| Sootopolis Gym|
ルネジム Rune Gym
The Sootopolis Gym (Japanese: ルネジム Rune Gym) is the official gym of Sootopolis City. It is based on Template:Type2 Pokémon. The Gym Leaders are Wallace and, later, Juan. Trainers who defeat them receive the Rain Badge.
In the anime
The Sootopolis Gym appeared in two episodes of the anime.
After challenging Juan, Ash learned that the battle would be divided up into two parts. The first part was a double battle. Once both of Juan's Pokémon fainted, the battle would switch into one-on-one battles. Ash defeated Juan in Eight Ain't Enough! and earned his Rain Badge.
Sootopolis Gym is also the home to Sebastian, the assistant at the gym.
In the games
To reach the Gym Leader, trainers must step on every ice tile to activate the stairways. If any tile is used twice, the player will fall to a lower level, where the trainers are located. No matter where you fall, you will have to challenge at least one trainer.
- Beauty Olivia: Lombre (41).
- Lass Crissy: Wailmer (40), Wailmer (40).
- Beauty Tiffany: Carvanha (39), Wailmer (39), Sharpedo (39).
- PokéFan Marissa: Azurill (36), Marill (38), Azumarill (40).
- Beauty Bridget: Azumarill (41).
- Lady Brianna: Seaking (41).
- Beauty Connie: Goldeen (40), Wailmer (40).
- Lass Andrea: Luvdisc (41).
- Beauty Connie: Goldeen (40).
- Lass Andrea: Luvdisc (40).
- PokéFan Annika: Feebas (39), Feebas (39).
- Lady Daphne: Luvdisc (39), Luvdisc (39).
- Beauty Tiffany: Carvanha (39), Sharpedo (39).
- Beauty Olivia: Clamperl (35), Corphish (37), Lombre (39).
- Beauty Bridget: Azumarill (40).
- Lass Crissy: Goldeen (39), Wailmer (39).
- Lady Briana: Seaking (40).
- PokéFan Bethany: Azurill (35), Marill (37), Azumarill (39).