Here are some ideas:
-Possibly better names for the lake and weather trios and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina (note that each of these guys have a similar look like all trios [these have a similar mouth] and share a naming system [like all trios except the weather trio]): Legendary fairies (maybe pixies/sprites/spirits?), legendary ancients, and legendary dragons (or something that involves dimensions).
-I agree with several articles saying Rayquaza is the internal leader/mediator of the weather trio, especially since it is more powerful that the other 2.
-I think maybe Arceus can be considered the leader of both the fairies and dragons. This would fit since it is so powerful.
-I don't think the weather/dimensional trios can be considered true trios, since they break some patterns (Weather - not all are equally powerful; internal leadership; don't share a naming system; they look similar but are not in the same, say, "family"; while other trios would typically share the same stance (flying, all fours, bipedal, etc.), these do not; Dimensional - not all together in 'dex listings; stance thing). Also, perhaps one could say each has a legendary that sort of opposes what they represent? The weather trio all represent a part of the Earth, whereas Deoxys is an extra-terrestrial being, and the dimensional trio each represent a dimension of reality, whereas Darkrai represents dreams. So perhaps these guys can be seen as "leader" (well, antithesis) to these trios.
Sorry for the OR. ^^; --Momru 21:00, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Merging the trio pages
I think all of the trio pages should be merged into this article. Most are very short and would fit under their own headings in this article. At the very least, trio master should be merged with this article. Thoughts? --Momru 16:29, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- I was just going to suggest this. It sounds like a great idea. Whoo for extremely late replies. MK 13:14, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Other Possible Groupings
- Celebi (Prayer)
- Jirachi (Wish)
- This is also hinted at when Jirachi replaced Celebi on the bonus disc; Celebi's wish-granting seems to be the benevolent kind that gods do, Jirachi's seem to be the literal, malevolent kind that demons/genies do
- Shaymin (Nature)
- Rotom (Technology)
- Regigigas (Pangaea)
- Manaphy (Panlassa)
- Phione is servant to Manaphy
- Deoxys (DNA/Space)
- Heatran (Magma/Earth)
- Rotom is not a Legendary, though... ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 14:15, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- It does have the music, and you can only catch one in an event battle. Plus, Manaphy/Phione is also in the genderless egg group. I don't know, it just seems to be set up as an opposite pretty well.KrytenKoro 19:00, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- True, but that also means that not all legendaries must appear in the exact same circumstances, and Rotom still has the traditional "legendary pokemon" theme. While Rotom may corrupt technology, it is still drawn to it - just like how Lugia is drawn to the sea, while its duty in the movie is to depower it.KrytenKoro 19:12, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Hey, has anyone noticed how the trio pics on this site are (no offense) COMPLETELY PATHETIC?!?! I say someone ask Aragornbird (the webmaster on Arkeis.com) to make some trio pics. Those things are terrible! Giratina's Embodiment (talk · contribs)
- Official artwork is preferable to fan art. We get less edit wars that way. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 18:27, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
I still say we should call in aragornbird, his pics are awsome. Please don't say 'if you think FAW is so good, you draw pics yourself', because I can barely draw Ditto. Giratina's Embodiment 23:20, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Other Possible Groupings Part II
I think you should extend those to full trio ideas, rather than just duo such. I would do at least one: Mew/Celebi/Jirachi ('Cute' trio) Also, while we're on the talk of 'cute' legends, I agree with whoever in Terminia put up a Manaphy/Phione pair on the duos page. I need to get to that right now. What in the name of Majora put brains in that guy? (Sorry, that's a compliment). Giratina's Embodiment 23:54, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- ...Do you have proof of such?~Ποκεμανιακα0β 00:17, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
No Merge on my lands!
NO merging the trio pages on my watch. Although I agree with merging the Legendary Trio and Trio Master pages. Giratina's Embodiment 18:21, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Pics Part II
Okay, I have an idea. I'm gonna talk to aragornbird, and if he agrees, how about we add the pics rather than changed to them? Because I think those pics are awesome, but agree with Fabu-Vinny; it'll prevent unnessasary edit wars. Giratina's Embodiment 18:44, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
I think that these trios need better names! for example; G/K/R: Wheather Trio? Bad Name. Mabye change to Legendary Earthmasters? Or Super-Ancients, I like that one. U/M/A: Lake Trio? Again, bad name. Try Lake Spirits, or Legendary Spirits. D/P/G: Dragon Trio? Not to bad, but I like that Universal Trio one. Or Legendary Universals. Giratina's Embodiment 20:21, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Good point, but could we at least throw in alternate names for them, like (using dragon trio as example)
Dragon trio is the term used to describe the trio of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. They are also known as the Universal Trio.
Or something like that. Giratina's Embodiment 20:27, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- If you made up that name, and not another professional website, then no. PL12 20:28, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Fine then. Giratina's Embodiment 21:58, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
All of those names are terrible. Earthmasters? Kyogre lives in the Ocean and Rayquaza in the sky. Why would we even include fan names? -Sketch 22:06, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Can it, Sketch. I ain't called Giratina's Embodiment for nothing.
- You shouldn't talk to Sketch like that, he's an admin. Plus he does have a point. --PsychicRider☮ 17:12, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
Did you not hear what I just said?! I ain't called Giratina's Embodiment for nothing. My master just has a little trouble with the keyboard. Giratina's Embodiment 17:14, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- Riiight. Still, fan made names shouldn't be used. This is an encyclopedia, and we don't use them here, it was what my point and Sketch's point. --PsychicRider☮ 17:17, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
Whatever. I'm just gonna specify what my names meant.
Earthmasters: This trio controls the condition of the Earth. Super-Ancients: They are ancient Pokémon.
Lake Spirits: This trio's member's all live in lakes in all games they appear in, and M/A are seen as spirits in the anime. Legendary Spirits: latter of previous explanation.
Universal Trio: This trio may as well control the universe. Legendary Universals: Exact same thing. Giratina's Embodiment 22:29, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Is it a coincidence?
- No, I think that was planed Yami 20:05, 14 November 2009 (UTC)