Gen3 bit weights may be wrong
In the process of my hacking, I believe I've found that the bit weights in Gen3 listed on this page are partially wrong, namely the isEgg and isNicknamed flags. I'm going to edit them to what I believe are the correct values, but if anyone knows differently, feel free to change them back. -Aerolite
UPDATE: Further hacking has revealed something that I didn't expect - the most significant bit in the IVs actually controls the ability a Pokemon has. If clear, the Pokemon will have its first ability. If set, the Pokemon will have its second. If the Pokemon doesn't have a second ability, when the IVs are generated, this bit is forced clear. If it is artificially set on a Pokemon with only one ability, then said Pokemon will have no ability. --Aerolite 03:40, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
31 In Everything
is it possible without hacking? I don't know the answer, but i think whoever can should put it on the page.GreenAiden555 05:25, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Possible, not probable. Keep hatching and catching Pokémon, you'll eventually get two with the same IVs, too. Of course, now with the personality value... TTEchidna 10:53, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- How do you determine what a pokemon's IV are so that you can calculate it?
- Veekun's got a calculator that determines them from the Pokémon's stats. There's a link to it at the bottom of the page. TTEchidnaGSDS! 04:32, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanx a lot TTE. How do you know everything that goes on on this website? <I don't mean to start a long conversation about this, just wondering.../>
- I have captured a Linoone (Docile) in Ruby at LV26 with SP.DEF 42. The Calcalator now tells me, that this isnt possible (39 would be possible), so does some Pokemon already have some EVs (must minimum have 36), when you capture them? I have never entered a battle with this Pokemon so fare. ----Blablubbb 11:25, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
1 IV = How many points?
How many stat points does 1 IV give? Is it like, 1, or 2, or 5? What is it? Sidnoea 21:08, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
Each IV gives one stat point at lvl 100 Prof. Pine 20:49, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
which is the maximum number of iv for a pokemon? is possible to get 31 for each statistic without hacking? --Marcat 12:59, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- The maximum is 31 in each, though it's extremely rare to get one with perfect IVs. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 13:37, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Eggs and IV
Are the IVs calculated when you receive the egg or when the egg hatches?
Eggs and IV
Are the IVs calculated when you receive the egg or when the egg hatches? Idiot 12:21, 31 January 2010 (UTC)