- BZZT, unlike the birds, beasts, golems, and pixies, these guys have no special duo traits or stories. The birds together summon Lugia, Ho-Oh made the beasts, the golems awaken Regigigas, and the pixies were created by Arceus. TTEchidna 23:25, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Not sure which question you're trying to answer, but if you're talking about getting their own pages:
- I think if we are going to state the similar movesets we need them to have a new template and there own pages. I think it's a good idea. :)
- Similar movesets (for some of them)
- Mewtwo/Mew has movie and relations
- Lati@s (obvious, already has a page, similar movesets)
- Lugia and Ho-Oh both resided on the towers
- Cresselia and Darkrai are polar opposites (in Mystery Dungeon and DPPt at least)
- Phione and Manaphy are in the same family, similar traits, similar movesets.
WTH WTF ON LD Pg!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
WTH WHO IN TERMINIA IS DELETING MY SEAFAIRYDUO SECTION! I DEMAND AN ANSWER! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! Giratina's Embodiment 00:24, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- As I said, do you have proof as them both being a duo? Phione is merely an offspring and a sort of "servant" to Manaphy~Ποκεμανιακα0β 00:26, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Good point. Sorry. I didn't see your comment on the trio page.Giratina's Embodiment 18:18, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Oh no it's fine, don't apologize~Ποκεμανιακα0β 18:21, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
How about we make a speculation duo heading then: Speculation Trios? It would make a good idea, plus anyone who wanted could put up their speculation? I need at least 4 people backing me up on this before I'm gonna make this, and if anyone makes it before I have the 4+ 'votes', I'm gonna delete it like Pokemaniac102 did to my section. Just sign, and I'll consider it a 'vote'.
- Oo, sorry but Bulbapedia rule is NO SPECULATION~Ποκεμανιακα0β 18:36, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
OK, sorry. Giratina's Embodiment 18:37, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
There should be one under each section like there is on the trio pages.20:42, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
I thought I had better check first, but I think there has been a mix-up regarding the Tin Tower and the Brass Tower. It says that Lugia perched at the top of the Tin Tower, and Ho-oh on the Brass Tower. Shouldn't that be the other way round? Ho-oh is found at the Tin Tower in Gold and Silver. Taromon777 11:59, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
If Mew and Mewtwo are a duo, Manaphy and Phione are also! Mewtwo is the unnaturaly created stronger version of Mew Phione is the naturaly created (bred) weaker version of Manaphy. The first are both Psychic the latter are both Water... There is no logic saying one are a duo and the other 2 are not.--Saiph charon 12:46, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
Mewtwo and Mew, a duo?
It is a bit of an stretch, the only relation they have is flavor text: They lack similar stat distributions or even stat totals and they have different movesets and learning levels. When they were made, they were not paired like the other 3 duos, and rather worked like two related but standalone Pokemon. You can see it in gen II, when they diverge, and Mewtwo inspires Lugia and Ho-Oh, while Mew inspires Celebi (and the future event Pokemon).
Yeah, Mewtwo and Mew are related, but it is not the same relation that the other 3 examples have. In fact, Mewtwo, apart of flavor text, has more things with common with the Tower Duo that with Mew; with whom it only has in common Flavor text.
So, this is at least worth of a mention in the article. An article, I have to say, way less solid that the Legendary trio one, and based quite a bit more that it in fan theories. Eriorguez 17:02, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
Should we make separate pages for each duo/trio/group?Pringles 04:07, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that of the true duos, only the Lunar Duo has one pokemon that is in the game and one from an event. Is that worth noting on the page, or no? It seemed a tad too trivial for me to do it without asking. PowerPlantRaichu (talk) 11:30, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
- What about Cresselia/Darkrai and Mew/Mewtwo? Really, based on our listing, the Tower Duo is the only duo that does have them both readily available in the same game. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 11:39, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
Perhaps it would be better to call them symmetric and asymmetric duos, instead of "true" and "other"? It just seems to play down the associations between some of them otherwise.Green Zubat (talk) 20:15, 1 February 2013 (UTC)