Talk:2-Player Starter Set (TCG)
So I have been looking into information about the 2 Player Starter Set. What I found is the 2 Player Starter Set may have been included in something called The Pokemon Starter Gift Set, found Here. I think an article needs to be done about it, but I can't find much information on the Subject.
It seems that some of the 2 Player Starter Sets might have been sold individually, others in that Gift Set.
Also I found that the 2 Player Starter Set, while said to have contained a Chansey Coin, In Actuality, doesn't have a coin at all as Far as I can tell. The Coin appears to have been an Eevee Coin Contained in The Pokemon Starter Gift Set, not The 2 Player Starter Set Box itself.
Lastly when the 2 Player Starter Set is Shadowless, the five in a row Cards on the back of the Box Consists of Grass, then Fire, then Water, then Electric, then Psychic, then Fighting Energy Cards. Instead of Fire Energy, then Charmander, then Rattata, Then a Potion Trainer, then Machop, the Fighting Energy Cards.
Creoix 23:08, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- I'm going to rebut this if only for the fact you haven't provided information that it didn't exist, 'The Pokémon Starter Gift Set' was not available that I know of on Australian shores, and I know for certain that you could get the '2 Player Starter Set' as an individual deck, because it was my very first deck. It also came out before the Jungle series was even released, and I believe it did come with a Chansey coin. So do you think it's possible that when sold individually it came with coin? --Spriteit 11:49, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- The only information I have, is that I have watched many youtube video's looking for what coin was contained in the 2 Player Starter Set, and there was never a coin mentioned. And as seen Here "The package does not contain a Chansey coin like the regular Base Set theme decks, as it was probably made after this was first released." Of course this could only be for America, I am not sure what was contained in the ones released in Australia.
- Creoix 17:05, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- I'd like to second Creoix on this one. Even PokeBeach's data on the 2 Player Starter Set verifies that the set does not include the play coin. Additionally, the box for the set does not cite the inclusion of a coin. Platinum 06:57, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- Due to the fact that I can't say with certainty that it came with the Chansey coin, I will at least say it was sold individually and not as a part of a set. Australia doesn't always follow American, examples can be seen in things such as pre-ordering specials with games, or even episode releases for shows, so I wouldn't be surprised if this were an example. --Spriteit 11:20, 11 January 2012 (UTC)