Can anyone help?
OK this entire article is very confusing and has left me with several questions. Firstly, how many incarnations of Amber were there? two or three? (including the original) Because it says in the article that Amber died as Mewtwo destroyed the Lab but I've watched the birth of Mewtwo about three times on youtube and Ambertwo quite clearly dies while communicating with young Mewtwo. Unless there was another inacrnation of Amber.
Also, whats with the pic of Amber Fuji in the article? Is that from some special animation or whatever which I have missed or what?
That brings me to my third point, how many animatons are there? Like I said I've watched the birth of Mewtwo on youtube but the article implies that from the special movie (mewtwo returns) there is another special animation can someone answer this for me, please? Wikid 22:29, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
Um, she has appeared as a speaking character in the anime, just not the American version. 4Kids wanted to make Mewtwo seem more evil, so they cut out the intro containing Ai/Amber which made him a more sympathetic character.
Well, I've seen Mewtwo Returns, and the Dub of the Movie features the Birth of Mewtwo short, including "Ambertwo". She does speak. She says one of the best lines in the entire series.--PikamasterADV 04:37, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
If you check out Youtube there is the american version of the cut and its adds a hell of a lot of depth to the story --Itxi 22:56, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
It was cut. Amber appears as a speaking character in the first fifteen minutes of the first Pokémon film in its Japanese version, known as Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu. The film was released in Japan with a PG13 rating, as the original dialogues were a lot deeper and the appearance of Amber as a human clone and her death were considered unsuitable for a younger audience. The original aim of the director was to create a good and meaningful animation film, that could help audiences to understand how Pokémon was not "kid stuff". This aim was reached only in the Japanese version, as 4Kids just cut out the piece with Amber and made the dialogues a lot less deep, in order to make this film more kids-friendly - the exact opposite of the director's idea. The piece with Amber was later dubbed and added as a special content in Mewtwo Returns; the dialogues were translated almost perfectly. Here are her best dialogues with Mewtwo. They could be added.
- Mewtwo: Who are you?
- Ambertwo: What do you mean? I'm a girl! A person!
- Mewtwo: A person? Am I a person?
- Ambertwo: Well, you look like a Pokémon, but you talk! I didn't know a Pokémon could talk like a person!
- Mewtwo: Pokémon? Person? What are those? Which one am I?
- Ambertwo: Maybe it makes a difference to you whether you're a Pokémon or a person but not to me. If you're in this place, I guess you must be the same as all of us are.
- Mewtwo: I feel...something... What are...these?
- Ambertwo: They're tears. You're crying.
- Mewtwo: Crying?
- Ambertwo: My daddy used to tell me a bedtime story, that when Pokémon are sad, and they cry, their tears are filled with life.
- Mewtwo: I'm so...sad...
- Ambertwo: I have to go.
- Mewtwo: WHY?
- Ambertwo: I don't know. But it's alright. Thank you for caring about me. And don't cry Mewtwo, you should be happy! You're alive, and life is wonderful...
One more thing: Fuji doesn't actually tries to clone Amber again in the animation featurette, as he, when Ambertwo dies, shouts "My Amber is gone forever!". But he does in the Radio Drama, and that deeply upsets Mewtwo, whose comment to Fuji's willing to reclone Amber is "Why? It was one Amber who speaked to me". --Rosy Crystal 17:21, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
If she's Dr. Fuji's daughter, that makes her Amber Fuji, right? Wouldn't it make sense to move it?
Well techincally she's about three people from what I can gather, Amber, Ambertwo and potentially Amberthree. But yes all of their last names are fuji so it would make sense to move it. Though, 'd make it so that Ambertwo redirects here.
The Origin of Mewtwo
What is the link that leads to the prequel of the 1st movie? The one with Amber, Mewtwo, and the starter Kanto clones? If you don't know what I'm talking about, the link is here: http://serebii.net/movies/mewtwo/origin/. ht14 22:12, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- Anyone know what I'm talking about? ht14 14:21, 13 October 2008 (UTC)
- That's just a part of Mewtwo Strikes Back that was cut from the English version. It was later included along with The Return of Mewtwo DVD release. But it's not an independent short, it's actually scenes from Movie 1. Therefore, it doesn't have it's own page. That answer your question? Satosuke 04:54, 17 October 2008 (UTC)