- Feel more comfortable saying, "based on a mammal" rather than "not based on a reptile" (Oshawott had it worded that way, though that might be different :/ ). Guess that classification between dinosaurs, birds, lizards thing mixes up what classifies as a "reptile" for me. ----NateVirus(Talk|Contributions) 23:03, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
"Chespin" is also an anagram of the word "pinches." A rubbish anagram of it, but an anagram nonetheless. I'm aware that this particular nugget might currently be too banal even for an internet wiki, but if we ever find out it evolves into something called Chessnat, then hey - looks like I've got anagram corner covered. Especially since it does look a little bit like a chestnut. With a squirrel inside. Do all chestnuts have that? Constantmotion (talk) 02:29, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Japanese: From hedgehog and chestnut
- French: From hedgehog and chestnut
- German: From hedgehog and chestnut
- English: From chestnut and pin?
- This is the main reason I think it might be an anagram! Usually I'd not say anything, given what a long shot that is, but there's got to be something clever going on with that name, it can't be from "pin," why would it be from "pin?" "Pinches" is the only other word I see in there. Pine, maybe, but chestnuts and pines are two different things. Although, maybe it's "Pin" as in "Porcupine?" With the E removed for consistency later in the evolution line. I don't know. I think Chespin's going to make a lot more sense when we see his brothers. Constantmotion (talk) 09:48, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- No, because Snivy isn't 494, Victini is. We can't make any assumptions. --Purimpopoie (talk) 23:12, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
Under Regional Pokédex numbers, why does it say Not in any regional Pokédex instead of unknown Pokédex since it has to be in a Pokédex and it is too early to put that it was not in one? PattyMan 23:30, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, it should also be trivia'd that it is the first grass starter not based off of a reptile. Chomper4 (talk) 03:04, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Or at least the first grass starter based off of a mammal. Weren't Bulbasaur and Chikorita based more on an amphibian and a sauropod respectively? Thought amphibians and sauropods were separate from reptiles. :/ need to brush up on my zoology ----NateVirus(Talk|Contributions) 22:23, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
"Was" vs. "were"
Now my French isn't that great but marron is used to refer to the colour chestnut not the actual nut. châtaigne would be more accurate for the nut. Although Chespin would match the colour chestnut it might make good trivia. ~Elso133