Talk:Gender unknown (Egg Group)
The question, is this programmed into the games? Far as I knew, the egg groups are taken from the actual game programming, and the Pokémon that are genderless can't breed with anything but Ditto. TTEchidna 02:08, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well? TTEchidna 05:18, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- i dont think this is programed into the games, but, it should probably be mentioned. after all, a Magnemite and Geodude are in the same group (mineral) but they cant breed together. -- MAGNEDETH 03:49, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
Remove genderless Pokemon from other egg group pages?
Yes or no? MathijsP 09:35, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- No. They're in those egg groups according to the game programming. This page exists because Nintendo knew there'd be a bunch of people writing letters and saying "Y CANT MY MAGENMIT BRED W/ MY STELIX?!", and so listed the genderless breeders separately in Stadium 2. TTEchidna 14:10, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- That's because they are in the other groups. This comes from stupid Stadium 2's stupid classification because Pokémon fans have demonstrated time and again that there's nothing dumber than we are. They likely made up that listing because they didn't want people to be whining about not being able to breed their Onix with a Magneton. TTEchidna 22:37, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- ...why, exactly, are you fixating on that combination? --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 22:40, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
According to the pages, Manaphy/Phione is also in the Water1/Fairy groups, and Rotom is in the Indeterminate group. If these truly belong as part of this egg group, they need to be put in a separate table for "also in other groups".KrytenKoro 19:03, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- Here's the thing. The "Gender unknown" egg group is simply a listing of the breedable Pokémon which lack genders, because Nintendo thought people were stupid and would attempt to breed Onix and Magnemite. TTEchidna 22:35, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Well then, the header shouldn't say "Only in this egg group".Nevermind.KrytenKoro 18:47, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Shouldn't this article be called Gender unknown Pokémon rather than than Gender unknown (egg group)?? why is it an egg group from the first place?--Wowy 08:33, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Stadium 2 listed genderless Pokémon who were able to breed (only with Ditto) as a distinct egg group. This article is a reflection and extension of that. --Shiningpikablu252 15:13, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Why is this listed as part of the total of egg groups (16), if ???-type isn't listed as part of the total of types (17)?
Could it be that... a der, the ???-type is just like this egg group: a side note. So. I'm saying in the other articles, only count 15 egg groups, mention, like the ???-type, that this is a "special" grouping, but not count it. TTEchidna 09:45, 9 June 2010 (UTC)