Talk:List of Pokémon by Unova Pokédex number
- 1 Semi-newly Announced Pokemon
- 2 Pikachu Discussion
- 3 Needs Speculation and Current Event tags
- 4 Reshiraram and Zekrom Types
- 5 Is it really necessary?
- 6 Romanization inconsistencies
- 7 Just one question before the pre-release of the games...
- 8 No Pikachu
- 9 Basurao?
- 10 Minezumi's number
- 11 National Dex numbers
Semi-newly Announced Pokemon
This article needs to be update to include the two newer pokemon revealed. Gigaiasu and Mamanbou.
Would it be safe to assume that Mamanbou is atleast a Water type?
--Paperstraw 19:31, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
Edit 2: Added the new Pika-clone from the Bus Demo, Emonga, plus Gigaiasu and Shikijika's type.--A Tell-Tale Heart 02:11, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
Edit 3: Swana and Kurumiru need to be added to the list. Moguryuu's type needs to be changed to ground. And I think it's safe to say Basurao will be atleast part water.--Paperstraw 16:17, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
- I'd add that Victini's details have been revealed as well in the hopes that someone will get off their *** and write the article, but there's no point requesting an update on this page or on any other pages for that matter. The people with editing privileges will update whenever the crap they feel like it (which will probably be a month after the games are released) and not a minute sooner. Apparently the people in charge of the definitive source of Pokémon knowledge on the web have more important things to do than, say, keep up with current events or keep the wiki up to date. You know, trivial things like that.--Bad Wolf 17:00, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Victini--PhantomJunkie 17:50, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I'm sorry Jello, but I'll have to support Bad Wolf on this topic. Firstly this is an encyclopedia, something that is supposed to provide the most up-to-date information on its contents as fast as it's released, while this is not humanly possible all of the time, articles should be updated/culled atleast once per week, especially with news of a new game constantly trickling in.
You use the creation of news articles as an excuse, but there hasn't even been an average of 1 article/day, so that is not a satisfactory response in my opinion. There are currently 19 administrators on Bulbapedia, and one of them even stopped in to chastise some criticism, instead of actually editting the main article being criticized, which would have probably taken considerably less time to do, so I think it should be possible to maintain a healthy social life, while updating a couple dozen articles in a week.--Paperstraw 20:37, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- I apologize if I offended anyone here, I think I took this a little too personally, hence my comment may not have been appropriate. Speaking for myself here, I do try my hardest to do what I can here, but I'm only one person and it does get stressful. Please try to remember that we put up things that are confirmed, and are wary about putting up rumored information, so we'll always be late, but we can at least be right about it. If you think something should be updated and are not getting any response, the fastest thing would to contact an active staff member on their talk page and bring up the issue there. Thanks. —♥ Jellotalk 20:02, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
Hey- just wanted to ask something here... First of all, on the page, we listed Mamanbou as Water-Type due to the fact that it is (99% likely) an evolution of Luvdisc. Additionally, rather then keeping Musharna in "later-reveals-on-the-bottom order", we placed Musharna right after Munna, as they are related by evolution. Considering all that... Shouldn't we, similarly, place Darumakka right before Hihidaruma and state it as Fire-Type? ~m190049~talk 19:57, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, Mamanbou is listed as a Water-type because it is a fish, not because it might be an evolution of Luvdisc. In fact, given that there are only Gen V Pokémon pre-national dex, it's also likely that none of the Pokémon currently revealed have cross generation evolutions. Until it is 100% confirmed, there will be no mention of the supposed evolutionary relationship in the articles. Secondly, does the order really matter at the moment? They are all going to be changed when we get their dex numbers anyway. Werdnae (talk) 20:25, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Ah- wasn't clear on that. Although the evolution thing wasn't really the point of what I was saying- we still assumed it's type, even though it's technically not 100% confirmed, which is what I was trying to get across... Though anyway; Darumakka and Hihidaruma share obvious design aspects, colors, themes, and have similar names. It's pretty obvious they're related. Fine, there doesn't need to be a mention of the relationship in their articles- I didn't even say that anyway...- though it would still make sense to place them next to each other on this page, as we did with Musharna. As for the why does it matter thing- it doesn't. It's called aesthetics- In other words, because it looks nice- it's fun. Of course they're going to be changed when we get their dex numbers, but that shouldn't be for another month or so. We shouldn't just not care or whatever in the mean time. ~m190049~talk 20:59, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
