- 1 Brazil
- 2 Swearing
- 3 Was the episode really absolutely banned?
- 4 This episode was not officially banned by 4Kids
- 5 More on the ban
- 6 Why is a gun so bad
- 7 Hey, I've got a question
- 8 The Ban... not in Australia!
- 9 It was dubbed.
- 10 Ash's Tauros
- 11 Guns in other episodes!
- 12 Dubbed Copies Were Created And Still Exist?
This episode continue to air in my homecountry, Brazil, and our dub is based on the 4Kids Haruka uzumaki 24 September 2007, 21:34
Umm... I don't think that there is swearing on here. I mean, a very good translator watched the raw of the episode and said that there wasn't any swearing in that episode at all, and the "Swears" in the subtitles were actually added in by the subbers.
Weedle Mchairybug 10:39, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- If you are indeed right, which I think you are we should remove that line. Besides cursing wouldn't be a good reason enough to ban the episode, the word hell or damn hardly offend anyone. Well, few I mean. And besides, PG animation wouldn't have any curse words anyway.
Was the episode really absolutely banned?
Based on the evidence that between EP034 and EP036, there was a Pokémon episode that aired in the state of Texas on UPN on Friday, 23 October 1998, I believe that 4Kids got away with the ban on EP035 and EP035 aired on KTXH. The reason is that EP034 played the Thursday PokéRap (starting with Articuno) and EP036 played the Monday PokéRap (starting with Electrode).-Mathexpressions 03:34, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Um yeah, it was pretty much banned. The episode that was aired was The Bridge Bike Gang. If you're going by the American numbers, that would be episode 35 in America but 36 in Japan. --☆ケンジガール 03:39, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Now hold on a minute, there's something fishy about this. When I viewed the official sneak peek about Pokémon in the United States on YouTube, it specifically said that EP001 would air on 7 September 1998, not 8 September. When the stations aired this sneak peek, they would air all the first 43 episodes of Pokémon, with EP038 being skipped. I know because I have a video tape of 7 episodes of Pokémon, and I know the endings. I think the stations here were those of New York City, NY.-Mathexpressions 14:29, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
This episode was not officially banned by 4Kids
This episode is now banned from all stations across the world except Japan, China, and South Korea, right? But at the time it was first aired, some US stations got away with airing the episode. And according to the posts of other people, this episode was aired in other languages anyway, with the gun scenes cut out (or not). KTXH aired the episode.--Mathexpressions 10:49, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- The word "banned" does not appear at any point in this article. I seriously doubt that even some US stations got to air it because it simply wasn't among the episodes provided by 4Kids in the first place. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 11:32, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- How do you know? In the US, "The Bridge Bike Gang" (the 36th episode) aired on Monday, not Friday, and that's why it played the Monday PokéRap. So if EP035 did not air on Friday, then which episode did? Hint: It's not EP036, and it aired on 23 October 1998. The air dates for the Pokémon episodes are obviously mistaken. I don't think they did that on purpose though. PS: 4Kids had to buy the tape for EP035 or else they could not make the PokéRap.--Mathexpressions 17:36, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
More on the ban
Unlike Dennō Senshi Porygon, this episode was not officially banned by the US government. And the sneak peek of Pokémon specifically said that EP001 would air on September 7, not EP015. It did not say "sneak peek EPISODE of Pokémon". That's why some TV stations in the world got away with airing the episode. More information later. By the way, what was the original planned schedule for Pokémon in Japan?--Hitmonlee 01:27, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- It's not part of my DVD Box Set, explain that please. TheBlazikenMaster 01:31, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
Why is a gun so bad
It seems kinda hypocritical to ban this episode because of a gun. The previous episode had Jenny point a gun directly at the three in the beginning scene, and in the squirtle squad episode a large group of people all pointed guns at Ash. All of this was left intact in the English version, so it doesn't make sense to skip this episode for that reason.Morgil27 05:56, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
- Those episode only had one minor scene where people pointed a gun at Ash. This guy did it repeatedly through out the episode and Team Rocket pointed a gun at the guy at one point. Also there was dynamite.
- But I do agree. It is pretty stupid for this to be banned when all of those cartoons from the olden times, except Disney cartoons, involved blowing one character's face off with a gun. Also, they still show the Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom gets blown up, chopped into pieces, or shot, yet pointing a gun in an anime is bad and shouldn't be for children. Whatever... I don't understand American standards half the time. --ケンジのガール 06:02, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Hey, I've got a question
Is it OK if I try to write an episode guide for this episode? DarkGiratina 07:45, December 8, 2008 (UTC)
- Why wouldn't it be okay? Feel free to edit and add however you want! MaverickNate 01:49, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
The Ban... not in Australia!
I live in Australia, and I'm sure I've seen this episode in English. Absolutely sure. I'll check soon to see if I have the ep on VHS... Joshy206 12:20, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- I live in Australia too, And there is no way there is a dub version, $kids never dubbed this episode.--Force Fire talk 12:29, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
It was dubbed.
According to various credible sources, including Serebii, three 4Kids VAs, Veronica Taylor (Ash), Rachael Lillis (Misty), and Maddie Blaustein (Meowth), all confirmed that this episode was indeed dubbed by 4Kids and is probably still locked away somewhere. Blaustein also confirmed that Electric Soldier Porygon was edited and dubbed, although there is no other confirmation. Mattrd08 20:14, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it says that at the bottom of the page, under "Dub edits". ~ overgrownsol 20:15, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
I was wondering, how do we know that it was 30 Ash caught? The video I watched didn't say the number (at least the translation didn't include it). We see three Tauros being caught, and at the end we see the whole herd in Oak's lab. When was it made known that Ash has 30? Bulbajer 17:34, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
Guns in other episodes!
I seem to remember there being guns in an episode that had Officer Jenny training some Growlithe, with gun fire and everything! And also the fact that Team Rocket used bombs in an episode aswell doesn't exactly help to the factor. So why were these episodes not banned aswell?- unsigned comment from MetagrossOwner (talk • contribs)
- I started rewatching Pokemon yesterday from episode 1, and I noticed that too. like in the Squirtle Squad episode Ash gets four or five guns pointed at him in the store. The simple answer is because the people in charge of airing the episodes are incredibly stupid and don't realize how hypocritical they're being. In A Manica 23:08, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
Yep ive seen these episodes i saw the seen with guns were team rocket were with the guy and no one got hurt and in some epidoes pokemon get trapped in electric cages and trying to escapes put them through pain! And guns are in other episodes and just becuase in this episode they apere more than once and people make a big deal and like i said no one gets hurt!- unsigned comment from Pikachuandmew (talk • contribs)
Dubbed Copies Were Created And Still Exist?
"Although an English dubbed version of this episode has never aired, dubbed copies were created and still exist." Firts of all, I've been looking for these so-called "dubbed copies' for 3 years and I have yet to come across one. The only clsoe thing I've found pertaining to this is CAAT's fandub, called "Safari, So Good". But this is also nowhere to be found.
Second, you could easily say the same for "Electric Soldier Porygon" or "The Ice Cave", sicne these are also banned.
And thirdly, suggesting there are dubbed copies existing is basically advertising illegal material, since 4Kids themselves didn't dub this.
So unless there's a MAJOR reason for it being there (which I highly doubt, I'll take liberty in removing it since I just gave 3 reasons why it shouldn't be there.