Should Gary's game data be here or under "Blue_(game)"? --Meowth346
"Gary has an attitude of catch first, ask questions later, as seen in It's Mr. Mime Time."
I recall hearing this in the dub; is it a dub only line? --Paperfairy
- well the only way to get an electrivire is to evolve a electabbuzz by tradin with electrizer but im not sure if it applies to the anime Ritchie
about his pokemon...
Look, I know the Jr. novelizations of pokemon aren't exactly canon with the pokemon series and all that, but didn't they mention Gary also having a Charizard and a Venusaur in addition to his Blastoise in the book "Stage fight"? I mean, sure, that book might not have been canon (It mentioned Ash's Pidgeot still being under his command despite his releasing it right after it evolved and defeated Fearow), but shouldn't it at least be worth noting in at least the Trivia section? just wondering.
- If we note that, then we'd also have to note the Charizard he toted in the Robot Chicken sketch "Pikachu Secret", from the episode Cracked China. --Shiningpikablu252 21:44, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
I remember that Gary used to be a trainer, but he stop to be a pokemon researcher, I'm not sure which region, but here was even in Pokemon Housou/ Chronicles as such, shouldn't his status change from trainer to professor or something? - Gaiden 03:24, 07 October 2007 (UTC)
- Technically now he's not yet Professor Oak the younger, because he hasn't been seen to get whatever one needs... and has no labcoat. He's on his way... but I don't think he's a professor yet. TTEchidna 20:45, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- I don't that he is a Rivel of Ash anymore , I think that Paul is more of Rivel than Gary.
Pokemon157 5:34, 08 October 2007
- He didn't keep the Hoothoot, Aerodactyl, or Shieldon. Thus, we need that Temporary section. --Shiningpikablu252 18:05, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
I'm not sure if this is valid but, aside from the fact that he has the same voice actor, but he also wears the same clothing as the video game, in the Kanto series of Pokemon he wore the same thing or at least a strong look-a-like of his game counterpart, in the rest of the series (from the point of Pokemon: FireRed and LeafGreen) Gary changes to a black shirt and purple pants, I believe that ever since that time and the fact that his character was not designed to wear new clothing, that he still looks the way he is in Diamond and Pearl Series
Also, Ash, Brock and Misty changes their clothing during each arc, this is just something i felt i need to being to notice, if you already know this sorry. - Gaiden 07:23, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah. Gary's design during the Gen I/II era of the anime (AKA, the original series in its entirety) was based off of Blue's Red/Blue art. During the Gen III/IV era (the Advance Generation and Diamond & Pearl series), his design's based off of Blue's FireRed/LeafGreen art. TTEchidnaGSDS! 04:34, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
When did Gary wear a kimono? Mooites 17:56, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Riddle Me This if I remember correctly. Let me just check. MoldyOrange 18:01, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- I just pulled the episode out of storage and watched it to see if it was correct. MoldyOrange 18:11, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well according to here, he never batteled with it, but it was seen on a computer with his profile in The Ties that Bind. --Theryguy512 20:53, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
Seeing as May's Eevee has evolved, should it really be mentioned as a counterpart to Gary's Umbreon? If a Pokémon is really needed for the sake of comparison, might I suggest adding her Wartortle to the part mentioning Gary's Blastoise and Ash's Squirtle? Eeveeman133 18:32, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- It might have been a counterpart, but May hasn't actually ever met Gary...so, I don't think it would be. MoldyOrange 19:09, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
How do we know Dodrio is in storage or not on hand? SinceIts last appearance it hasnt been comented on so we dont know where it is, maybe status unknown?--David Aipom (Speaks To Me):] Sonic Electronic 20:26, 1 November 2008 (UTC)