who said pikachu's family is going to be there? coro coro said that The Isshu (Sound like issue) is located far away from the others. who said its getting special treatment (it has been used to much for such a weak pokemon. Vkickass 22:12, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- It's pretty much set in stone that Pikachu will be in there...Its appeared in all main games in the regional Dex, and it's pretty much safe to say it will be there in Black and White...--Psyライダー☮ 22:19, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
pikachu is pokemons unofficial mascot why wouldnt it be here (honestly....it should be obvious by now and they'd be idiots to stop it now) (Ataro 22:31, 12 May 2010 (UTC))
- While I agree that the Pikachu line will end up in the game at some point, we can't put it on the Regional Dex until we have confirmation that it's in the Regional Dex. It could end up being like DP's Eevee for all we know. —darklordtrom 11:50, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
This article has no "official" sources so should be tagged as such. Yes we all agree that the cutesy yellow vermin will appear in the regional dex however this has not been confirmed by any sources official or unofficial. Therefore it is entirely fan speculation at this point and this status needs to be made clear.--Beligaronia (talk) 23:12, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- See above, regarding the vermin. Tags will be put on. —darklordtrom 11:50, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- Considering that Sdex had Electabuzz and Elekid ready and in waiting at the bottom back in 2006, I don't see why we can't put that Pikachu, which is obvious, will be in the Pokédex. It's not like we're speculating that Magikarp or Geodude will be. If Pikachu's not in the regional 'dex, it's not a Pokémon game. TTEchidna 18:35, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
Reshiraram and Zekrom Types
Reshiram and Zekrom have been revealed to be Dragon types.
Is it really necessary?
Do we really need to have all the ???'s in the Pokedex? I think it would be better to organize it just by what we know, like this:
However, the unnumbered ones can remain as they were. Thoughts?--Gou 19:11, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- I partly agree since the number of new Pokémon is unknown as well as the number of previous Generation Pokémon that will be added is also undetermined. It would be a great way of dealing with speculation of the number of things that are unknown at the moment until further details are revealed. -Tyler53841 19:16, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
I was going to put this on Rankurusu's page, but since it applies to a few other Pokémon I figured I'd say it here. I noticed that Wōguru's article is entitled Wargle even though the official romanization has not been confirmed (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong). However, there are other new Pokémon whose names are partly derived from English words, but they aren't romanized as such on this page or in the article titles:
- Rankurusu should be Ranculus
- Chiramii should be Chillamii
- Giaru should be Gearu
- Meguroko should be Meguroc
- Gochikuzeru should be Gothiruzeru
- Denchura should be Dentula
I know that a lot of these names are being discussed on the individual pages, but I thought I'd list them here for discussion. Either we should change all of the article names to the ones I listed, or rename Wargle to Wooguru until the official romanization is given. We can't have one article titled with an assumed romanization (no matter how likely it may be) and leave the rest as their literal transliterations; this is, after all, an encyclopedia, and consistency is important.--Bad Wolf 07:22, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Giaru is "Gearl" in my mind. But I didn't make the article. I made Wargle. TTEchidna 00:30, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- Chillarmy is the trademarked romanization. And yeah, Gearl, makes the most sense, since gear is "gia", and adding an extra r would be pointless. Gοldenpelt 04:59, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
Just one question before the pre-release of the games...
I would think it would be possible that they will.But until there`s evidence that they are,They are as of the moment are not in the dex.But about the matter,The forum is a place to speculate this stuff not talk pages.LucarioWolf 20:16, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Even if it is going to be in the Isshu dex, we don't know what Isshu dex number it might have. The same can easily be said for Pokémon like Magikarp, Geodude, Zubat, Abra, etc. Rai Marshall 00:20, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- It's not in there. We have confirmation. Only Gen V Pokémon will be in the Idex. TTEchidna 00:26, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
I don't recall exactly where we got Basurao's name from but it's not in the bus demo flyer or the leaked Coro Coro scans. Can someone confirm whether this information came from a reliable source and if not, kindly remove it? Sorry it it's confirmed, I just don't remember where it came from.--A Tell-Tale Heart 16:52, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
Nevermind, Serebii says it's from same blog as Darumakka. I wasn't sure since we don't have a picture of it.--A Tell-Tale Heart 19:43, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- So if Minezumi is 010, it follows that Miruhoggu would be 011, right? Since they are in a confirmed evolutionary line.--PhantomJunkie 03:05, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
National Dex numbers
I noticed that following the announcement that pre-Isshu Pokémon are absent from the Isshu Dex, Chillarmy, Minezumi, and Miruhoggu have been given National Dex numbers on this page but not in the individual articles. Could someone take care of that?--A Tell-Tale Heart 18:22, 10 August 2010 (UTC)