I'm not quite sure in Deoxys is supposed to be based of Missingno. or not. Even my Jirachi-is based-off-the-Beanstar theory manages to mak more sense then that.--Pokencyclopedia 13:33, 6 September 2005 (CDT)
- Oh, puh-leeze. Deoxys is not based off Missingno. I should know, I'm the self-proclaimed expert on Deoxys. (the key word there being self-proclaimed.) -- PinkDeoxys 15:34, 8 January 2006 (CST)
- Not that I added it to the article, but I do somewhat agree that it shares a few traits... the call, kind of... It's like Hypno sounds like Jynx when sped up, only Deoxys you have to play backwards and sped up to make it sound like Missingno.. And the southern island thing. But I dunno, mostly it's just fan speculation unless we go and ask the designers ourselves. Not that I'd imagine they forgot about Missingno. entirely. Tom Temprotran 06:30, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
How do you obtain Deoxys? Where is it? Also, how do you obtain Jirachi or Mew?
- Deoxys requires the ticket(forgot the name). On an island. Jirachi is the Colo bonus disk. Mew requires the old sea chart.
- The ticket is called the Aurora Ticket. It was given out at Pokémon Rocks America 2004. -- PinkDeoxys 15:30, 8 January 2006 (CST)
IMO, I think Deoxys is based on it's namesake, DNA. or else viruses, with are just coated proteins like DNA.
- Deoxys is based off Deoxyriboneucleic (did I spell that right?) acid, or DNA. Its forms, Defense, Normal, and Attack, form the word DNA. The S in Speed is the last letter of its name. -- PinkDeoxys 15:30, 8 January 2006 (CST)