Talk:List of Pokémon by Unova Pokédex number
Semi-newly Announced Pokemon
This article needs to be update to include the two newer pokemon revealed. Gigaiasu and Mamanboo.
Would it be safe to assume that Mamanboo is atleast a Water type?
--Paperstraw 19:31, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- I'd add that Victini's details have been revealed as well in the hopes that someone will get off their *** and write the article, but there's no point requesting an update on this page or on any other pages for that matter. The people with editing privileges will update whenever the crap they feel like it (which will probably be a month after the games are released) and not a minute sooner. Apparently the people in charge of the definitive source of Pokémon knowledge on the web have more important things to do than, say, keep up with current events or keep the wiki up to date. You know, trivial things like that.--Bad Wolf 17:00, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Victini--PhantomJunkie 17:50, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I'm sorry Jello, but I'll have to support Bad Wolf on this topic. Firstly this is an encyclopedia, something that is supposed to provide the most up-to-date information on its contents as fast as it's released, while this is not humanly possible all of the time, articles should be updated/culled atleast once per week, especially with news of a new game constantly trickling in.
You use the creation of news articles as an excuse, but there hasn't even been an average of 1 article/day, so that is not a satisfactory response in my opinion. There are currently 19 administrators on Bulbapedia, and one of them even stopped in to chastise some criticism, instead of actually editting the main article being criticized, which would have probably taken considerably less time to do, so I think it should be possible to maintain a healthy social life, while updating a couple dozen articles in a week.--Paperstraw 20:37, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
who said pikachu's family is going to be there? coro coro said that The Isshu (Sound like issue) is located far away from the others. who said its getting special treatment (it has been used to much for such a weak pokemon. Vkickass 22:12, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- It's pretty much set in stone that Pikachu will be in there...Its appeared in all main games in the regional Dex, and it's pretty much safe to say it will be there in Black and White...--Psyライダー☮ 22:19, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
pikachu is pokemons unofficial mascot why wouldnt it be here (honestly....it should be obvious by now and they'd be idiots to stop it now) (Ataro 22:31, 12 May 2010 (UTC))
- While I agree that the Pikachu line will end up in the game at some point, we can't put it on the Regional Dex until we have confirmation that it's in the Regional Dex. It could end up being like DP's Eevee for all we know. —darklordtrom 11:50, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
This article has no "official" sources so should be tagged as such. Yes we all agree that the cutesy yellow vermin will appear in the regional dex however this has not been confirmed by any sources official or unofficial. Therefore it is entirely fan speculation at this point and this status needs to be made clear.--Beligaronia (talk) 23:12, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- See above, regarding the vermin. Tags will be put on. —darklordtrom 11:50, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- Considering that Sdex had Electabuzz and Elekid ready and in waiting at the bottom back in 2006, I don't see why we can't put that Pikachu, which is obvious, will be in the Pokédex. It's not like we're speculating that Magikarp or Geodude will be. If Pikachu's not in the regional 'dex, it's not a Pokémon game. TTEchidna 18:35, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
Reshiraram and Zekrom Types
Reshiram and Zekrom have been revealed to be Dragon types.
Is it really necessary?
Do we really need to have all the ???'s in the Pokedex? I think it would be better to organize it just by what we know, like this:
However, the unnumbered ones can remain as they were. Thoughts?--Gou 19:11, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- I partly agree since the number of new Pokémon is unknown as well as the number of previous Generation Pokémon that will be added is also undetermined. It would be a great way of dealing with speculation of the number of things that are unknown at the moment until further details are revealed. -Tyler53841 19:16, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
I was going to put this on Rankurusu's page, but since it applies to a few other Pokémon I figured I'd say it here. I noticed that Wōguru's article is entitled Wargle even though the official romanization has not been confirmed (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong). However, there are other new Pokémon whose names are partly derived from English words, but they aren't romanized as such on this page or in the article titles:
- Rankurusu should be Ranculus
- Chiramii should be Chillamii
- Giaru should be Gearu
- Meguroko should be Meguroc
- Gochikuzeru should be Gothiruzeru
- Denchura should be Dentula
I know that a lot of these names are being discussed on the individual pages, but I thought I'd list them here for discussion. Either we should change all of the article names to the ones I listed, or rename Wargle to Wooguru until the official romanization is given. We can't have one article titled with an assumed romanization (no matter how likely it may be) and leave the rest as their literal transliterations; this is, after all, an encyclopedia, and consistency is important.--Bad Wolf 07:22, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Giaru is "Gearl" in my mind. But I didn't make the article. I made Wargle. TTEchidna 00:30, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
Just one question before the pre-release of the games...
I would think it would be possible that they will.But until there`s evidence that they are,They are as of the moment are not in the dex.But about the matter,The forum is a place to speculate this stuff not talk pages.LucarioWolf 20:16, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Even if it is going to be in the Isshu dex, we don't know what Isshu dex number it might have. The same can easily be said for Pokémon like Magikarp, Geodude, Zubat, Abra, etc. Rai Marshall 00:20, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- It's not in there. We have confirmation. Only Gen V Pokémon will be in the Idex. TTEchidna 00:26, 4 August 2010 (UTC)