG pages and see if there's anything I could do to make it better? It's numbered like the red links on Bulbasaur's page. Thanks. --Doug teh H-Nut 11:32 AM EST; Jul 20 2005
Don't mean to impose, but...
Have you considered using the setup given by the Pokémon WikiProject at Wikipedia? The articles seems to be more a guide on how they are in the games, instead of their relevance in the game/anime/manga/TCG. Compare Wikipedia:Bulbasaur with Bulbasaur, for instance. - A Link to the Past 00:02, 7 September 2005 (CDT)
- Bulbasaur is now a Featured article on Wikipedia, in case you may be interested. Celestianpower 12:39, 12 March 2006 (CST)
Should we give mention to particular movesets of Pokémon or mention of certain Pokémon that are overpowered (Blissey, Skarmory, Dodrio, Snorlax, etc.)? - A Link to the Past 14:38, 11 September 2005 (CDT)
Did You Know?
Actually, I believe in the Seafoam Islands episodes and a couple of others, Ash changes into summer clothes - a orange shirt and little swimtrunks.
- You can update it yourself: Template:Main Page/Did you know - 振霖T 20:02, 14 December 2005 (CST)
- It doesn't matter, since we need a new set anyway. FabuVinny 11:09, 15 December 2005 (CST)
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is uploading disabled on Bulbapedia?
- Because uploading for both the Bulbapedia and Bulbanews is done on the Bulbagarden Archives - the Upload Media link on the side navigation should take you there. --Pie 01:55, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
Just out of curiosity, why is the Pokemon Wiki named Bulbapedia? Pikapedia sounds more like wiki, and Pikachu is the unfficial mascot for Pokemon, not to mention one that everyone knows. My seven year-old brother, who has never watched an episode in his life or played a game (obviously) knows what a Pikachu is. Just a question. Tysis 19:57, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
- I think it's because Bulbapedia was created with the help of Bulbagarden, another Pokémon web site. Don't quote me on that though, because I'm not 100% sure that's correct. --PAK Man 04:01, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- With the help of? It's part of Bulbagarden. Look up in the URL, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net.
- Besides. Bulbasaur's #001 in the Pokédex, makes more sense than Pikachu in that regard. Tom Temprotran 08:01, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- Bulbapedia, Bulbanews, Bulbacast... It's a Bulbagarden project so it gets the "Bulba" prefix. --FabuVinny 15:36, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
Oh, well that does make more sense. I didn't know about all the other "Bulba" stuff. Well in that case, never mind. But if it was just a stand-alone wikia, I still think "Pikapedia" would make more sense and sound better. Tysis 14:36, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- Pikapedia might to Nintendo, but that's because they overhype Pikachu. It's not even that good, even when evolved. Now Ampharos, that's a good Electric-type. But if anything, if not Bulbapedia, it should be Poképedia. Not that I'm saying we should ever change it. I like Bulbapedia. Tom Temprotran 01:17, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Hi there, I've noticed that lately that Bulbapedia pages have taken a while to load, so I looked up the speed on Alexa.com. It said the average time it took to load a page was 6.9 seconds. Is there some way to increase the speed (decrease the loading time)? If so would someone do it? (Of course it's not top priority.)Thanks! --Mudkiplover56 00:17, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. Please donate to the Bulbagarden server fund so that we can afford a faster server. This server is being pushed beyond its limits lately due to the increased traffic caused by the US release of DP. - 振霖T 08:51, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
How come uploading is disabled and the Upload Media button takes you to a different wiki?--X66x66 22:54, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Images on Bulbagarden Archives can be used on both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews. --FabuVinny T-C-S 22:57, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, ok. Now to make an account on the Bulbagarden Archives!--X66x66 23:00, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
Hey, this site should have some sort of a pokedex thing where when you click on a pokemon it gives you it's description.--Jon mew 16:00, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
- List of Pokémon by National Dex number pretty much does that. --FabuVinny T-C-S 17:04, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Oh I didn't notice that, thanks.--Jon mew 17:07, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Loading speed kills my 45 minute edit
I spent about 45 minutes changing the list of Water type Pokemon into a convenient table as with most of the type articles. However, due to the loading times, my edit was, for some reason, lost. I tried going back but was unable to. I only managed to edit the list of pure Water-types, but spent most of that time editing the list of dual types, none of which went through. Currently only the pure Water types have been added into a table. This really irritates me because I was planning on table-afying the other type articles, but now I don't feel like literally wasting more time...will the server load ever go back to normal? ShadowUltra 22:01, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
hey there should be something about technology, like vehicles, robots, that sort of stuff in the pokemon series.--Jon mew 13:53, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
hey how do you put a title on these pages.--Jon mew 13:55, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- You mean something like the Loading speed kills my 45 minute edit heading? It's very easy to do. All you do is type in the following: ==TITLE GOES HERE== and you have your title. Of course, you'll probably want to replace TITLE GOES HERE with what your comment is actually about. --PAK Man Talk 20:20, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
Really, I thought Brendan does wear a hat. I mean, if he doesn't, that means he has white hair. Even in an anime that has purple and green-haired people as normal, I've never seen them put a boy with regular white hair. The Glalie Guy
- Eh, well, if it is a hat, it's a really, really weird one... after all, it seems to be more like hair. --TTEchidna 17:02, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
- It is a hat. He has black/brown hair under it.--Zwåjkl 18:00, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'm sorry but I personally believe that's his hair. And you don't know. His hair could be two toned. White on top black on the bottom. If it is a hat then it's got to be the weirdest one I've seen. -- Kenji Girl
- It is a hat. He has black/brown hair under it.--Zwåjkl 18:00, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
I'm new to Bulbapedia and would really like to contribute, but I'm having trouble creating links to other Bulbapedia pages. I attempted to create a link to the Diamond and Pearl page (see "In the TCG" in the Munchlax article), but it appeared red and, when clicked, gave me that "there is no such article" stuff. Please help! Politoed666 16:43, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
Operation Move Out!!!
(Just like the exodus of german scientists to America during World War II!) Since the Wikipedia pokemon articles are in danger of being deleted, I made it my duty to add the info to the Bulbapedia articles from Wikipedia, starting with this one!!! If anyone would like to join me, just email me. MudkipNDS 19:29, 19 July 2007 (UTC) SAYS MARIO...
- Wikipedia isn't deleting the articles. They're only redirecting them. --PAK Man Talk 19:33, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Dude, Archive these now B4 its TOO LATE!!!
List of Pokémon (441-460) the above article on wikipedia hasn't deleted all of the pokemons' articles YET!!! I suggest that somebody preserve the information on Bulbapedia b4 its too late!!! Ps sry 4 the lck of grmr bn in a rush l8lythemaestro2.0 05:35, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
- As I stated on the Forums, they're not deleting the information, they're only redirecting it. You can still access the history of it if it's being redirected. It's not that big of a deal. --PAK Man Talk 15:38, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
Heh heh....sorry for overreacting... themaestro2.0 17:04, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
I'm wondering, who updates the special pages, they're a month behind. Glalie exδ species (guy)
- Those are usually refreshed automatically. I believe Zhen turned off the updating in order to reduce server strain. He did not leave me many instructions when he left, so unfortunately I don't know how to make them update again. We'll have to wait until he returns. Sorry. It's bugging me, too. --Pie ~♪♫ 18:08, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
ALAKAZAM A HACK? NO IT ISN'T!
Listen up, people! Today I traded a baby Lv. 1 Turtwig for a Lv. 46 Alakazam, its nickname UpESP. I got it from a trainer named Bera, whose name was in suspicious red font. But here's the weird part! The Alakazam was caught with a Dusk Ball in Victory Road on Mar. 4, 2007!!! Reasons for this suspicion that UpESP is a hack is first, it was caught in Victory Road, but the real fact is that wild Alakazam don't exist, and you can only get an Alakazam through trading Kadabra. Second, the trainer is English, but the date caught was Mar. 4, 2007, a month before Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was released in America. I'll repeat the facts for you again: Caught at Lv. 46 in Victory Road on Mar. 4, 2007, by Trainer Bera, ID No. 45853, Nickname UpESP, and traded to me at Lv. 46. Sorry if I overreacted. Respond to me on my talk or under this message. Thank you. By the way, ignore the random message at the end. Not that funny... themaestro2.0 03:03, 2 August 2007 (UTC) HUNGRY!!! - BBC Lady in The Idiot's Lantern, Doctor Who
- Oh. Sorry for overreacting. AGAIN!!! I was guessing actually that the red font was for female trainers. Thanks anyway.
themaestro2.0 15:27, 2 August 2007 (UTC)
OK. Dude/Dudette this cursed Alakazam Is not a hack. Reason No. 1: OF COARSE IT WOULD BE THAT DATE! THE GAME IS JAPANESE! IT WAS RELEASED IN JUNE! (in japan). Reason No. 2: The person you got it from is a female. A WOMAN! I have Pokémon Diamond (male) AND Pokémon Pearl (Female) The girl's Pokémon Text name is in red, the boy's, BLUE! You have a twisted sence of CUCKOO goin on in yo brain.
PK54 10:34, August 5 2007 (UTC)
Y'all pokémon hackers think you're so smart? Making up your own pokemon and such? WELL LAY OF MOES TO THE FOES! I made my own glitch pokemon with a real pokemon counerpart! The real pokemon? Bulsquirmandchu. The glitch? ☆♪δ♥Femman☆☆ AKA: Starsingzzove♀♂strar Put Em together? ☆♪δ♥♀♂☆☆ or starsingzzoveFemmanstrar. THAT'S A MOUTH FULL! and ☆♪δ♥♀♂☆☆ Doesn't do anything to your game! It's the super form of Missingno. only available on my pokemon Diamond.
PK54 10:34, August 5 2007 (UTC)